RIG 700 mic doesn't work in game chat. Xbox x series

Discus and support RIG 700 mic doesn't work in game chat. Xbox x series in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; No matter what I try, the only way to communicate in game with this headset is to join a party with friends. Regular in game chat no longer works. It... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by KirkPerez, May 12, 2022.

1. KirkPerez
    KirkPerez Guest

No matter what I try, the only way to communicate in game with this headset is to join a party with friends. Regular in game chat no longer works. It used to. No matter how reboots...resets...change settings...hard restarts...nothing.

:)

KirkPerez, May 12, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi KirkPerez, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Check that your privacy settings allow communication with everyone. Press the Xbox button to open the guide and select Profile & system > Settings > Account > Privacy & online safety > Xbox Live privacy. Select View details & customize > Communication & multiplayer, and then make your changes.

If everything is on "Allow" or set to "Everyone" kindly block all of them then power cycle your console and "Allow" and set it to "Everyone" again. This is to refresh your account setting.

​​​

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​
  3. Dustin Dupont Win User

Rig 700

Thank you I'll try these when I get home tonight
  4. CarTzy Win User

Rig 700

Hello Dustin Dupont,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

If you are using a RIG 700 Headset and have purchased the Dolby Atmos trial for your Xbox Series X, but you are unable to communicate with other players, you may need to check your privacy settings and your headset firmware. To fix this, you can try the following steps:

- Press the Xbox button to open the guide and select Profile & system > Settings > Account > Privacy & online safety > Xbox Live privacy.

Manage Xbox online safety and privacy settings | Xbox Support

- Select View details & customize > Communication & multiplayer, and then make sure that your settings allow communication with everyone.

- If everything is on "Allow" or set to "Everyone", block all of them then power cycle your console and "Allow" and set it to "Everyone" again. This is to refresh your account setting.

- To power cycle your console, turn it off by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. Then turn it back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the controller.

- You can also check if your headset firmware is up to date by downloading the RIG app from the Microsoft Store and following the instructions on the screen.

Also see: Dolby Vision on Xbox | Xbox Support & Windows Sonic, Dolby Atmos, and DTS Headphone:X headset settings on Xbox | Xbox Support

If these steps do not work, you may need to contact RIG support or Xbox support for further assistance. We hope this helps you enjoy your gaming experience with Dolby Atmos and RIG 700 Headset.
  5. CarTzy Win User

Rig 700

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  6. CarTzy Win User

Rig 700

Hello Dustin Dupont,

Were you able to perform the troubleshooting? How was it?
Thema:

1. RIG 700 mic doesn't work in game chat. Xbox x series - Similar Threads - RIG 700 mic

2. Rig 300 Pro hx microphone not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Rig 300 Pro hx microphone not working: I have just purchased these headphones. When I play on xbox my friends can't hear me through the microphone? 314a7cff-b0e3-45ba-a19d-fe9587b5357e
  3. RIG 700 PRO HX Wireless Headset mic is not picking up my voice as loud as it should be.

in XBoX on Consoles
    RIG 700 PRO HX Wireless Headset mic is not picking up my voice as loud as it should be.: My RIG 700 PRO HX Wireless Headset mic Was working completely fine when I first got it but then I stoped playing for a week and so I didn't use the headset and now I'm back and now the mic works...
  4. How do I get my mic to work for the rig 700x wireless headset

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I get my mic to work for the rig 700x wireless headset: Rig 700x wireless headset mic not working 858e7224-a233-441b-908e-8e9a7c764a4d
  5. My Rig 300 hc Dolby Atmos headset mic is picking my voice very softly. Please help.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Rig 300 hc Dolby Atmos headset mic is picking my voice very softly. Please help.: The rig 300 hc headset mic is barely picking up my voice. Please help 36db2845-0636-4bd2-8613-ff9d00c4b1b4
  6. how do i cancel the dolby access 2 year free trial that came with my rig headset?

in XBoX on Windows
    how do i cancel the dolby access 2 year free trial that came with my rig headset?: i tried doing it through dolby access on my xbox but that did not work. i tried through xbox settings but i could not find anything either. 1efed17f-0a26-486c-8265-d55223941790
  7. MY RIG 800LX will not work on my Xbox X

in XBoX on Consoles
    MY RIG 800LX will not work on my Xbox X: MY RIG 800LX will not work on my Xbox X 36b8dc74-eec2-45b1-8210-6810f17f77c1
  8. Need help with rig 800 hx xbox headset

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need help with rig 800 hx xbox headset: A friend of mine is having trouble with her rig 800 hx for xbox and we have looked on the internet for some answers and there is nothing on here about her problem, everytime she logs into multiple...
  9. Rig 700

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Rig 700: I get it to trial ran out so I purchased the trial for dolby atomic for my Xbox x I've tried everything is there something I'm overlooking on my Xbox x series that I can hear everybody I just...
  10. Rig 700 hx headset mic isn't working on my Xbox. It only works in party chat. Please help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Rig 700 hx headset mic isn't working on my Xbox. It only works in party chat. Please help: My headset mic only works in party chat not regular play. Please help me! a200172f-86d1-4061-a4e4-a408239aeb58