Rise of the Tomb Raider is still on sale...

Discus and support Rise of the Tomb Raider is still on sale... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; At Walmart for $34.88 (Physical copy) I bought it for $34.88 soon after the Black Friday sale and today, while looking for a X1 chatpad. It was still... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ElectroFlying, Dec 23, 2015.

1. Rise of the Tomb Raider is still on sale...

At Walmart for $34.88 (Physical copy)

I bought it for $34.88 soon after the Black Friday sale and today, while looking for a X1 chatpad. It was still marked down to $34.88

That's a good deal on a gem of a game IMPO!

Note: I have the game 99% beat but cannot find the last 2 survivor cacha's. (spelling) in Geothermal Valley. Any hints as to where they might be would be welcomed?

:)

ElectroFlying, Dec 23, 2015
  2. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest
    Rise of the Tomb Raider on Windows 10 Launch

Hey everyone! We're extremely excited for the release of Rise of the Tomb Raider on Windows 10, and we hope you are too!

To celebrate today's release, players will save 10% on their Rise of the Tomb Raider for Windows 10 purchase. In addition, players will also get the Remnant Resistance Pack for free!

For any other questions you may have regarding Rise of the Tomb Raider on Windows 10 before entering the Siberian wilderness, check out our

Rise of the Tomb Raider on Windows 10 FAQ

Mister Beep, Dec 23, 2015
  3. N7 Gh0stz
    N7 Gh0stz Guest
    What is your pick for 2015 Game Of The Year?

Lei rise of the tomb raider has a FREE demo on the store and the first tomb raider is free with gold. rise of the tomb raider wont b free for a long time

N7 Gh0stz, Dec 23, 2015
  4. Rise of the Tomb Raider is still on sale...

I think this is part of the weekly deals so I might wait till after Christmas before I jump on it, I have so many games to catch up on though, lawd.

DigitalAssassin, Dec 23, 2015
  5. RippenHarra
    RippenHarra Guest
    @electro

RippenHarra, Dec 23, 2015
  6. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest
    This game will probably be even cheaper in the near future. It didnt sell well at all. 1st of all it released the same day as Fallout 4 and secondly it was an X1 exclusive. Game never stood a chance. It'll be dirt cheap in a few months.

brandiesel1, Dec 23, 2015
  7. @ Electro, the two survivor caches you are probably missing are bound to be in the tomb Infirmary as there is a bit in there you can only access once you have the breather unlocked. Go back in and jump in the water, there is a bit you can swim to !

LadyHawk-C76E61B3-39F1-429D-A2AB-ACB895DEA03E, Dec 23, 2015
  8. Rise of the Tomb Raider is still on sale...

Just finished playing the free 30 minute trial and came away wondering what went wrong cause although i thought 'Tomb Raider Definitve Edition' was a 9.5 /10 game and I 100% completed the game, came away from this trying to work out why i didn't enjoy it.

First off the trial is almost all QTE will very little gameplay which although looks mostly stunning had me sat there pressing X every now and again. This has left me not knowing if the rest of the game is as bad as this or is there real gameplay - And if
    that is the case then the trial has made a bad impact on me and probably alot of other people as the majority of gamers don't like QTE.

Then i got to the 'swimming mechanic' in the game - I find it quite hard to believe what has gone wrong here. It just looks and feels so bad i thought it had glitched out. - It looks as if i'm floating 6 inches above the water when not submersed, then when
    i went underwater it amost felt on rails with either below water or above water and i'm already bored of using a pick axe to hack through walls to let water enter a tomb.

This is a game which is very much looking like style over substance, i don't want to be typing this but i'm just giving honest first impressions.

I thought i was gonna be blown away by this game apart from the microtransactions, but can't understand what went wrong - is it just the trial that is so bad or does it get better ?

johnnydigsgirls, Dec 23, 2015
  9. Tzar of kaos
    Tzar of kaos Guest
    One. of the. best. Xbox one game....Best Tomb. Raider. ever. made.

Tzar of kaos, Dec 23, 2015
  10. vikingland1
    vikingland1 Guest
    @ johnnydigsgirls

It's an awesome game really it must be the demo. What about micro transactions? the game can be played to completion with out spending a dime.

It's a fantastic game that Xbox owners should support but don't and this is why we can't have anything nice. My opinion of course.

vikingland1, Dec 24, 2015
  11. DWoodbine
    DWoodbine Guest
    I'm playing the full game and haven't even noticed it had microtransactions, so that tells you either I'm not very observant or it's not stuffed in your face. Can't say I've had many QTE either and I'm halfway through the game.

I must admit I liked Tomb Raider (2013) a little bit better, but they haven't changed anything from the last game and it's enjoyable.

DWoodbine, Dec 24, 2015
  12. @ vikingland1

I'm still scratching my head trying to work out why i didn't get any sort of buzz off the game - the only thing i can think off is that i'm playing Witcher 3 at the moment on Xbox One and i'm totally blown away at how incredible the game really is, and maybe
    TR it's just being overshadowed by it.

However i still stand by my comments of the swimming mechanic is not working for me and i still don't know if there is any actual game in there or is it just lots of QTE with a bit of genuine gameplay thrown in or is the first 30 mins of the game a QTE showcase
    leading into a proper game.

Having a trial like that leaves me feeling it's not worth the gamble and should have included proper gameplay - if there is any.

Regarding Microtransactions, i drew a line in the sand and told myself i would never buy another game that includes them due to the fact that games companies just keep pushing and finding ways to hold back content and charge more and unless we as paying
    customers don't do something about it, then they will just keep pushing and finding new ways to get money out of us and i've had enough.

I'll say it again, The Witcher 3 is a prime example of how it should be and i think people appreciate that and are showing their gratitude, and i for one will be buying the expansion packs to show my appreciation of a true masterpiece without all the BS
    and these are genuine addons which are still in production, not something on the disc that was pulled from the game that is just unlocked with a 2mb download.

Just my opinion, anyway have a great Xmas Rise of the Tomb Raider is still on sale... :)

johnnydigsgirls, Dec 24, 2015
  13. vikingland1
    vikingland1 Guest

The Witcher 3 is in a league of it's own I loved that game. But TR is good too, for an action game.

vikingland1, Dec 24, 2015
  14. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest
    I agree that The Witcher 3 is in a league of its own.

brandiesel1, Dec 24, 2015
  15. Finally 100% completion and with over 200K credits that I wont be using. (Credits buy this and with your hard earned cash buy that. No thank!)

What I did was print out a map of Geothermal Valley (Public Libraries are great. Only 25 cents per page) and in Infirmary you walk into the water (Both L and R) to where it's deep enough to dive, swim through the arches and found my 2 missing cache's in
    there.

Now, I'll save up a few more bucks,, buy myself a gift card. And around March I think I'll have enough to purchase the Season pass for ROTTR.. Until then, it's back to the 360 to try and complete the many, many games I aquired for it and have yet to play.

ElectroFlying, Dec 24, 2015
Thema:

1. Rise of the Tomb Raider is still on sale... - Similar Threads - Rise Tomb Raider

2. Xbox x Rise of the tomb raider

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox x Rise of the tomb raider: I have received my new XBOX X and have have Rise of Tomb Raider , got the scene where Laura meets her mother in London, then it the screen goes white and l cannot continue the game . The game is...
  3. Rise of the tomb raider crashes mid-game on xbox series x. Progress lost.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Rise of the tomb raider crashes mid-game on xbox series x. Progress lost.: I was playing rise of the tomb raider on my Xbox series x. I was leaving the area after I collected the atlas and my game suddenly froze and then crashed. I reopened the game and when I looked at...
  4. I cant download rise of the tomb raider how can I ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant download rise of the tomb raider how can I ?: I have a disc for Xbox one the consle I’m on and it doesn’t give me the option to download it. I went to the store and went to the game But it is not sold separately and doesn’t give me the option...
  5. I cant start Rise of the Tomb Raider and Shadow of the Tomb Raider

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant start Rise of the Tomb Raider and Shadow of the Tomb Raider: A month or two ago I bought Tomb Raider: Definitive Survivor Trilogy and started playing the first one, Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition. I didn't open the other two games until I finished the...
  6. Bug de conquistas no Rise of the Tomb Raider

in XboX Insiders
    Bug de conquistas no Rise of the Tomb Raider: Mais alguém teve ou está com problema nas conquistas desse jogo? Eu fiz os requisitos necessários de 5 conquistas e todas elas bugaram e não desbloquearam (inclusive até repeti o processo para...
  7. Rise of the Tomb Raider on Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Rise of the Tomb Raider on Series X: Hello. I've reached out to Square Enix for this problem (But they politely told me to talk to Xbox support because it's an "Xbox Live issue") - On Xbox Series S console, Rise of the Tomb Raider...
  8. No achievements, Rise of the Tomb Raider

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No achievements, Rise of the Tomb Raider: Dear Community, my last inquiry on this topic was closed with an answer that did not help me...
  9. Can I change the in-game language of Tomb Raider (Rise of the Tomb Raider)?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I change the in-game language of Tomb Raider (Rise of the Tomb Raider)?: I'm considering purchasing an Xbox Series S console but have a question about the language settings. I understand that a user can change the console's language settings, but can I change the...
  10. Temporary Freezing Issues in Rise of the Tomb Raider on Xbox One X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Temporary Freezing Issues in Rise of the Tomb Raider on Xbox One X: Hello everyone, This past summer I picked up Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration from the Microsoft Store on my Xbox One X. The game is fantastic and I thoroughly enjoyed my first...