Ripped off by Microsoft, false advertising?

Discus and support Ripped off by Microsoft, false advertising? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I spent a big chunk of money and traded in my muched loved xbox 360 to get the latest xbox one all in one super duper home hub entertainment media... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KingG 1983, Jan 2, 2014.

1. KingG 1983
    KingG 1983 Guest

I spent a big chunk of money and traded in my muched loved xbox 360 to get the latest xbox one all in one super duper home hub entertainment media centre. Phhhhh I bought into the biggest lie ever, the more I use my xbox one the less I like it. I previously
    posted about USB external media and how it's not possible (as informed by Microsoft) used to love playing racing games listening to my own music. I don't understand the inaccessible hard drive and inability to view space, ??? Am I supposed to delete and reinstall
    games when my memory is full??? But the most annoying thing for me is how I feel cheated by Microsoft, I was sold an all in one console, never need to use anything else...... HOWEVER..... My Panasonic smart tv with built in HD free view cannot be controlled
    by the xbox one, the tv is recognised but hdmi output does not allow the freeview to be viewed at all!! I will hang on for the next software update and if it's not improved any of these major design flaws the my new shiny useless xbox one will be up for sale
    to hopefully recoup some of the money ripped from me by Microsoft.

:)

KingG 1983, Jan 2, 2014
  2. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    Ripped off by Xbox

You don't know how banks work t

Do you?

Check commerce.microsoft.com

If the transaction is there then your fine you just need to WAIT for your bank to handle the transactions

Depending on where you are in the world that could.be 10 business days or 30days after ms sends the transaction to your bank

This is because of your bank

International transactions are handled differently

Even local transactions are done in batches not individual transactions

So if it takes your bank till the end of the month to proccess all transactions for the month you have to wait till they proccess it

ngocphi, Jan 2, 2014
  3. Fullbull3t
    Fullbull3t Guest
    Ripped off by Xbox

First of all, I was charged twice for the subscription ~ once on April 1, and then again on April 18. I contacted Xbox to correct the problem and they assured me that I would receive a refund. Since then I have spoken to them two more times and have gotten
    the same response "It will be there within 5 business days". Well, it has been more than 10 days and I STILL have not rec'd a credit on my card! I feel that I have been lied to and that Xbox has simply ripped me off!!

Fullbull3t, Jan 2, 2014
  4. Ripped off by Microsoft, false advertising?

External storage for games is coming and we can only hope that perhaps that will allow music import and other similar features too.

In regard to deleting games, you can find the game in "My Games and Apps" and then press the menu button (the start button's replacement) and there will be an option to uninstall. You're not alone in hoping for an update that gives us full HDD access but
    we can only hope for future updates.

You need to remember that this is a new console and was probably rushed out to meet the Christmas demand, leaving things behind. As time goes on, updates will be released and the console will expand in to something incredible. Unfortunately, although not
    confirmed, I can bet my months wages that cassette playback won't be added due to the dominance of CD and MP3.

Dynamic Sausage, Jan 2, 2014
  5. Eggnogga
    Eggnogga Guest
    MS has already stated that HDD management will be patched in in early 2014.

Eggnogga, Jan 2, 2014
  6. zombie stev3
    zombie stev3 Guest
    If you think ms lied then good luck with sony lol

zombie stev3, Jan 2, 2014
  7. echto360
    echto360 Guest
  8. Ripped off by Microsoft, false advertising?

[quote user="zombie stev3"]

If you think ms lied then good luck with sony lol

[/quote]

Thank you!

x0 ChetManly 0x, Jan 2, 2014
  9. WillSmithVXR
    WillSmithVXR Guest
    [quote user="KingG 1983"]HOWEVER..... My Panasonic smart tv with built in HD free view cannot be controlled by the xbox one, the tv is recognised but hdmi output does not allow the freeview to be viewed at all!![/quote]

How is the Xbox One ever going to control a TV with a built in tuner?

WillSmithVXR, Jan 2, 2014
  10. CAMARO Xlll
    CAMARO Xlll Guest
    Every single item you listed was never advertised as a feature of the console. So you are basically saying that the things that weren't advertised don't work. How did you expect any of them to when it was not an advertised feature? Sounds like someone should
    have done more research.

CAMARO Xlll, Jan 2, 2014
  11. Azrael008uk
    Azrael008uk Guest
    Azrael008uk, Jan 2, 2014
  12. Love my Xbox One it is the best console I have got along side my 360

IAmProjectAlice, Jan 2, 2014
  13. x24hrs2livex
    x24hrs2livex Guest

x24hrs2livex, Jan 2, 2014
  14. BearCu6
    BearCu6 Guest
    Some people just have to whine. I'm perfectly happy with my One.

I also don't understand all the whining about the HDD, memory management and no compatibility with external Hard Drives. Even with all the games out, one can't fill up the existing 500 GB HDD.

BearCu6, Jan 2, 2014
  15. steambox is a more powerful PS4 with a better OS. MS might not have the power of a steambox, but it offers a lot more

Upinya Slayin, Jan 2, 2014
Thema:

1. Ripped off by Microsoft, false advertising? - Similar Threads - Ripped off Microsoft

2. A complete rip off Paid for Minecraft and now it says play trial

in XBoX on Windows
    A complete rip off Paid for Minecraft and now it says play trial: we tried to switch accounts, migrate, we tried everything. You took our money t hree times, and it still doesn't work. So $30 some dollars three times, because we have to migrate!! I want my...
  3. Rip off

in XBoX Accessibility
    Rip off: Dont buy microsoft complete rup off money grabbing c+++s its 2021 and you still need to buy batteries really they just want you to buy charging docks so they can earn an extra £30-40 pounds on a...
  4. Xbox live rip off

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox live rip off: I recenly bought minecraft and sent it as a digital gift to a family member in Indonesia. After they got the redeem code it gave them a confirmation that its recived and then said “game...
  5. You guys trying to rip me off???

in XBoX Games and Apps
    You guys trying to rip me off???: I purchased Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 along with the Season Pass for my Xbox One S. I launched the game and got the error saying I don't own the game! I checked the store and sure as **** it says...
  6. Hitman 2 Rip off

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hitman 2 Rip off: I posted 2 days ago and now it's gone. 2 nights ago I was playing a contract from Hawke's Bay when the game froze and the screen went black. I pressed buttons checked the connections and ha no...
  7. Live Gold rip off during Chineses Virus

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Live Gold rip off during Chineses Virus: Why cant i buy 12 months Gold? i only see one and three months. one and thrre month passes are rip offs seems like your taking advamtage of people duting the chinese virus?...
  8. Game pass rip off

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Game pass rip off: I think it's stupid that I can't play my games unless I have Xbox live with covid I can't afford it and now my subscription ran out I can't play? On games I've already spent 60 dollars on? That's...
  9. Will Microsoft Rip me off?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will Microsoft Rip me off?: I own an Elite 2 controller for LESS than 6 weeks. I already sent it in under Warranty b/c it had about 4-5 things wrong with it. Which for over $200 is Sad..smh. Anyway, MY QUESTION,... Is...
  10. Sorry Microsoft but you appear to be rip off merchants

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sorry Microsoft but you appear to be rip off merchants: I purchased two x box one consoles, for grandchildren, 27/09/15 and one has just stopped working and apparently thrown up error codes regarding updates. It seems that it is a common problem at...