Same Xbox Live account does not share progress on Forza Horizon 5

Discus and support Same Xbox Live account does not share progress on Forza Horizon 5 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I played FH5 on my old laptop and had a ton of cars, money, exp, etc. Recently, I got a new laptop, but when I launched Forza Horizon 5 and signed in... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Gaston Manoukian, Nov 2, 2022.

1. Same Xbox Live account does not share progress on Forza Horizon 5

I played FH5 on my old laptop and had a ton of cars, money, exp, etc.

Recently, I got a new laptop, but when I launched Forza Horizon 5 and signed in with my Xbox live account, there was no sync process message, I was sent directly to the tutorial, which I finished and still haven't got my progress. When I enter the Xbox app, my progress shows, my play time, all the achievements, but in game I haven't got anything.

On my old laptop, I reinstalled FH5 and have all my progress there, but when I launch it on my new one I don't have anything, I am connected to the same account on both devices.

Why isn't progress syncing? Is there a way I can get my progress onto the new computer? File sharing maybe?

:)

Gaston Manoukian, Nov 2, 2022
  2. Gaston Manoukian Win User

Already fixed it, thanks for your help
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

That's really odd.

Please try using the old PC and open the game. Then try waiting couple minutes once you're inside it

After that fully close the game and if the game is using the steam cloud option to save the progress. Double check that everything is uploaded there.

Then unlink temporarily both Steam and Microsoft account and link the accounts again after a couple minutes.

Finally sign out from your Steam account on the new PC, sign in and give it a new try
  4. Gaston Manoukian Win User

It is same edition on both, steam

When you enter the game for the first time it asks you to log in to your xbox live acc
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Gaston

Are you trying to use your Forza horizon 5 progress in the same platform?

For example, the old laptop has the Steam version of the game and you have the Steam version as well in your new laptop

I ask this because progress between the Microsoft store / Xbox app version of the game and Steam can't be shared

You need to start from the scratch if you start playing using the other version
  6. SojerManLan Win User

[Forza Horizon] If I buy Forza Horizon 5 through steam, and have Forza Horizon 4 through the microsoft store, will I be able to sync my designs, tunes, etc, with my FH4 save?

Forza Horizon 5 does NOT have any announced or planned cross-progression from Forza Horizon 4. Aside from Forza Horizon 1 (which did had loyalty rewards for Forza Motorsport titles), there has never been cross-progression for Forza Horizon titles. You always had to start fresh with each game.

And about Forza Horizon 4: the lack of possibility to use the same save between Steam and Microsoft Store comes from the technical point of the each game. Both use a wholly different methods of saving which is far too much work to make them co-operate, ESPECIALLY considering that Forza Horizon 4 is way past its' prime.
Thema:

1. Same Xbox Live account does not share progress on Forza Horizon 5 - Similar Threads - Same Live account

2. I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...: I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account) for reasons I cannot remember, but I would like to change back to the original name. But, when I try,...
  3. 3 xboxs, 2x xbox live accounts .. home sharing to the same xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    3 xboxs, 2x xbox live accounts .. home sharing to the same xbox: Hi All, we have 2x live gold users and have 3 xboxes Account A is already home sharing on XBOX 3 can Account B (whom is also a live user) home share on XBOX 3 as well? ergo, can XBOX 3 have...
  4. Can I set up another Xbox Gold Live account under the same email address

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I set up another Xbox Gold Live account under the same email address: We have 2 xbox consoles in our house. One is Xbox Series X and the other is Xbox Series S. We tried using a single Gold Live account with a "Home Console". However there is too much conflict for...
  5. Two Xbox’s same account & live play each other ?

in XBoX on Windows
    Two Xbox’s same account & live play each other ?: I have the Xbox X with lots of games & game pass. I also just purchased the S so my husband can stop taking over mine. Can I use my account & live on both systems & play live on the same games...
  6. Two Xbox consoles on one live account at the same time

in XBoX on Consoles
    Two Xbox consoles on one live account at the same time: Hi, can someone please assist. My son had an xbox1 and he shared this with his brother and both have saved game content. They both got an xbox S at Christmas and I have set one as home console...
  7. Does Game pass ultimate enable live gold for same account in 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Game pass ultimate enable live gold for same account in 360?: When I get Game pass ultimate for a specific account, does the same account in 360 console enable the live gold subscription? I want to transfer game data from 360 to xbox one/series s. For 360...
  8. 2 boys using same Xbox Live account , wanting to get new xbox and live account but keep all...

in XBoX on Consoles
    2 boys using same Xbox Live account , wanting to get new xbox and live account but keep all...: I have 2 boys who share an xbox live account using same profile, but both play different games. ( They split days playing). I'm looking at buying a new Xbox one and get a new live account for my...
  9. Playing Fortnite with 2 Xbox accounts (family) and 1 shared xbox live account at the same time?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Playing Fortnite with 2 Xbox accounts (family) and 1 shared xbox live account at the same time?: Hi! My two kids have both an Xbox One S. One of them has a Xbox Live Gold account. He added his brother as a family member. They both want to play Fortnite at the same time. But this does not...
  10. Xbox Live account suspended because the same user reported the same offense 8 days in a row

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live account suspended because the same user reported the same offense 8 days in a row: My son was suspended from Xbox live for using bad language about 2 weeks ago. Ever since then his "friend" keeps reporting him for the exact same phrase every single evening which is resulting in...