Same as many!! I can't download free gold X360 games on my Xone (Dirt3)

Discus and support Same as many!! I can't download free gold X360 games on my Xone (Dirt3) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have gold subscription till 2017, I was very interested with the backward compatibility for the free X360 games as announced 2 weeks ago. I didn't... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by The Nile Prince, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Same as many!! I can't download free gold X360 games on my Xone (Dirt3)

I have gold subscription till 2017, I was very interested with the backward compatibility for the free X360 games as announced 2 weeks ago.

I didn't have X360, only the Xone is my first purchase for XBOX,

Simply I can't purchase the free game (Dirt3) as promised or as announced earlier, either through website or sure Xone

when I press "download from store" it directs me to X360 option only and requires valid payment option although it is free game and I have $ credits in my profile !!!

As per my chat with Xbox ambassador he informed me that i must have 360 console to be able to download the game to my Xone !!!!!! which I found ridiculous and irrational and in this case it would be a false marketing add.

I'm very disappointed with this situation I would prefer not to announce such incomplete or incorrect message

Thanks XBOX and Microsoft !!

:)

The Nile Prince, Nov 14, 2015
  2. PhloydBarnum
    PhloydBarnum Guest
    Getting Xbox 360 gold games on Xbox one

I, too, have had issues purchasing games with gold on xbox.com. However, I have had no problem acquiring the games on my X360 and XONE. I have already downloaded Dirt3 (and minimally played it) on my X360. I will test tonight to see if I can access it
    on my XONE. I think the answer to your question is:

1. Download the "Free Games for Gold" on your X360.

2. Then, download the game on your XONE.

PhloydBarnum, Nov 14, 2015
  3. HaleemSyed
    HaleemSyed Guest
    Free gold X360 games on xone

can we able to download the x360 free games with gold on xone. I dnt have x360, I just take xone and subscribe to gold for one year. I can see the free games only for xone but not for x360 in my membership area.

Thanks

HaleemSyed, Nov 14, 2015
  4. SpaceGhostBC
    SpaceGhostBC Guest

I do not have 360 and got dirt 3 on xbox one...had to turn off view web pages as a mobile device in the one settings, i then was given the option to purchase...did not charge cc and showed up in ready to install...but hurry as it is free just a short time
    longer...hope this helps.

SpaceGhostBC, Nov 14, 2015
  5. SpaceGhostBC
    SpaceGhostBC Guest
    just click the right settings button on controller while in explorer/edge and go to settings...should see it there.

6. SpaceGhostBC
    SpaceGhostBC Guest
    sorry to hear that,but it worked for me from the store web page.....maybe restart your console after...

7. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    Ms account balance doesn't work

You must have a valid payment method with a matching billing address

Yes you have to have an xbox 360 to download free xbox 360 games only has to be done once to comply with compatibility

So renting or using a friends console only once will work

ngocphi, Nov 14, 2015
  8. Same as many!! I can't download free gold X360 games on my Xone (Dirt3)

in that case, -Dear MS people probably sitting in their offices right now and laughing their *** of over us....

based on all of the ad's and videos --> the big update which will bring our customers hours of fun with xb360 games.... was all a joke....

ObeyTheFerret, Nov 14, 2015
  9. xMace78x
    xMace78x Guest
    I no longer own a Xbox 360 and was able to download Dirt 3 onto my Xbox One console so having to download it on a 360 console 1st is simply not true.

xMace78x, Nov 14, 2015
  10. the moment you had xbox 360 thats enough

you dont need to have it now...

I found this answer in other topics...

you can also login at a friend place who has xbox 360 (which i dont have), it when you are back on your xbox one it will work....

so till now, there is no way to have it without having xbox 360 (or if you had in the past)

ObeyTheFerret, Nov 14, 2015
  11. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    You only need to have it once on your account it does not need to stay on you login once and download one title

ngocphi, Nov 14, 2015
  12. Finally I'm downloading Dirt3

I didn't have X360 or logged into a friend's old xbox

I just added my credit card details when asked for a valid payment option and it purchase was completed !!!

The Nile Prince, Nov 15, 2015
  13. Ivan Patrick
    Ivan Patrick Guest

I dont can purchase the game, the error "Desculpe. Esta oferta não é válida na sua região." "Sorry. This offer is not valid for your region" its show me every time that i try purchase the game.

Ivan Patrick, Nov 1, 2018
  14. PhloydBarnum Win User

Getting Xbox 360 gold games on Xbox one

I, too, have had issues purchasing games with gold on xbox.com. However, I have had no problem acquiring the games on my X360 and XONE. I have already downloaded Dirt3 (and minimally played it) on my X360. I will test tonight to see if I can access it
    on my XONE. I think the answer to your question is:

1. Download the "Free Games for Gold" on your X360.

2. Then, download the game on your XONE.
  15. ObeyTheFerret Win User

in that case, -Dear MS people probably sitting in their offices right now and laughing their *** of over us....

based on all of the ad's and videos --> the big update which will bring our customers hours of fun with xb360 games.... was all a joke....
  16. ngocphi Win User

Ms account balance doesn't work

You must have a valid payment method with a matching billing address

Yes you have to have an xbox 360 to download free xbox 360 games only has to be done once to comply with compatibility

So renting or using a friends console only once will work
  17. Ivan Patrick Win User

I dont can purchase the game, the error "Desculpe. Esta oferta não é válida na sua região." "Sorry. This offer is not valid for your region" its show me every time that i try purchase the game.
  18. SpaceGhostBC Win User

just click the right settings button on controller while in explorer/edge and go to settings...should see it there.
Thema:

1. Same as many!! I can't download free gold X360 games on my Xone (Dirt3) - Similar Threads - Same many can't

2. Can I use XAC with external joystick and separate steering wheel at the same time?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I use XAC with external joystick and separate steering wheel at the same time?: Is it possible to use a Logitech g920steering wheel and a separate joystick (Logitech 3d extreme pro ) that is Xbox compatible with the Xbox adaptive controller together. Eg allowing me to use the...
  3. Game froze now when I load any game that same frozen image appears.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game froze now when I load any game that same frozen image appears.: Any help from anyone would be appreciate! Im at a loss. Ive done everything I was playing Ark survival ascended like i do daily and it froze mid game about 2 hours. I did all the power cycling and...
  4. I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...: I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account) for reasons I cannot remember, but I would like to change back to the original name. But, when I try,...
  5. We have two xboxes in our home and want to be able to play online with the kids at the same...

in XBoX Accessibility
    We have two xboxes in our home and want to be able to play online with the kids at the same...: We have two Xboxes in our home and only one gold subscription. is there a way that my kids can play on one of the consoles while i play on the other on the same online game at the same time? i am...
  6. My accounts are connected to the same email

in XBoX on Consoles
    My accounts are connected to the same email: I have one email and 2 accounts connected to it. One of the accounts has Xbox game pass on it and the other doesn't. I can't manage the account that has xbox game pass. Whenever I try to manage...
  7. 2 Xbox in same house

in XBoX on Consoles
    2 Xbox in same house: Hi Can someone help. I have a Xbox in the living room which I have had for a year. I just purchased another Xbox x for the bedroom. I hear things about making one a home Xbox or something and...
  8. Can two people play the same game on two different consoles

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can two people play the same game on two different consoles: Hi I wanted to know If I bought a physical copy of a game and played it on my xbox can I then give it to my friend so he can download the game and play it too To clarify the friend is also on...
  9. Xbox Series | Will 2 Externals & 1 SSD Expansion Slot All Work At The Same Time

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series | Will 2 Externals & 1 SSD Expansion Slot All Work At The Same Time: We all know 2 externals work at the same time, but what about 2 externals & 1 ssd expansion 71ee8506-f83c-4982-84cb-3665c819bb34
  10. How many games and apps can the Xbox one S run at the same time?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How many games and apps can the Xbox one S run at the same time?: How many game('s) and apps can the Xbox one S run at the same time, because I want to know if I can run 1 game and two apps (Simple background music player / Dolby access) running in the...