Sales lagging behind?

Discus and support Sales lagging behind? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am planning on getting an X1 but so far too many new games are only on the 360 fo me to jump to the new one yet. However after seing this I have to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PeterTheWolf, Jan 2, 2014.

1. PeterTheWolf
    PeterTheWolf Guest

Sales lagging behind?

I am planning on getting an X1 but so far too many new games are only on the 360 fo me to jump to the new one yet.

However after seing this I have to wonder about the long term sales of the of the X1 and yes I know Microsoft has always lagged behind Sony but given the leadership changes one has to wonder about the future.

Wii U Outsells Xbox One The Week Before Christmas According To VGChartz

:)

PeterTheWolf, Jan 2, 2014
  2. Nfl app and Sunday ticket

Agreed. Every week it's something else wrong with Xbox One. Nice way to screw your loyal fan base. And they wonder why they are lagging behind Sony PS4 in sales.

XGN SABOTAGEDR CPL, Jan 2, 2014
  3. Willsky
    Willsky Guest
    UK retailer to cut Xbox One to £299 this week
    UPDATE: Sells out within minutes.

Xbox is lagging way behind PS in sales, also it is having way too many out of the box problems. XBONE is about to become the 3DO of this generation, Which was made redundant by the first PlayStation.

Willsky, Jan 2, 2014
  4. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest

Sales lagging behind?

VG Chartz data is fabricated by the small 10 person team that works for VG Chartz. It isn't based on anything substantive.

It's a headline designed to get pageviews, nothing more.

IceStorm III, Jan 2, 2014
  5. CAMARO Xlll
    CAMARO Xlll Guest
    Also, your data that Microsoft has always lagged behind Sony is inaccurate. Xbox 360 was the best selling console for 18 - 20 months leading up to next gen releases. Please do your research. Both consoles are selling EXCEPTIONALLY well for being out just
    over a month. I cannot imagine anyone saying "We only sold 2 million consoles in 30 days, that sucks!" Your concerns other than games have no merit.

CAMARO Xlll, Jan 2, 2014
  6. The low supply is worth taking note of too. I know a few people who are trying to get consoles but struggling to find stock. I would imagine there is a similar situation everywhere an this could be hindering sales.

Dynamic Sausage, Jan 2, 2014
  7. DeathlyWK
    DeathlyWK Guest
    Wii U also sold a lot in Japan, which neither console the Xb1 or ps4 is out in atm.

That chart is useless and ran by a small 10 man team, I can never take their charts seriously.

DeathlyWK, Jan 2, 2014
  8. Sales lagging behind?

The sales numbers are honestly too close for any legitimate information to be submitted by anyone. Unless its month by month. Both consoles aren't out in every serviceable market as of yet. Wait a year, they'll be closer than you think. Even IF the PS4 could
    be outselling the Xbox One by 33%, the Xbox One is still sitting in a lot of houses right now.

x0 ChetManly 0x, Jan 2, 2014
  9. Wii U sold more in one week, this is old news. I haven't looked at this link but I assume it's the one stating 688 360s sold in Japan? The ps4 sales are massive and it's not even out in J/Ntsc.

Anyway, it isn't fabricated and it also isn't relevant given the ammount of consoles available and the countries they have been released in. It was just VG's way of stirring people up and creating threads such as this

RedEye Expr3ss, Jan 2, 2014
  10. struggling to find stock? almost every retailer has it online, and ive been to at least 4 stores that had more then 15 xbones and like 100 controllers on the shelves...

If you don't believe me im going to one tomorrow and can take a picture.

BlindandCynical, Jan 2, 2014
  11. Karma403
    Karma403 Guest
    Xbox ones are all over the place in stores lots of walmarts have them in canada

Karma403, Jan 2, 2014
  12. Wiggs
    Wiggs Guest
    Last time I heard the PS4 was beating the X1 in sales by like 100K.

So, no...it's not doing badly. To be fair though....the PS4 has yet to hit Japan...a place where Sony does very well....and MS....well...does not.

Wiggs, Jan 2, 2014
  13. Sales lagging behind?

I'm looking forward to the PS4 Japanese titles like crazy tbh. Oh boy I look forward to the fanboi comments. The SMT/Fire Emblem crossover for the Wii U is actually my most anticipated title.

RedEye Expr3ss, Jan 2, 2014
  14. ps4 400 and xb1 500 retailers have to sell 5 ps4's to = the $$$$ amount of 4xb1's

Fractal Elves, Jan 2, 2014
  15. PS4 will sell more. If that bothers you for some reason buy a PS4. XB1 will do great and maintain third party support.

Major Keebler, Jan 2, 2014
Thema:

Sales lagging behind?

1. Sales lagging behind? - Similar Threads - Sales lagging behind

2. Wish we'd get the full list of discounted games & add-ons for the upcoming spring sale.

in XboX Insiders
    Wish we'd get the full list of discounted games & add-ons for the upcoming spring sale.: I hope the sneak preview ultimate members are getting isn't the entire sale because in my opinion it kinda sucks. You'd think people in the insider program would get to see the list early....
  3. Predict if Xbox Games will go on Sale?

in XboX Insiders
    Predict if Xbox Games will go on Sale?: Hey everyone! I'm new to xbox. I want to buy lots of games but it will be very expensive. Is there a platform that we can use to predict if and when certain games will go on sale? submitted by...
  4. Assassin's Creed Mirage Sale Error

in XBoX on Windows
    Assassin's Creed Mirage Sale Error: I was thinking about getting Assassins Creed Mirage yesterday night. It was 6 PM Pacific Standard Time, the sale was 30% off, and only $35. It showed that it was a "Just for You" sale. Below the...
  5. Any way I can get the sales per region for xbox consoles for a thesis project?

in XBoX on Windows
    Any way I can get the sales per region for xbox consoles for a thesis project?: I am at the beginning of a long, extensive thesis project for my doctorate degree. Excited to tie a 20+ year passion into such project, gaming, it would help my progress tremendously if I can...
  6. Elite layouts for sale on the Xbox store with the elite v3

in XBoX on Windows
    Elite layouts for sale on the Xbox store with the elite v3: I’ve been using the elite ever since it arrived but outside of the horse armor/ skins you’ve been leaving money on the table because I can’t upload my creations to be sold on the Xbox store and...
  7. If I buy the game (Dirt Rally 2.0, now on sale for 11.25 GBP) and stop EA Play...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I buy the game (Dirt Rally 2.0, now on sale for 11.25 GBP) and stop EA Play...: while using EA Play subscription I downloaded Dirt Rally 2.0 for free, after that I bought many extra cars, tracks a.o. (with subscription discounts). What happens if I buy the game (Dirt Rally...
  8. I Purchased NBA 2k23 in a recent Microsoft digital sale, but cannot access My career...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I Purchased NBA 2k23 in a recent Microsoft digital sale, but cannot access My career...: I Purchased NBA 2k23 in a recent Microsoft digital sale, but cannot access My career mode... "We are preparing to launch a new season of NBA 2k23, check back shortly". Have i have been robbed of...
  9. Warthunder Newyear's sale

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Warthunder Newyear's sale: Can you guys add the warthunder newyears sale or add a pack to Xbox gamepass perks every other platform gets sales on that game and we are the ones who dont 9a7c3224-ba49-44d5-985c-fae5c69b3336
  10. Why are some dlc content not on sale for Xbox when the website it has them on sale...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why are some dlc content not on sale for Xbox when the website it has them on sale...: So I’ve been wanting get the Sims Dlc werewolves for a while now, but I just can’t seem to catch it on sale. I’ve even bought other content that would randomly go on sale multiple times. thinking...