Roblox (windows 10) will not allow my kids to ask for my permission to play it

Discus and support Roblox (windows 10) will not allow my kids to ask for my permission to play it in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I just got a new computer and I set up user accounts for each of my kids so I can track and monitor. I was able to get roblox to work on one of the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Anthony Walsh Jr, Jan 29, 2023.

1. Roblox (windows 10) will not allow my kids to ask for my permission to play it

I just got a new computer and I set up user accounts for each of my kids so I can track and monitor. I was able to get roblox to work on one of the kids accounts when I gave them permission. However, from my other kids accounts I did the same thing where you go into the windows store from their user name and click on "ask parent" or whatever it says. I approved through the app and then nothing. No access to roblox through the start menu, when we go back into the store the blue button that says ask or play just isn't there. I went in and deleted the access to the game. I didn't block it just took it off the approved list to try and "reset". Still nothing in the windows store.

It's ridiculous that you can't install something on the parents account and share it to the children's accounts without re-installing and going through hours of work.

Any help or guidance anyone can offer would be great. I'm going through a similar issue with minecraft but I've been able to get around it mostly since you can download the launcher off the internet.

***moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Family ***

:)

Anthony Walsh Jr, Jan 29, 2023
  2. [Farscape] Win User

cant change settings on xbox or the app

your account needs to be part of a family group with a parent, your account will be classed as a child account until your 18th birthday.

i created my kids accounts when they were 4 so they had their own accounts at 4 and played roblox and other items with my permission.
  3. spawn777666420 Win User

Real windows 10 os on Xbox(is it possible?)

My question is is my idea actually possible with the hardware in the Xbox one if Microsoft allowed the system to read windows 10. That's all I'm asking. And Ibakez I'm not even talking about partitioning a a hard drive. Unless I'm understanding partitions
    wrong. I don't want to use the internal drive that is already running 3 operating systems simultaneously. I'm asking if its possible to have an entirely separate external hard drive running windows 10. Are there things that would need to be added to the system
    aside from the hard drive and windows 10 OS(and Microsoft permissions to read windows 10)
  4. mithy73 Win User

Roblox freezing

The stock answer provided by YanYannn above is - at best - incomplete. The Roblox executable (when installed via Microsoft Store) is in the folder C:\Program Files\WindowsApps which Microsoft has made inaccessible to users, rendering the instructions for disabling compatibility mode useless on their own (and I'm loath to tinker with the folder permissions). And if there were a firewall related issue, one would have thought that Roblox would not work at all, as opposed to successfully connecting to the Roblox servers but then randomly crashing every few minutes.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Roblox app, I've tried clearing the Roblox file cache in AppData\Local\Roblox, I've performed system checks/diagnostics and I've tried updating my video drivers in the hope of resolving this, but all to no avail. Basically I've tried everything bar resetting Windows. This is happening on two different PCs, one running Windows 10 and one running Windows 11. At best I am able to get about five minutes' gameplay before Roblox crashes on the Windows 11 PC (on the Windows 10 PC, freezes/crashes are more sporadic).

The one thing that appears to have worked is to abandon the Microsoft Store version of the Roblox app in favour of the one directly downloadable from roblox.com.
  5. Tuan-Anh Win User

Game overlay appears on my screen

It's happening on Roblox, and only Roblox

I'm using Windows 10
  6. Jose Martinez_22 Win User

Unrelated notification

Hi, Stella E My name is Jose, and I would be happy to help.

The steps to follow are those:

1. Go to the Roblox website and click on Sign in.

2. Enter your username and password and click on Sign in.

3. Click on your avatar in the top right corner of the screen.

4. Select Settings.

5. Click on Security.

6. In the Parental permissions section, select Disable.

7. Click on Save.

Once you have done this, you will no longer be asked to ask your parents for permission to access Roblox.

I hope this helps.
Thema:

Roblox (windows 10) will not allow my kids to ask for my permission to play it

1. Roblox (windows 10) will not allow my kids to ask for my permission to play it - Similar Threads - Roblox windows allow

2. Whenever i play windows roblox the game freezes, but i can hear all the game sounds still,...

in XBoX on Windows
    Whenever i play windows roblox the game freezes, but i can hear all the game sounds still,...: I have been playing windows roblox on my computer, i was doing fine until my roblox began to freeze, not a single error message in sight. i could still hear the game sounds and that, but the...
  3. Can someone help me why my roblox isnt working on my windows 10 laptop?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can someone help me why my roblox isnt working on my windows 10 laptop?: I turned on "run program as admin" it worked for a while, but after, my laptop kept showing an error message: "roblox game client is not responding." I tried several settings but still not...
  4. Roblox don`t work on windows 11 insider program canary

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Roblox don`t work on windows 11 insider program canary: Roblox doesn`t work on windows 11 insider program like 3 mounths, Roblox from microsoft store doesn`t work like from official website, I tried downgrade windows 11 from build 25977 to 25951 more...
  5. I cant install Windows Roblox in my Virtual Machine

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant install Windows Roblox in my Virtual Machine: Hello, so I created a VM (Windows 10) and im currently trying to install Roblox from the Microsoft store, the problem is I cant install it. When I press the install button, nothing happens....
  6. Roblox anti-cheat blocks itself from launching in the most recent Canary Channel Windows OS...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Roblox anti-cheat blocks itself from launching in the most recent Canary Channel Windows OS...: I recently updated to the newest Windows OS Build 25941 and suddenly Roblox's anti-cheat probably detected overlay Normally Roblox has Xbox overlay as an exception since Windows uses Xbox Overlay...
  7. Roblox from Windows 11 Microsoft AppStore detects i am on mobile when i am i on pc.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Roblox from Windows 11 Microsoft AppStore detects i am on mobile when i am i on pc.: I have tried every fix from various answers to this problem but it still detects i am on mobile 96b9de1f-5330-45e4-8864-041c38dcfef6
  8. Would I be able to redeem this Roblox Xbox Giftcard on Windows?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Would I be able to redeem this Roblox Xbox Giftcard on Windows?: I just bought the "10,000 Robux for Xbox" item on the Microsoft Store thinking that I could redeem it on Windows. Is there anyway I would be able to redeem the item on Windows?...
  9. Hi i have a laptop on windows 11 trying to run anime adventures on microsoft roblox but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi i have a laptop on windows 11 trying to run anime adventures on microsoft roblox but...: I came to he conclusion that my microsoft store thinks that my laptop is a mobile device and i want to find a fix <Changed to a question> ***Moved from Windows / Windows 11 / Gaming***...
  10. I can't install Roblox on Windows 10/11, what do I do?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't install Roblox on Windows 10/11, what do I do?: I can't install Roblox on windows 10/11. I tried to download it through the microsoft store app and the install button wouldn't show up. I also tried to install it through the website, the install...