Sales lagging behind?

Discus and support Sales lagging behind? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Here's some facts that you all will like to read, the VGchartz stats are actually correct for everybody bashing on them, they take there information... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PeterTheWolf, Jan 2, 2014.

1. VulcanVFX
    VulcanVFX Guest

Sales lagging behind?

Here's some facts that you all will like to read, the VGchartz stats are actually correct for everybody bashing on them, they take there information from memos filled out by companies for tax purposes and the information honestly isn't that hard to get a
    hold of. Anyways, it's very interesting that the microsoft stocks have actually risen sense the XB1 announcement however sony's has fallen sense the PS4 announcement and even the launch. Also currently microsofts network is 3 times that of Sonys, the main
    reason I'm not getting a PS4 is cause I don't believe in investing in anything from a very financially unstable company and Sony has been downsizing for the past 4 years now trying to get back on there feet from the PS4 and PS vita less, for 5 years straight
    they didn't make a profit. Please keep in mind that the numbers are global, the PS4 has been launched in 31 countries where as the XB1 has only been launched in 13 countries. Also the sales for the XB1 will skyrocket once Titanfall is released and MS has already
    confirmed 3D support coming sometime in the future, also a NeoGaf reported supposedly got some leaked information about a Drive Update coming out for the XB1 in the near future that will provide an atleast 10% increase in performance, however that is all he
    has said at the moment and no word has been confirmed if this will allow certain games to play at higher frame rates or resolution and the reporter has recently been spot on with his leaked information, all these things will boost the XB1 sales.

VulcanVFX, Jan 2, 2014
  2. Wiggs
    Wiggs Guest
    [quote user="Fractal Elves"]

ps4 400 and xb1 500 retailers have to sell 5 ps4's to = the $$$$ amount of 4xb1's

[/quote]Thats pretty irrelevant.

Wiggs, Jan 2, 2014
  3. Wiggs
    Wiggs Guest
    I see you didn't really try and explain why a more expensive console would make the units sold be less or more important.

Considering companies look to see how many ppl have a certain console I don't think it matters at all. If the X1 cost $1000 and sold 5 million to Sony's PS4 which cost $2 and sold 5 units.

Publishers would probably not care about the PS4 and put their game only on the X1.

Also consider the fact that retail stores don't really get too much from selling consoles...so, as you can see....I'm not sure what your point is.

Wiggs, Jan 2, 2014
  4. blue spader
    blue spader Guest

Sales lagging behind?

[quote user="x0x CAMARO x0x"]
    Also, your data that Microsoft has always lagged behind Sony is inaccurate. Xbox 360 was the best selling console for 18 - 20 months leading up to next gen releases. Please do your research. Both consoles are selling EXCEPTIONALLY well for being out just
    over a month. I cannot imagine anyone saying "We only sold 2 million consoles in 30 days, that sucks!" Your concerns other than games have no merit.

[/quote] how is that possible. the ps3 surpassed the 360 in total sales in 2013 and that was with a year later start. that doesn't happen because the xbox 360 is selling more.lol that's plain stupid. also the ps4 is 30% ahead of sales for the new generation.
    ms is just worried about the us, sony is a worldwide console. ms is getting killed this year. I see a 40% price drop in the near future for the xbone.

blue spader, Jan 3, 2014
  5. blue spader
    blue spader Guest
    [quote user="ICN3D"]
    Last time I heard the PS4 was beating the X1 in sales by like 100K.

So, no...it's not doing badly. To be fair though....the PS4 has yet to hit Japan...a place where Sony does very well....and MS....well...does not.

[/quote] no its ove a million and growing. heck the ps4 outsold the xbone by 166k just in spain and xbone is way more than a million behind vin the us. ms is getting ***. bad equipment +high price=flop no matter how you spell it

blue spader, Jan 3, 2014
  6. DuFFuL
    DuFFuL Guest
    Really what's the big deal. Does having a console that sold more make you feel like your a true man. Does putting crap on a console maker prove you have a huge .........! Man the childish crap on this forum is really getting beyond a joke. You did nt make
    the console. You have no claim to fame just because you purchased it. It does not make you better than anyone else. The only people who can be proud of the console is the people who made it. Your just a consumer and if you think that makes you better than
    anyone else than you are saddly mistaken.

DuFFuL, Jan 3, 2014
  7. JWSpeed
    JWSpeed Guest
    blue, You better check your source again, vgwrongcharts, it's down to less that a million world wide!

JWSpeed, Jan 3, 2014
  8. Zero Divided
    Zero Divided Guest

Sales lagging behind?

2 million in sales the first 18 days hardly qualifies as a flop, the games are going to decide if a console is going to flop or not, many believe that is why the PS3 finally over took the 360, because the exclusives on the 360 dried up at the end.

Zero Divided, Jan 3, 2014
  9. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest
    [quote user="VulcanVFX"]the VGchartz stats are actually correct[/quote]They're not. They're made up. That they slap the label "projection" on the numbers does not change the fact that the company is ten people trying to con others into paying them to "guess".
    When they get their projections radically incorrect they then adjust their numbers after hard sales data becomes available from reliable sources.
    Yeah... no. If that
    were true far more reputable sources than "VG Chartz" would be providing accurate sales data.

This is their methodology. They're making things up.

IceStorm III, Jan 3, 2014
  10. [quote user="BlindandCynical"]

struggling to find stock? almost every retailer has it online, and ive been to at least 4 stores that had more then 15 xbones and like 100 controllers on the shelves...

If you don't believe me im going to one tomorrow and can take a picture.

[/quote]

Here in the UK there has been a huge struggle to find stock up until very recently and some stores and sites are still struggling to meet demand. This may just be that they didn't really think about the UK too much in their initial projections but I can
    assure that in the first month they were not easy to come by which would have had a monumental effect on sales. Most sites had waiting lists of 1 month and upwards, I was in fact incredibly lucky to get mine when I did and purely got it on a basis of having
    money in the right place at the right time.

Dynamic Sausage, Jan 3, 2014
  11. Both systems are doing great, and will continue to do so.

Major Keebler, Jan 3, 2014
  12. FlintyGull79
    FlintyGull79 Guest
    My local Walmart stores are sold out of PS4 consoles folks!

FlintyGull79, Jan 3, 2014
  13. Blitz23 NZ
    Blitz23 NZ Guest

Sales lagging behind?

Regardless of what the ps4 sells the X1 is still doing just fine. I now have both and love aspects of both. Would hate to see either fail.

Blitz23 NZ, Jan 3, 2014
  14. PorQ 201
    PorQ 201 Guest
    Does sales matter on what you buy? They both are doing good and I believe earns more of a profit on there consoles anyway.

PorQ 201, Jan 4, 2014
  15. THE PRIS0NER
    THE PRIS0NER Guest
    Regardless of who is 'edging' who it's in all of our best interest as gamers to have all 3 consoles doing well. I'm stoked to see WiiU sales go up. That's good for all of us. Consoles would suck if it was a 1 or 2 horse race.

THE PRIS0NER, Jan 4, 2014
Thema:

Sales lagging behind?

1. Sales lagging behind? - Similar Threads - Sales lagging behind

2. Wish we'd get the full list of discounted games & add-ons for the upcoming spring sale.

in XboX Insiders
    Wish we'd get the full list of discounted games & add-ons for the upcoming spring sale.: I hope the sneak preview ultimate members are getting isn't the entire sale because in my opinion it kinda sucks. You'd think people in the insider program would get to see the list early....
  3. Predict if Xbox Games will go on Sale?

in XboX Insiders
    Predict if Xbox Games will go on Sale?: Hey everyone! I'm new to xbox. I want to buy lots of games but it will be very expensive. Is there a platform that we can use to predict if and when certain games will go on sale? submitted by...
  4. Assassin's Creed Mirage Sale Error

in XBoX on Windows
    Assassin's Creed Mirage Sale Error: I was thinking about getting Assassins Creed Mirage yesterday night. It was 6 PM Pacific Standard Time, the sale was 30% off, and only $35. It showed that it was a "Just for You" sale. Below the...
  5. Any way I can get the sales per region for xbox consoles for a thesis project?

in XBoX on Windows
    Any way I can get the sales per region for xbox consoles for a thesis project?: I am at the beginning of a long, extensive thesis project for my doctorate degree. Excited to tie a 20+ year passion into such project, gaming, it would help my progress tremendously if I can...
  6. Elite layouts for sale on the Xbox store with the elite v3

in XBoX on Windows
    Elite layouts for sale on the Xbox store with the elite v3: I’ve been using the elite ever since it arrived but outside of the horse armor/ skins you’ve been leaving money on the table because I can’t upload my creations to be sold on the Xbox store and...
  7. If I buy the game (Dirt Rally 2.0, now on sale for 11.25 GBP) and stop EA Play...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I buy the game (Dirt Rally 2.0, now on sale for 11.25 GBP) and stop EA Play...: while using EA Play subscription I downloaded Dirt Rally 2.0 for free, after that I bought many extra cars, tracks a.o. (with subscription discounts). What happens if I buy the game (Dirt Rally...
  8. I Purchased NBA 2k23 in a recent Microsoft digital sale, but cannot access My career...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I Purchased NBA 2k23 in a recent Microsoft digital sale, but cannot access My career...: I Purchased NBA 2k23 in a recent Microsoft digital sale, but cannot access My career mode... "We are preparing to launch a new season of NBA 2k23, check back shortly". Have i have been robbed of...
  9. Warthunder Newyear's sale

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Warthunder Newyear's sale: Can you guys add the warthunder newyears sale or add a pack to Xbox gamepass perks every other platform gets sales on that game and we are the ones who dont 9a7c3224-ba49-44d5-985c-fae5c69b3336
  10. Why are some dlc content not on sale for Xbox when the website it has them on sale...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why are some dlc content not on sale for Xbox when the website it has them on sale...: So I’ve been wanting get the Sims Dlc werewolves for a while now, but I just can’t seem to catch it on sale. I’ve even bought other content that would randomly go on sale multiple times. thinking...