Rig 700 hx headset mic isn't working on my Xbox. It only works in party chat. Please help

Discus and support Rig 700 hx headset mic isn't working on my Xbox. It only works in party chat. Please help in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My headset mic only works in party chat not regular play. Please help me! a200172f-86d1-4061-a4e4-a408239aeb58 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BECKY HARRIS, Feb 19, 2023.

1. BECKY HARRIS
    BECKY HARRIS Guest

Rig 700 hx headset mic isn't working on my Xbox. It only works in party chat. Please help

My headset mic only works in party chat not regular play. Please help me!

:)

BECKY HARRIS, Feb 19, 2023
  2. iTsFx Win User

It sounds like there may be a setting on your Xbox that is preventing your microphone from working outside of party chat. Here are some things you can try:

Check your audio settings: Go to Settings > General > Volume & audio output and make sure that the "Headset mic" option is turned on.

Adjust the chat mixer: Go to Settings > General > Volume & audio output and adjust the "Chat mixer" slider to favor game audio. This may help if your microphone is being drowned out by game audio.

Check your privacy settings: Go to Settings > Privacy & online safety > Xbox privacy and make sure that "Communicate with voice and text" is set to "Everybody."

Try a hard reset: Power down your Xbox completely, unplug it from the wall for about 30 seconds, then plug it back in and turn it on. This may help reset any settings that may be causing issues.

If none of these steps work, it's possible that there may be an issue with your headset. You may want to try using a different headset or contacting the manufacturer for support.
  3. Arrowen Win User

Microphone problems with Xbox One Party

I'm actually having the same problem since the update. Party chat, both in game (Neverwinter) and Xbox's Party Chat app, disconnect my mic on my headset. The headset and mic both work in party chat before someone joins but as soon as someone connects with
    me they hear me for only a second and then it disconnects my mic. It's not muted. It works fine in Skype. I've tried partying with different users. I've tried updating the controller and headset adapter but no updates available. I've tried different controllers.
    I've tried different headsets as well and the only headset that will work is the crappy one that came with the Xbox. I've hard reset the console. I've gone into every setting imaginable and still no go. Any help would be immensely appreciated.
  4. Arrowen Win User

Turtle Beach headset issue in Party Chat

I'm actually having the same problem since the update. Party chat, both in game (Neverwinter) and Xbox's Party Chat app, disconnects the mic on my headset. The headset and mic both work in party chat before someone joins but as soon as someone connects with
    me they hear me for only a second and then it disconnects my mic. I've hosted the party, I've had others host the party, makes no difference. It's not muted. It works fine in Skype. I've tried partying with different users. I've tried updating the controller
    and headset adapter but no updates available. I've tried different controllers. I've tried different headsets as well and the only headset that will work is the crappy one that came with the Xbox. I've hard reset the console. I've booted it up with headset
    already plugged in then signed in w/controller (instead of kinect) then loaded into my game and still same issue. I've gone into every setting imaginable and still no go. Any help would be immensely appreciated.
  5. DRAGONSKULL273 Win User

Controller update broke all headset functionality on day one controller

i have this exact same issue with my day on controller like the game in headset volume stuff works but mic isn't responding at all for people to hear me talk in game chat or party chat yet if i go to skype the mic works just fine.
  6. DmitryAlexeevi4 Win User

Who has the best completly wireless headset for the console?

I'm using RIG 400 HX and i'm in love with this headset. Maybe in near future I'll buy RIG 800 LX
Thema:

1. Rig 700 hx headset mic isn't working on my Xbox. It only works in party chat. Please help - Similar Threads - Rig 700 headset

2. Rig 300 Pro hx microphone not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Rig 300 Pro hx microphone not working: I have just purchased these headphones. When I play on xbox my friends can't hear me through the microphone? 314a7cff-b0e3-45ba-a19d-fe9587b5357e
  3. RIG 700 PRO HX Wireless Headset mic is not picking up my voice as loud as it should be.

in XBoX on Consoles
    RIG 700 PRO HX Wireless Headset mic is not picking up my voice as loud as it should be.: My RIG 700 PRO HX Wireless Headset mic Was working completely fine when I first got it but then I stoped playing for a week and so I didn't use the headset and now I'm back and now the mic works...
  4. How do I get my mic to work for the rig 700x wireless headset

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I get my mic to work for the rig 700x wireless headset: Rig 700x wireless headset mic not working 858e7224-a233-441b-908e-8e9a7c764a4d
  5. My Rig 300 hc Dolby Atmos headset mic is picking my voice very softly. Please help.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Rig 300 hc Dolby Atmos headset mic is picking my voice very softly. Please help.: The rig 300 hc headset mic is barely picking up my voice. Please help 36db2845-0636-4bd2-8613-ff9d00c4b1b4
  6. how do i cancel the dolby access 2 year free trial that came with my rig headset?

in XBoX on Windows
    how do i cancel the dolby access 2 year free trial that came with my rig headset?: i tried doing it through dolby access on my xbox but that did not work. i tried through xbox settings but i could not find anything either. 1efed17f-0a26-486c-8265-d55223941790
  7. MY RIG 800LX will not work on my Xbox X

in XBoX on Consoles
    MY RIG 800LX will not work on my Xbox X: MY RIG 800LX will not work on my Xbox X 36b8dc74-eec2-45b1-8210-6810f17f77c1
  8. Need help with rig 800 hx xbox headset

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need help with rig 800 hx xbox headset: A friend of mine is having trouble with her rig 800 hx for xbox and we have looked on the internet for some answers and there is nothing on here about her problem, everytime she logs into multiple...
  9. Rig 700

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Rig 700: I get it to trial ran out so I purchased the trial for dolby atomic for my Xbox x I've tried everything is there something I'm overlooking on my Xbox x series that I can hear everybody I just...
  10. RIG 700 mic doesn't work in game chat. Xbox x series

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    RIG 700 mic doesn't work in game chat. Xbox x series: No matter what I try, the only way to communicate in game with this headset is to join a party with friends. Regular in game chat no longer works. It used to. No matter how...