Roblox app on new PC with Windows 11 Opens then immediately closes.

Discus and support Roblox app on new PC with Windows 11 Opens then immediately closes. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; First day the Microsoft app Roblox worked fine. Not on the second it closes immediately after opening. Just a white Roblox screen appears that says... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Erik Nash, Mar 23, 2023.

1. Erik Nash
    Erik Nash Guest

First day the Microsoft app Roblox worked fine. Not on the second it closes immediately after opening. Just a white Roblox screen appears that says checking for updates at the bottom before it flashes off the screen.

I’ve turned off firewall and reinstalled app but doesn’t work. Help please!

:)

Erik Nash, Mar 23, 2023
  2. OpticRJames Win User

Hi, Erik. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Please try the steps one at a time to resolve the issue.

Solution 1: Repair the Gaming Services app.

Please go to Settings > Apps > Apps Features. Select Gaming Services, then click Advanced options. Click the repair button, try launching the game again using the Xbox app and see if it works.

Solution 2: Uninstall and reinstall the Gaming Services App

Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.

In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.

Restart your device and try to launch the game again and see if it works.

Solution 3: Try to uninstall and reinstall the game.

For reference, you can also try the rest of the steps from this link,

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/...
  3. William Millar1 Win User

hi i tried all of them and they didnt work
  4. Pete Viltanen Win User

Microsoft roblox freezing/crashing after awhile when playing a game

Hello there. After searching the internet for solutions for my xbox app roblox freezing I came across this thread. I have the exact same problem. Roblox app just freezes after random periods of time. It could be few minutes or sometimes close to two hours until it happens. It happens frequently and with certain probability. Not if just when. My pc remains totally responsive and other apps and and even games can run fine on the background. Only solution is close the roblox app and restart it back again. Have tried to uninstall roblox and update graphics driver but problem remains unchanged.

I hope someone will actually do something about this issue as it is very annoying and frustrating. I am using windows 10, but I tried on my other pc that is running windows 11 if roblox would work there any better and if anything it was the same or worse.

Other games for example astroneer, texas chainsaw massacre and redfall all run fine without freezing. The last two games mentioned have other issues but that is besides the point. Would appreciate new possible fixes to try or have this problem forwarded to someone who knows their stuff. Now it feels like roblox is being purposely mistreated or neglected by microsoft xbox app on pc.

Thank you for reading and hopefully this thread wont be closed until the problem actually becomes resolved.
  5. Zahir_Ramathula Win User

why does my roblox from microsoft store thinking im playing in mobile but im using my laptop windows 10

Hello Dusty712, my name is zahir.

Based on the description, you are having issues on Roblox played on Windows 11 device that was downloaded from Windows store. Let us check on this together and sort this out. Rest assured, we will do anything in our capability to assist you with your concern.

It is possible that the version of Roblox in Microsoft store is not updated. You may also check if the game is up to date by following these steps:

Open the Xbox app for Windows.

In My Library, select the game title.

Select the More options (…) button and choose Manage.

Select Files and then Check for updates.

You may check the link here for any issues on launching game in Xbox app:

Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox app for Windows | Xbox Support

We have found an official article on how to install Roblox player on Windows PC. Here are the steps:

Go to the Roblox website using any modern browser like Microsoft Edge.

Upon logging into Roblox, visit any experience and click on the green Play button

A pop-up window will appear informing you that Roblox Player is installing.

You can find the link here: How to Install and Play Roblox – Roblox Support
  6. mithy73 Win User

Roblox freezing

The stock answer provided by YanYannn above is - at best - incomplete. The Roblox executable (when installed via Microsoft Store) is in the folder C:\Program Files\WindowsApps which Microsoft has made inaccessible to users, rendering the instructions for disabling compatibility mode useless on their own (and I'm loath to tinker with the folder permissions). And if there were a firewall related issue, one would have thought that Roblox would not work at all, as opposed to successfully connecting to the Roblox servers but then randomly crashing every few minutes.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Roblox app, I've tried clearing the Roblox file cache in AppData\Local\Roblox, I've performed system checks/diagnostics and I've tried updating my video drivers in the hope of resolving this, but all to no avail. Basically I've tried everything bar resetting Windows. This is happening on two different PCs, one running Windows 10 and one running Windows 11. At best I am able to get about five minutes' gameplay before Roblox crashes on the Windows 11 PC (on the Windows 10 PC, freezes/crashes are more sporadic).

The one thing that appears to have worked is to abandon the Microsoft Store version of the Roblox app in favour of the one directly downloadable from roblox.com.
Thema:

1. Roblox app on new PC with Windows 11 Opens then immediately closes. - Similar Threads - Roblox app Windows

2. Microsoft Roblox App crash - Event Viewer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Roblox App crash - Event Viewer: Games constantly crashing. Roblox Microsoft App. Heres the event log. Whats going on?? My last post has been ignored....
  3. My Microsoft Apps are not working on my PC, and I want to download the Roblox Microsoft...

in XBoX on Windows
    My Microsoft Apps are not working on my PC, and I want to download the Roblox Microsoft...: but other Microsoft apps are working like Microsoft Edge, Settings, ETC. 0644f333-db2a-436f-9fd9-fa9a7e0a2bf8
  4. Roblox wont open in Microsoft store and also in Xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Roblox wont open in Microsoft store and also in Xbox app: Description of the problem: When I click to open it, a window appears with a white background and the roblox symbol in the middle and after a few seconds it closes. When I tried to open roblox...
  5. What if you bought the robux from the Microsoft website but you don’t have the roblox app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What if you bought the robux from the Microsoft website but you don’t have the roblox app?: I bought $4.99 - 400 robux and I thought they will give us a code but they didn’t and I don’t have the roblox app. And I want to refund it but it was declined and it got declined. I would like a...
  6. Why am I not receiving the update for roblox apps on the xbox Series S console?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I not receiving the update for roblox apps on the xbox Series S console?: With the recent update to Roblox is the rollout time delayed for the various machines it's rolling out to? My xbox series S Is not receiving the update. 52e0f9fe-06af-46a0-a74e-6ef86839b6cc
  7. Does anyone know how i can get my download details for Roblox app please?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know how i can get my download details for Roblox app please?: so the Roblox app recently updated and now its asking me to sign in, the only problem is my account was just tied to the xbox and not an email so i have no way of getting back into it so my son...
  8. ROBLOX app on Microsoft Store not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    ROBLOX app on Microsoft Store not working: Very self explanatory, the ROBLOX app from Microsoft Store on my computer does not open. And the ROBLOX Player is stuck in an install loop. I previously contacted ROBLOX Support and everything...
  9. ROBLOX app on Microsoft Store won't open

in XBoX on Consoles
    ROBLOX app on Microsoft Store won't open: When I open the ROBLOX app from Microsoft Store, it doesn't open. Same thing happens to the ROBLOX Player. I have restarted my PC, reinstalled ROBLOX and updated my graphics card....
  10. The Roblox Microsoft Store App keeps shutting down.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The Roblox Microsoft Store App keeps shutting down.: After 15 seconds of loading into a game I lose control of everything, I can't move my character, and the game just freezes up. I searched up how to fix my problem but nothing is helping. I tried...