right hand gaming with xbox controller. How to set up?

Discus and support right hand gaming with xbox controller. How to set up? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I am a left-arm amputee and would dearly love to play Forza 6 with an xbox adaptive controller. I have been told that it would be possible with an... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by bandit_799, Sep 13, 2021.

1. bandit_799
    bandit_799 Guest

Hi,

I am a left-arm amputee and would dearly love to play Forza 6 with an xbox adaptive controller. I have been told that it would be possible with an adapted xbox controller and the a and b buttons of the adaptive controller for brakes and gas. I have watched countless youtube videos, spoken to xbox representatives from, Morroco, Egypt and the Phillipines yet after 6 weeks I am none the wiser. I am 63 years old and a technophobe. I speak three languages non of which include technospeak. I find it difficult to understand why I can't just be given simple step by step instructions in order to set things up. I think I understand profiles and how to set them up but when it comes to key mapping or deciding whether something should be primary/ secondary/shift/ invert x and y axis etc.. I haven't got a clue.

I have an xbox controller, adaptive controller, Logic3 joystick, a Zelotes vertical mouse game contoller and a normal 'chaos' game controller yet I don't know a combination of all or any of these that might work together.

I have software on mini disks for the joystick and vertical mouse but fear trying to insert them into my xbox one S console as I might lose or jam them with no cd tray. Is that necessary or might I transfer the data to a normal size cd first?

I am very frustrated. I lost my arm in a motorcycle accident and miss feeling in control of some vehicle or other. I had hoped I would solve this problem by buying an xbox yet I am writing this instead.

I would be extremely grateful if someone could enlighten me.

Thankyou

Gary

:)

bandit_799, Sep 13, 2021
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

right hand gaming with Xbox controller. How to set up? [ How to set-up Xbox controller with Xbox Adaptive Controller for Right-handed Gaming?]

I can help you as I’ve done it

Logitech has a set of adaptive buttons for the cntroller that should help you quite a bit. It includes, among other things analog switches you can use in place of triggers. So for example you could put them under your hand to work the brakes.

Controls for a person with for working ones are often a very personal thing. Outside of that, I would suggest buying that button pack, and just playing with it, it’ll probably take you four or five hours of just playing with different configurations to find out what works for you. I’m happy to give you input as much as I can, I got my friend who only has one working hand and nothing else playing Forza Horizon 4, so I hope I can do the same for you

https://www.logitechg.com/en-us/products/gamepads/adaptive-gaming-kit-accessories.html
  3. XBF-JoannaDark Win User

right hand gaming with Xbox controller. How to set up? [ How to set-up Xbox controller with Xbox Adaptive Controller for Right-handed Gaming?]

Hello Gary,

It was my pleasure to provide as much info as I could. I hope the resources SwordofWhedon and I provided help you get back to gaming and enjoy some Forza Motorsport 6. Please do not hesitate to reach out, and we will do our best to make sure we get you to the right solution and provide you the best resources we can. Have a wonderful day and happy gaming.
  4. bandit_799 Win User

Hi SwordofWhedon?

Thank you for sending such a swift and useful reply. I appreciate your time your views and the link.

Thanks again,

Bandit.
  5. bandit_799 Win User

Hi Joanna?,

Just received your mail. Thank you for giving me such a detailed reply.

I am sure when I get a few minutes free they will be invaluable, although be sure I will contact you if I run into any problems.

Thanks again

Gary aka bandit etc
  6. XBF-JoannaDark Win User

Hi Bandit_799,

Thanks for reaching out to the Xbox forums! I am sorry to hear that you are struggling with setting up your adaptive controller to play Forza 6. I will do my best to provide you with some resources and solutions to help resolve this issue. So, I will do my best to explain some of the things you mentioned and break them down as easily as I can.

• Profiles: Think of these like different user names on your PC. you can create multiple ones for games. For example, you can have a Forza 6 profile with all the button configurations you make for that game. Then you can have a Halo profile that is specific to shooting games.
    • Primary vs. Secondary: This means which controller you will designate as the main one you will be using. With the Adaptive controller, that will always be the primary, and any additional things you plug into it are your secondary devices.
    • Invert X/Y: This means that when you press one of the analog sticks when you are controller the camera, if you invert Y when you press the joystick up, it will look down; when you press down, it will lookup. X inverted means that when you press left, the camera or movement of the car will go right, and when you push right, the car goes left. I hope this part made sense.
    Below are some links to resources on how to set up the adaptive controller.

in the Xbox Accessories app, choose the Adaptive controller and create a profile named "Forza6."

Then make sure you select Swap sticks, and you can change the left analog stick on the controller to the right analog for right-hand gaming.

What external devices work with the Xbox Adaptive Controller?

In This link, scroll down to "Looking for setup suggestions?" and here are some resources and groups that can help you get started, which we partner with and can help with setup as well. I recommend starting with The Able Gamers Charity.

I hope these suggestions help! If this answers your question, please mark the thread as "Answered." If they did not help, please let me know, and I will continue to assist and see what other solutions I can provide to resolve your problem. Have a wonderful day
Thema:

1. right hand gaming with xbox controller. How to set up? - Similar Threads - right hand gaming

2. Starfield loads to black screen. With a dim slowly rotating circle,lower right hand .

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield loads to black screen. With a dim slowly rotating circle,lower right hand .: Starfield loads to black screen.dim rotating circle lower right. Restarted 3 times 5209d5cd-0791-431f-a89a-a5b2347f81a1
  3. How do you invert axis Y for the right hand stick on the elite controller series 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you invert axis Y for the right hand stick on the elite controller series 2: How do you invert axis Y for the right hand stick on the elite controller series 2? 6f9ac78c-a940-43cb-ab48-d7eec8f75f87
  4. MSFS2020 XBox X: login stuck on splash screen. Bottom right hand side circle rotating but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    MSFS2020 XBox X: login stuck on splash screen. Bottom right hand side circle rotating but...: MSFS2020 XBox X: login stuck on splash screen. Bottom right hand side circle rotating but taking a very long time. Any ideas? Was all OK 12 hours ago, but not now....
  5. joystick for right hand adaptive contoller

in XBoX Accessibility
    joystick for right hand adaptive contoller: need joystick for sports games madden 2k22 etc with adaptive controller my right hand is not able to hold xbox joystick and press buttons a4ccd7ca-892b-4834-bd7b-7cde55288295
  6. joystick for right hand adaptive contoller

in XBoX Accessibility
    joystick for right hand adaptive contoller: need joystick for sports games madden 2k22 etc with adaptive controller my right hand is not able to hold xbox joystick and press buttons a4ccd7ca-892b-4834-bd7b-7cde55288295
  7. Flight simulator 2020 :target gets inlaid at the right hand of the screen

in XBoX on Windows
    Flight simulator 2020 :target gets inlaid at the right hand of the screen: Helo, Question already asked in french remainig without any answer : a kink of target gets inlaid at the right hand of the screen. Can somebody help us (3 persons)? Thanks...
  8. Mute icon in top right hand corner

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mute icon in top right hand corner: Hi When we switch on our Xbox we have an icon up in the top right hand corner of a microphone with a line going through it, as if muted. It appeared a few days ago. When we plug our headset into...
  9. Armstrong Cable: Can’t get microphone in right hand corner by battery is on mute andcan’t ...

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Armstrong Cable: Can’t get microphone in right hand corner by battery is on mute andcan’t ...: Armstrong Cable (ISPs): Can’t get microphone in right hand corner by battery is on mute andcan’t change for headsets to work Check this link for a possible solution: Xbox One Mic Not Working |...
  10. Store/Mixer/Right hand home boxes not loading.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Store/Mixer/Right hand home boxes not loading.: So for the past few days I've been unable to load the store, view the mixer tab, or download games I've purchased on xbox.com. Every time I turn on my xbox I see this on the home screen: [img]...