Router/modem issues or something wrong with Xbox speedtest?

Discus and support Router/modem issues or something wrong with Xbox speedtest? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have been tearing my hair out for the past three weeks trying to figure out what my issue is. Here is what is happening. Here is how everything is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Stryxes, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Stryxes
    Stryxes Guest

I have been tearing my hair out for the past three weeks trying to figure out what my issue is. Here is what is happening.

Here is how everything is setup at the moment;

Modem to Netgear X4S wired to Xbox One and PC

Modem to Netgear X4S wireless to two iphones, Xbox One S, PS4, and Nintendo.

I get 134 mbps download speed and 5 mbps upload speed max whether wired or wireless from everything except my Xbox One and One S. At first I thought I was having a router issue since I upgraded to the X4S so I contacted Netgear and they shipped me a new
    one. Once the new one came in I hooked everything back up and I still had the same issue. Now I am thinking it's the modem. So I wire the modem directly to my PC and run a speed test and it is perfect 134 mbps download, 5 mbps upload as usual. I then wire
    the modem directly to the Xbox...less than 50 mbps download with 5 mbps upload still. Just to be sure I go to my ISP and swap out the modem. The new modem that I received (Technicolor or Cisco) does the exact same thing when wired to the Xbox. Now I am
    thinking that the Xbox One's ethernet port is messed up. So I hook it up to the wireless 5G and STILL only get less then 50 mbps when the router sits right next to the XBox. To investigate even further I bring my Xbox One S up and run a speedtest while wired
    and on wireless 5G. Even the Xbox One S only gets 50mbps download max. I have port-forwarded and setup a static IP address to the Original Xbox One that I started doing my tests on and that didn't help the issue. To clarify further everything that is hooked
    up to my router whether wired or wireless is running at 100+ mbps download speed except for the Xbox One's. Is there some kind of compatibility issue with either my modem or X4S router to the Xbox's? I didn't have this issue before when I had a Netgear N600.
    I got rid of it because the wireless range wasn't very good. Any help at all is much appreciated.

:)

Stryxes, Mar 19, 2017
  2. Gift3d
    Gift3d Guest
    Need help with xbox live

My xbox(s) have been messin up lately, The wireless one used to do this alot but now my hard wired one right to the router doesnt like connecting have the time even tho we have internet going.. i think there is issues with XBL period lately. Best bet man is unplug your router and modem, wait a min then plug just your modem.. let it turn on and go online, then plug in your router. reset ur box and see if it works

Gift3d, Mar 19, 2017
  3. kernal69er
    kernal69er Guest
    Xbox One Twitch app and lagging broadcast

I've tried my ISP modem in bridge mode so it's just a modem and wired directly to Xbox (no router) and same issue

kernal69er, Mar 19, 2017
  4. Tormaz Win User

Windstream: has anyone found a solution for the ipv6 problem connecting to xbox live

Hello!

Most likely since it works fine after rebooting your router, it's something with the router. If it was a configuration issue on the modem/router it either would work or not work, a reboot wouldn't fix anything. I would guess, based on the information you've
    given, there's something wrong with the modem/router. Have your ISP replace the modem and see if it fixes the issue.
  5. StoicHunter85 Win User

Internet wont connect to Xbox Live

What kind of speeds should I be looking for on the speedtest? Unfortunately I can't connect directly to the modem or router, but I am within 20 feet with just one wall separating the xbox from router.
  6. JJC1982 Win User

Wired Connection - D-LINK D615 - constantly dropping connection

Thanks for your input Arkham99, but the thing is that when connecting the 360 directly to the modem there are no issues at all, so I am pretty sure there is something wrong with the router configuration.

Any suggestions are welcome :).
  7. Mafivee Win User

something wrong with my modem ?

As mentioned above, online gaming doesn't take that much and you or somebody else could have downloaded something without being aware. Do you use wireless and is it secure? You might have a 'Wi-Fi Bandit' in the area.
  8. x24hrs2livex Win User

something wrong with my modem ?

If you are playing online then that very well could be your usage
Thema:

1. Router/modem issues or something wrong with Xbox speedtest? - Similar Threads - Router modem issues

2. Anyone know how to setup Nat on Hughes net cable modem /router

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anyone know how to setup Nat on Hughes net cable modem /router: Anyone tell me how to setup port mapping and port triggering on a Hughes net modem/router so I can get rid of double Nat and can play multiplayer online with my Xbox one I asked my ISP they told...
  3. Should I hook an Ethernet cable which is connected to my Xbox to my modem or my router?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Should I hook an Ethernet cable which is connected to my Xbox to my modem or my router?: I was just wondering on whether I should hook up an Ethernet - which is connected to my Xbox - to my router or modem. I recently got a new modem which is supposedly to be a lot better than the...
  4. How to configure 3 Xboxes for Open NAT behind 1 modem-router?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to configure 3 Xboxes for Open NAT behind 1 modem-router?: Three Xboxes, one all-in-one modem-router (no UPnP), one fiber connection. Two teens, one adult. All play FPS. How to configure the router? All 3 machines must be port forwarded to avoid...
  5. Got a new Modem+Router, now Remote Play doesn’t work

in XboX Insiders
    Got a new Modem+Router, now Remote Play doesn’t work: I had a Modem/Router combo and everything worked with that, but it suffered from lag and stuttering. I upgraded to a new modem and separate router, and every other device is working great....
  6. issues with mic after activating new internet modem & router

in XBoX on Consoles
    issues with mic after activating new internet modem & router: i just got a new modem & router for my internet. after activating it, when i join a party on my computer through the xbox game bar, everyone says that my voice keeps cutting out. i have a wireless...
  7. I have WoW! 1000mbps and I have my own modem. Arris sb8200 is the modem and the router is...

in XboX Networking Hardware
    I have WoW! 1000mbps and I have my own modem. Arris sb8200 is the modem and the router is...: I have WoW! 1000mbps and I have my own modem. Arris sb8200 is the modem and the router is Asus rt ac56r and the Im confused cause nothing has changed when changing modem and internet speed from...
  8. Has anyone been having any issues with their router/modem or general internet connectivity...

in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone been having any issues with their router/modem or general internet connectivity...: I'm just wondering because ever since the update issues yesterday my internet has been cutting out constantly, several times a day in a very weird fashion, prompting a manual reboot of my router....
  9. D-Link DVA-G3810BN: Problems open ports in my Modem\router D-link DVA 5592

D-Link DVA-G3810BN: Problems open ports in my Modem\router D-link DVA 5592: D-Link DVA-G3810BN: Problems open ports in my Modem\router D-link DVA 5592 You can check this https://portforward.com 9411ee79-72d6-4a89-a27e-7f35ad326ed9
  10. Zyxel C1000z: ZyXEL C3000Z Router/Modem isn't seen by Xbox One

Zyxel C1000z: ZyXEL C3000Z Router/Modem isn't seen by Xbox One: Zyxel C1000z: ZyXEL C3000Z Router/Modem isn't seen by Xbox One Do you have an original launch Xbox One? If so that may be the issue as that router uses 802.11ac and that is only supported on the S...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. has any body had issues with there xbox one modem