Right analog stick stopped working mid game

Discus and support Right analog stick stopped working mid game in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So, I’m not sure what happened. The Right thimb stick was working just fone one second then not at all the next. The first thing I did was the button... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Byron Hong, Dec 2, 2022.

1. Byron Hong
    Byron Hong Guest

So, I’m not sure what happened. The Right thimb stick was working just fone one second then not at all the next.

The first thing I did was the button test, the sticks works just fine. The test showed it being pushed down and moving, but as soon as I exit the test it doenst work.

I also tried turning off the magnifier (it was NOT on before the issue). I turned it on, right stick worked, turned it back off and the stick went back to not working. I have tried power restarting my console unplugging it for a a long time plugging it back in and resyncing my controller and it still doesn't work. This applies to all my controllers including wired and wireless controllers. They are all also updated with fresh batteries.

I’ve looked at all my settings, I checked the settings of the game I was playing when it stopped working and nothing. What the heck? How do I fix this?

:)

Byron Hong, Dec 2, 2022
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello Byron Hong,

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today, and we hope that all is well. I can see that you are having issues with your controller analog stick. Let me see how I can assist you with this concern.

So far, from the details you provided, you can try the following steps and let us know the result. You can just skip those you have done already.

My Xbox controller has connection issues after the last update

My Xbox controller has connection issues after the last update | Xbox Support

Troubleshoot your Xbox Wireless Controller

Troubleshoot your Xbox Wireless Controller | Xbox Support

If all troubleshooting steps are applied and still getting the same issue, you may Request an Xbox controller replacement by clicking the link: Request an Xbox controller replacement | Xbox Support or you can request for callback from live support: Contact us | Xbox Support

Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
  4. eli shaddon Win User

right analog stick not working.

It's a controller problem most likely I suggest first getting a brand new control cord ment for Xbox and Opening up your controller and seeing if the wiring is intact or if it's come loose
  5. XBF Brad A Win User

Right analogue stick (NOT CONTROLLER DRIFT)

Hi Tbxd,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums. We understand you are having issue with right analog stick. Does the analog stick work in a game or anything going right? If it does try updating the controller. If it doesn't may want to think on a repair if new, or
    replacement if older controller.

Thanks,

Brad
  6. Boethius(2) Win User

Controllers Right analog stick stops working randomly. Stops and Starts.

You buy OEM then they'll do a rapid fire modification for you without having to worry about replacement parts or variation in case sizes.
Thema:

1. Right analog stick stopped working mid game - Similar Threads - Right analog stick

2. My elite series 2 controller disconnects whenever I press the right analog stick

in XBoX on Consoles
    My elite series 2 controller disconnects whenever I press the right analog stick: Hello I have recently purchased an Elite series 2 controller. I have had a elite series 2 in the pass and I have the same problem. Whenever I simply press down on the right anolag stick it just...
  3. My Xbox series elite 2 turns off when I press the right analog stick and it's not a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series elite 2 turns off when I press the right analog stick and it's not a...: The controller just turns off when RS is pressed and refuses to turn back on until plugged in. I just bought it and it's the second one to do this. I exchanged the 2nd one....
  4. right analog stick not working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    right analog stick not working.: saturday morning i was playing warzone.. everything was working perfectly. 9onfe i got home from work that night. my right analog stick on my wired controller was not responding, in the game AND...
  5. Why pressing LT switches my left and right analog sticks

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why pressing LT switches my left and right analog sticks: In mw2 & now mw3 pressing LT switches my left analog to aim and right analog to move. When I release it it switches back to normal. Seems to only happen with MW2 & MW3 games. All other FPS works...
  6. Why is my right analog stick not working on Xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is my right analog stick not working on Xbox: Why has my right xbox analogue stick stopped working but shows up as working when I go to test it.It’s not a controller problem because I have 2 controllers and they both worked flawlessly on the...
  7. my controller keeps looking up its the right analog stick, in every game and when i text,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my controller keeps looking up its the right analog stick, in every game and when i text,...: controller keeps looking at the roof, do i reset my xbox, buy the hard wire( by pushing three bottoms on the front of the xbox), or in dashboard, i tried to reset my controller still nothing, it...
  8. The right stick on my Xbox 360 wireless moves around from left while I don't move the analog

in XBoX on Consoles
    The right stick on my Xbox 360 wireless moves around from left while I don't move the analog: The right stick was working fine yesterday, but when I turn on the console and play the game, the stick moves around from left. Does anyone know what caused this? Thank you Best Wishes -Sajad...
  9. My Xbox controller's left analog stick is unresponsive in only the right direction.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller's left analog stick is unresponsive in only the right direction.: I've had this controller (Which is a PDP model that is listed as being officially licensed by Xbox) for about six months now. Very suddenly it has begun to experience an issue where the left...
  10. I have a wired Xbox one controller and somehow the right analog stick broke last night.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a wired Xbox one controller and somehow the right analog stick broke last night.: When I'm on the controller configuration or whatever it is in the setting it's not reading the input when I move the analog stick to the left, so again, right analog stick not reading the left...