Roblox Error Code 901 on Xbox Series X - what family settings are required?

Discus and support Roblox Error Code 901 on Xbox Series X - what family settings are required? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; New Xbox Series X for Christmas - Yay! Roblox throwing error code 901 - Boo! Ordered Xbox Series X for my son for Christmas. Trying to get it set up... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by steve_elmer, Dec 10, 2022.

1. steve_elmer
    steve_elmer Guest

New Xbox Series X for Christmas - Yay!

Roblox throwing error code 901 - Boo!

Ordered Xbox Series X for my son for Christmas. Trying to get it set up for him so it is ready to go when he opens it on Christmas day. So far, so good, except for Roblox - his favorite game.

Every time I try to start Roblox and log in as his account I get "Authentication Error. Trouble communicating with Roblox servers. Please try again. Error Code: 901"

However, I have no problem connecting to Roblox when I am logged in using my Roblox account. And his account is fine when logged in from his Android device.

I've tried all of the usual stuff. Checked internet connection. Soft and Hard reboot. Uninstalled and reinstalled Roblox. Unlinked my Gamertag from my Roblox account. Attempted to log in to his account using the "Quick Log In" feature on his mobile device. etc.

After further testing, I have come to find that, when logged into the Xbox as me, I can log into and link with both his and my roblox accounts. However, when logged into the xbox as him, the error appears regardless of which Roblox account I try to connect to.

So this leads me to believe that it is a problem with some of the family settings/restrictions that I have set on his Xbox account.

I have come across this article:

https://www.askaboutgames.com/news/set-up-roblox-for-under-13s-and-over-13s, which suggests a couple of settings. I have gone ahead and allowed "Can Join Multiplayer Games" and set "Can See and Upload Community Creations" to Everyone, as suggested. But still no luck. However, I notice that there are quite a few settings available beyond just these two.

So, with that said, does anyone out there happen to know which specific family settings are required by Roblox? If I start from the default "Child" Privacy & Online Safety profile, what are the necessary customizations?

Thanks,

Stephen

:)

steve_elmer, Dec 10, 2022
  2. Shenther Win User

I wish so badly that this was resolved. Xbox support are completely useless and blaming Roblox who don't like to reply let alone help. Why do things like this need to be so difficult? Why do accounts inside accounts need to be a thing? It's stupid and frustrating.

I'm getting error 901 but only on my son's Xbox account. His Roblox account works on everything else including the same console under my adult account. The Gamertag plays everything else as well. This is insane.
  3. Onyx Is Here Win User

Hello Steve, I'm an Independent Advisor.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble setting up the game. I've researched the error code 901 for Roblox and see that it may be the account has been moderated. I would recommend following the steps here https://en.help.roblox.com/hc/en-us/articles/44... to see if that's the case.
  4. steve_elmer Win User

Yeah, I've come across that article, and others like it. I have set the settings indicated in that article but to no avail. Thr Roblox guide is for Xbox One. I don't know if it makes a difference that I am on Xbox series x, but I am guessing that there must be some other setting or assumption somewhere that is being overlooked.
  5. steve_elmer Win User

Okay, so more checking / testing. It doesn't appear to be related to family settings restrictions after all. I went ahead and set him to the adult defaults but am still getting the same result. I doubt his account is moderated - although I don't know how you would tell. His account works just fine on his and my mobile devices. There is no indicator or anything of being moderated.
  6. dewdrop8881 Win User

ROBLOX Error. Code 901 in XBOX One

Good morning error code 901 says that roblox requires an update. try to update the game let me know if that fixs it... it also says this usually happens when the game is undergoing maintence.
Thema:

1. Roblox Error Code 901 on Xbox Series X - what family settings are required? - Similar Threads - Roblox Error Code

2. Roblox error code 0x80040904 appears

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Roblox error code 0x80040904 appears: When i start roblox via Xbox, it opens, a white screen appears in the application and the roblox screensaver and then closes and error code 0x80040904 appears cd7c9300-5d9e-4d43-b761-d52b62732f80
  3. On roblox I can't play the game brookhaven. It's not throwing a error code it just say that...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    On roblox I can't play the game brookhaven. It's not throwing a error code it just say that...: On roblox I can't play the game brookhaven. It's not throwing a error code it just says that I can't visit this experience on xbox. 6ee63f37-3510-49fc-8a3b-eaec2dc8c7d9
  4. Why can I not join Rainbow Friends on Roblox on my XBOX One? I keep getting error code 103.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can I not join Rainbow Friends on Roblox on my XBOX One? I keep getting error code 103.: Why can I not join Rainbow Friends on Roblox on my XBOX One? I keep getting error code 103. 63b39f52-2827-4346-92bc-01cb7ee16b43
  5. Why cant i get in my roblox account without it saying error code 901

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant i get in my roblox account without it saying error code 901: My roblox account that was linked to my xbox got banned and deleted and i cant get back in it, when i go back on roblox to log into another account it says error 901 and the only choice they get...
  6. I’ve been trying to play Roblox for that past few days, but the games says error code 103,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I’ve been trying to play Roblox for that past few days, but the games says error code 103,...: I’ve tried everything I possibly can, all YouTube tutorials don’t even work, I own an Xbox x. feee005d-fabd-475d-9973-d37d78fea744
  7. error code 103 roblox.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    error code 103 roblox.: How do I fix the 103 error code in roblox the game says eligible for all ages i’m on xbox series x and i really want to play this game it’s called rainbow friends and i’m not sure how to fix the...
  8. I have a xbox one S and roblox games brings up a error code 103

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a xbox one S and roblox games brings up a error code 103: ErrorCode 103 for roblox games It says unable to join the experience 344bc6e5-f51c-4ac9-8d3b-96f95bcb545b
  9. Roblox Error Code 116

in XBoX on Windows
    Roblox Error Code 116: Currently, I am trying to play a game on roblox but every time i try to play a game, it always says "error code 116" and tells me to turn my shared content on. I have tried dozens of things,...
  10. Roblox error code on adult account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Roblox error code on adult account: im gettinga unable to jion, your xbox account is currently not permitted to visit. error code 118. i have a adult account so all my settings is ok. please help 4ebb643b-d0ea-4561-bfad-33c39e80acd1