roblox and other apps have shared content disabled.

Discus and support roblox and other apps have shared content disabled. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; i was messing with my xbox settings, trying to find what i like best what i don’t, and when i tried to join a roblox game it won’t let me due to shared... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by thylals, Jun 1, 2023.

1. thylals
    thylals Guest

i was messing with my xbox settings, trying to find what i like best what i don’t, and when i tried to join a roblox game it won’t let me due to shared content being disabled... my account is set to adult settings and wont revert to normal settings. i tried to find what is causing shared content to be disabled and i am stumped. all of my settings are “allow” and “everyone”. i factory resat my xbox, linked and unlinked my account to roblox and nothing. please help.

:)

thylals, Jun 1, 2023
  2. Ben4724 Win User

Hi! My name is Ben a fellow member here in the community and hope you are doing well!

Do you remember whether you also changed the date of birth of your account? As this might affect your settings as your account might get detected as a child account which has lots of restrictions.

Let us try to check on it as well. I'll provide the steps below on which what we can try to do on this case:

1. You will need an alternate account that will serve as a parent or admin. If you don't have one you can create at https://signup.live.com page.

2. Using the parent account sign in via https://account.microsoft.com/family page and add your Xbox email address or account as a Member/Child.

3. Accept the invitation using your Xbox account email.

4. Using the parent account, go to the https://account.microsoft.com/family page again to manage the child account.

5. Under the child account, click elipsis or 3 dots button and choose the Manage option.

There you may change the date of birth of your main account and remove any restrictions. Also using the parent account created, go to https://account.xbox.com/en-gb/Settings/Home as well under "Privacy & online safety" settings and try to disable and enable the settings again.

Once done, just restart your console and check if there are still restrictions. If the restrictions has disappeared, you may remove your account from the family group now.

I hope the above steps work for you but if not, feel free to post back here and we will try with the best of our knowledge to offer assistance.

Kind regards,

Ben
  3. Jhonkito Win User

I downloaded roblox, but when I try to open it, it doesnt open and it keeps closing. Why can't I open roblox?

Hi, Marco my name is Jhon, and will be a pleasure help you

I'm sorry to hear that problem but apparently it's nothing than we can't resolve, let's try solve your problem. Based on my experience with roblox game i can provide to you some troubleshootings:

Check for Updates:

Roblox App: Ensure you have the latest version of the Roblox app. Check for updates download the latest version from the official Roblox website

Device Updates: Make sure your operating system (Windows, macOS, iOS, or Android) is also up-to-date.

Restart:

App: Close and reopen the Roblox app.
    Device: Restart your computer or mobile device. This can often clear temporary glitches.

Reinstall Roblox:

If restarting doesn't help, uninstall and reinstall Roblox. This can fix corrupted files or installation issues.

Clear Cache:

Windows: Press Windows key + R, type %temp%, and press Enter. Delete all files in the temp folder.

macOS: Use a cleaning app like CleanMyMac or manually delete files from the ~/Library/Caches folder.

Check Internet Connection:

Ensure your internet connection is stable and working properly. Roblox requires a good internet connection to function.
    Try switching between Wi-Fi and wired connections if possible.

Disable Antivirus/Firewall:

Temporarily disable your antivirus or firewall to see if they're interfering with Roblox. If Roblox works after disabling them, add Roblox as an exception to your security software.

Run as Administrator (Windows):

Right-click the Roblox app icon and select "Run as administrator." This grants the app more permissions, which might be necessary in some cases.

Additional Tips:

Browser Version: If you're using the browser version of Roblox, try a different browser (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, etc.).

Disable Extensions: Disable any browser extensions that might be interfering with Roblox.

Compatibility Mode: If you're using an older device, try running Roblox in compatibility mode. Right click on the roblox app > properties > compatibility mode > select windows 7

I hope this helps! Don't hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or need additional clarification.
  4. melanie brown2 Win User

roblox cannot be opened

1. Apply Some Basic Fixes

Begin troubleshooting the issue by applying these basic fixes, which may stop Roblox from crashing right away:

Whitelist Roblox in Windows Defender (See how to allow apps through Windows Defender). Also, temporarily turn off third-party antivirus software.

Turn off any anti-cheat software you use, even those that aren't directly related to Roblox.

Disable other programs running in parallel with Roblox to ensure the system don't crash due to a lack of resources.

Run Roblox as administrator to give Roblox a higher priority, which can prevent the game from crashing.

2. Use the Microsoft Store App Until the Issue Is Resolved

Roblox users have reported that the error under discussion only affects those who attempt to join Roblox experiences from the web, not Roblox's Microsoft Store app. Because of this, if you have encountered a crash when joining an experience through the Roblox website, download Roblox's app from the Microsoft Store and join the experience through it.

Until the issue isn't fixed, continue using the Microsoft Store app to play Roblox experiences.

Check for Browser Interference

If virtualization wasn't already enabled, and you don't use any virtual machines, check for browser interference and ensure that's not causing the error.

To confirm this, switch to a different browser and run Roblox experiences there. If you don't get an error in another browser, it's a problem specific to your primary browser. In that case, here're a few things you can do to exclude browser interference:

Clear the cache and cookies in Chrome, Firefox, Edge, or any other browser you use.

Disable or remove all your extensions to ensure they don't interfere with the process. Refer to our guide on how to disable or permanently remove the extensions on different browsers for instructions
  5. melanie brown2 Win User

How Do You Fix This?

1. Apply Some Basic Fixes

Begin troubleshooting the issue by applying these basic fixes, which may stop Roblox from crashing right away:

Whitelist Roblox in Windows Defender (See how to allow apps through Windows Defender). Also, temporarily turn off third-party antivirus software.

Turn off any anti-cheat software you use, even those that aren't directly related to Roblox.

Disable other programs running in parallel with Roblox to ensure the system don't crash due to a lack of resources.

Run Roblox as administrator to give Roblox a higher priority, which can prevent the game from crashing

Use the Microsoft Store App Until the Issue Is Resolved

Roblox users have reported that the error under discussion only affects those who attempt to join Roblox experiences from the web, not Roblox's Microsoft Store app. Because of this, if you have encountered a crash when joining an experience through the Roblox website, download Roblox's app from the Microsoft Store and join the experience through it.

Until the issue isn't fixed, continue using the Microsoft Store app to play Roblox experiences.

Disable Virtualization From the BIOS

Virtualization allows Windows users to emulate another operating system, such as Linux. Having this feature enabled on Windows can cause the Roblox client to crash, and Roblox staff members recommend turning it off through the BIOS. Therefore, you should ensure it's disabled and disable it if necessary.

Turning off virtualization and accessing BIOS varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. Here's how you can turn off virtualization on a Dell device:

Turn off your Windows PC and then turn it back on.

Press F2 when the Dell logo appears on your screen; this will boot your device into BIOS.

Go to Advanced > Virtualization or Virtualization Support > Virtualization.

Click on Intel Virtualization Technology (VT) and uncheck the box beside Enable Intel Virtualization Technology (VT).

Click on Intel VT for Direct I/O and uncheck the box beside Enable Intel VT for Direct I/O.

Check for Browser Interference

If virtualization wasn't already enabled, and you don't use any virtual machines, check for browser interference and ensure that's not causing the error.

To confirm this, switch to a different browser and run Roblox experiences there. If you don't get an error in another browser, it's a problem specific to your primary browser. In that case, here're a few things you can do to exclude browser interference:

Clear the cache and cookies in Chrome, Firefox, Edge, or any other browser you use.

Disable or remove all your extensions to ensure they don't interfere with the process. Refer to our guide on how to disable or permanently remove the extensions on different browsers for instructions.
  6. andersonpassos Win User

Roblox Shared Content Issue

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

it could be a problem with the privacy settings.

To change the privacy settings your account must be an adult account, otherwise you will not have access.

see it in your privacy settings:

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/family-onli...

if your account is for a child, you need an adult account to link your account and manage your privacy settings

or parental control.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...
Thema:

1. roblox and other apps have shared content disabled. - Similar Threads - roblox apps shared

2. Microsoft Roblox App crash - Event Viewer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Roblox App crash - Event Viewer: Games constantly crashing. Roblox Microsoft App. Heres the event log. Whats going on?? My last post has been ignored....
  3. My Microsoft Apps are not working on my PC, and I want to download the Roblox Microsoft...

in XBoX on Windows
    My Microsoft Apps are not working on my PC, and I want to download the Roblox Microsoft...: but other Microsoft apps are working like Microsoft Edge, Settings, ETC. 0644f333-db2a-436f-9fd9-fa9a7e0a2bf8
  4. Roblox wont open in Microsoft store and also in Xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Roblox wont open in Microsoft store and also in Xbox app: Description of the problem: When I click to open it, a window appears with a white background and the roblox symbol in the middle and after a few seconds it closes. When I tried to open roblox...
  5. What if you bought the robux from the Microsoft website but you don’t have the roblox app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What if you bought the robux from the Microsoft website but you don’t have the roblox app?: I bought $4.99 - 400 robux and I thought they will give us a code but they didn’t and I don’t have the roblox app. And I want to refund it but it was declined and it got declined. I would like a...
  6. Why am I not receiving the update for roblox apps on the xbox Series S console?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I not receiving the update for roblox apps on the xbox Series S console?: With the recent update to Roblox is the rollout time delayed for the various machines it's rolling out to? My xbox series S Is not receiving the update. 52e0f9fe-06af-46a0-a74e-6ef86839b6cc
  7. Does anyone know how i can get my download details for Roblox app please?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know how i can get my download details for Roblox app please?: so the Roblox app recently updated and now its asking me to sign in, the only problem is my account was just tied to the xbox and not an email so i have no way of getting back into it so my son...
  8. ROBLOX app on Microsoft Store not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    ROBLOX app on Microsoft Store not working: Very self explanatory, the ROBLOX app from Microsoft Store on my computer does not open. And the ROBLOX Player is stuck in an install loop. I previously contacted ROBLOX Support and everything...
  9. ROBLOX app on Microsoft Store won't open

in XBoX on Consoles
    ROBLOX app on Microsoft Store won't open: When I open the ROBLOX app from Microsoft Store, it doesn't open. Same thing happens to the ROBLOX Player. I have restarted my PC, reinstalled ROBLOX and updated my graphics card....
  10. The Roblox Microsoft Store App keeps shutting down.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The Roblox Microsoft Store App keeps shutting down.: After 15 seconds of loading into a game I lose control of everything, I can't move my character, and the game just freezes up. I searched up how to fix my problem but nothing is helping. I tried...