Risk of rain- false advertising

Discus and support Risk of rain- false advertising in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Genuine question, what can I do (and what can xbox do) about a falsely advertised game? Risk of Rain (1), a game which I loved on PC and and Xbox, has... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by CraZHoneyBadger, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Risk of rain- false advertising

Genuine question, what can I do (and what can xbox do) about a falsely advertised game? Risk of Rain (1), a game which I loved on PC and and Xbox, has a massive flaw with online multiplayer. The game is advertised as a 2-4 online multiplayer game, which
    is great. A screenshot even shows SEVEN (yes seven) active players in a lobby with the character select. That being said, i would imagine that playing online is doable with multiple friends, right? Wrong. If you try to invite more than one friend to your game
    online, it says the “session is full”. Upon further investigation online, this has also occurred on the PlayStation port of the game.

This needs to be addressed immediately. While the game devs do control how the game works, xbox should be ensuring that the “2-4 online multiplayer” tag is actually true. You cannot play with 4 people online on 4 separate consoles.

I have already reported this game on the store, but is there anything further I can do? Will xbox address this issue and reach out to the devs to fix their game? What is going to happen next - because I spent money on a game which I expected to have 4 player
    online just like PC, as the tag on the game says in store, but cannot do so. Can I get compensated for my purchase, as well as my gifted copies of the game due to false advertising, so long as it is on my purchase history? Or can this issue be addressed in
    some other form?

Thank you.

P.S. - I did email the game devs but I am doubtful of any action being taken, which is why I am reaching out here.

:)

CraZHoneyBadger, Apr 27, 2020
  2. RacoonPete Win User

Better Business Bureau & False Advertisement

What is the legal definition of false advertising? Or the elements required to prove false advertising? Just so we can differentiate between that and normal advertising, which is always to some extent false and misleading.
  3. Shaggy2000 Win User

False advertising

you see, your trying to compare Skate 3 on the Xbox One and Skate 3 on the Xbox 360, they are different things.

If you want it why not buy it on the Xbox One?
  4. CalumB90 Win User

Is this not false advertising?

Of course its misleading at a glance, its done on purpose.All the info is there though, so always read the fine print.
  5. Gamingboy177 (Sam) Win User

False advertising

It's a promotion for first time Gold Members. If you're not, like M3tal has said, it could take a while to update.
  6. DigitalAssassin Win User

False advertising?

Definitely confusing, you've got me curious now as to whether they label the telltale games first episodes as a 'full game'

I personally bought the disc version of revelations to skip these shenanigans, the raid mode is really fun and finally online.
Thema:

Risk of rain- false advertising

1. Risk of rain- false advertising - Similar Threads - Risk rain false

2. Does signing in on Xbox with a vpn connection get my account at risk for ban

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does signing in on Xbox with a vpn connection get my account at risk for ban: Hello I would like to know if I sign into my Xbox account with my vpn activated could I get banned since it shows me in a different region also I have another question can I create an account with...
  3. Call of Duty games on steam are a security risk

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Call of Duty games on steam are a security risk: Hi, Since you guys own the Call of Duty IP now, I just wanted to bring attention to the RCE found in them, especially Black Ops II which had its servers taken over. MW2, MW3, Call of Duty:...
  4. Second hand consoles and the risk of being banned?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Second hand consoles and the risk of being banned?: Since I can't play 360 games on the Series X (and no one knows how to fix that), I'm looking at buying an Xbox 360. If the console is second hand, and the previous owner did some naughty things...
  5. Is there a way where I can check if a profile picture is inappropriate without the risk of...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there a way where I can check if a profile picture is inappropriate without the risk of...: I just wondering if there is a way if I can check if I upload a profile picture and check if its complies with the rules. 1af5f301-409d-4089-99c4-43360563d9e2
  6. Does playing a game i already refunded puts me in risk of getting banned?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does playing a game i already refunded puts me in risk of getting banned?: hello, i just wanted to report that i have recently refunded a game but i still can play said game and when i go to the store it clearly says i own the game, what i want to know is does playing...
  7. account locked due to unusual activity or credentials at risk.

in XBoX Accessibility
    account locked due to unusual activity or credentials at risk.: i have filled form out lots of times with all information needed including xbox live id ( which should prove its my account) bank details ( which should prove its my account) yet microsoft...
  8. High risk/impact: In some regions, certain PC Game Pass games are not installable despite...

in XboX Insiders
    High risk/impact: In some regions, certain PC Game Pass games are not installable despite...: I started investigating this when I first discovered that there is no "Install" button in Xbox App or Microsoft Store app for Pillars of Eternity 2. The Xbox page does report it as included so I...
  9. [Warning] Commit to Xbox Insider or risk losing your Current Configuration and Captures if...

in XboX Insiders
    [Warning] Commit to Xbox Insider or risk losing your Current Configuration and Captures if...: This are personal experiences, not indicative of the all Insider experiences. This post is about the actual insider program user experience- it's not about one of their patches causing something....
  10. I purchased the game Risk over 10 years ago I have a printout of all the games I purchased...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I purchased the game Risk over 10 years ago I have a printout of all the games I purchased...: I purchased the game Risk over 10 years ago I have a printout of all the games I purchased before you took the 360 games offline where you had every purchase in order and now you can't find that...