Ridiculous costs for repair. Xbox WiFi hardware problem

Discus and support Ridiculous costs for repair. Xbox WiFi hardware problem in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; A few weeks ago i contacted xbox support, My xbox could no longer connect to WiFi or ethernet. The xbox gave a: "wifi hardware not working. this xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TheN1ckname, Oct 24, 2017.

1. TheN1ckname
    TheN1ckname Guest

A few weeks ago i contacted xbox support, My xbox could no longer connect to WiFi or ethernet. The xbox gave a: "wifi hardware not working. this xbox needs to be sent in." message.

I contacted xbox support and since my xbox was out of warranty, they told me I had to pay 130-150 euro upfront to get it repaired. I didn't agree to this. Then I went online and bought a replacement WiFi module this costs me 12.98 euro's. Today i received
    the part and put it in. My xbox is working fine right now.

Its kinda bizarre that xbox support want to charge > 130 euros for a simple WiFi card replacement.

I hope that people who have the same problem as I had read this and replace the part themselves instead of spending > 130 euros for a replacement which costs less than 1 hour.

And xbox you should be ashamed for charging that much.

Regards,

Nick

:)

TheN1ckname, Oct 24, 2017
  2. Chamdogg1
    Chamdogg1 Guest
    Ridiculous UK Repair Costs!!!

I've had to do the same and I totally agree with you. It's disgraceful that Microsoft expect their customer to front the postage costs. Not only that but the cost of a secondary controller in order to play a brand new console. I really get the impression
    that they don't care enough about their customers.

I called Xbox support and had a massive moan about the situation. They sent me an email detailing how to complain, either writing to them or replying to the email, which is what I did. That was on the 28th November and I've still not even received an acknowledgement
    email back.

Really not happy about it all. I'm half tempted to send it all back and buy a PS4 instead!

Chamdogg1, Oct 24, 2017
  3. Ridiculous UK Repair Costs!!!

There is no way you should be required to pay for fixing it if it's within a reasonable lifetime of the product. Look up the sales of goods act, and get on to Xbox chat support.

Tom Montgomery, Oct 24, 2017
  4. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest

While I agree that the cost Microsoft charge for a out of warranty repair is way to much, self repair or getting anyone other than Microsoft to repair your console is a strict violation of the ToU/CoC & will result in a console ban.

Even discussing self repair on the forums is not allowed.

Daft Badger, Oct 24, 2017
  5. Daft Badger Win User

While I agree that the cost Microsoft charge for a out of warranty repair is way to much, self repair or getting anyone other than Microsoft to repair your console is a strict violation of the ToU/CoC & will result in a console ban.

Even discussing self repair on the forums is not allowed.
  6. Tom Montgomery Win User

Good point Tezcatlipoca (that's quite a name!)... I meant to say talk to Xbox Chat and then if they really can't sort it out, go to where you bought it from. After the RROD I really thought they'd go to lengths to avoid any issues like this. I also wonder
    if their chat support is being massively overwhelmed, as normally they're pretty good, but it's very hit and miss at the moment.

The Sale of Goods Act is a good thing to know about when you have problems like this. So also is the distance selling law, but I don't know too much about this. Basically, if you've bought something online and it's faulty, they pretty much have to sort it
    out for free or let you return it within a very short amount of time... 16 days maybe? The product has to be faulty though, and bought via delivery of course. Again, best to look that one up before believing me though, as has already been demonstrated :).
  7. Maytrix Win User

The way around this is to return it. Problem is you can't necessarily buy a new one so quickly, although I think stores are getting new stock - it won't be so long before you can walk in a store and buy one.
  8. Mister_Tez Win User

The Sale of Goods Act only applies to Microsoft if the console was bought from Microsoft. Your statutory rights as a consumer under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended) are with the retailer, not the manufacturer.

All you have with the manufacturer is the standard manufacturer's warranty.

Having said that, I fully agree that it's absolutely unacceptable to have to pay to ship something back under warranty, especially if the cost of shipping something to Prague is more than the cost of simply buying a new replacement!
  9. Tkavil Win User

I'm in Canada and they're making me pay to ship my faulty headset to them Albeit is only $10, it is ridiculous that I incur out of pocket expenses for a product that should have been working out of the box. Call and complain and let them know you're not
    OK with this, they'll have to modify this sooner or later.
Thema:

1. Ridiculous costs for repair. Xbox WiFi hardware problem - Similar Threads - Ridiculous costs repair

2. This is absolutely ridiculous. Someone please help. I don't know why i would be suspended...

in XBoX Accessibility
    This is absolutely ridiculous. Someone please help. I don't know why i would be suspended...: Absolute negligence on the enforcement teams part. Someone please help me figure out a way to notify them of this asap. I'd like to be able to talk to my buddies. This looking for group post was...
  3. Can someone please explain to me why Microsoft is beyond happy to issue ban for ridiculous...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can someone please explain to me why Microsoft is beyond happy to issue ban for ridiculous...: I would love to know more about the people who "work" on the enforcement element of Microsoft/Xbox. Are they just the softest people in existence? I just got an email from them this morning...
  4. Ridiculous installation and download sizes

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ridiculous installation and download sizes: I have just received an Xbox One X and so far my experience with it has been disappointing (understatement). I loaded the first game disc and I was disappointed that it wanted to install it to...
  5. Being harrased. People are using both my accounts now this is ridiculous.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Being harrased. People are using both my accounts now this is ridiculous.: So i have two accounts. People are creating users on both accounts. They have fake users that have my gamertag ending with 1, 2, 3 ect. How is this possible? Now im being harrased by random people...
  6. Why is Microsoft's ban system so absolutely ridiculous?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is Microsoft's ban system so absolutely ridiculous?: I was playing 2k22 (incredibly toxic, childish community). My 4 teammates quit out early, I played until the 4th quarter when the other team started blasting me with party invites and messages....
  7. Ridiculous enforcement protocols

in XBoX Accessibility
    Ridiculous enforcement protocols: I am sick to to teeth of this utter nonsense Microsoft. I get harassed all game from the start by this toxic freak, reporting them does nothing, but apparently retaliating and them reporting all...
  8. Xbox app still missing LFG, it's ridiculous

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app still missing LFG, it's ridiculous: While I agree that the old Xbox app was slow and could definitely be improved...the LFG functionality was probably the most used feature for me & my friends. I mean it's kind of the whole point...
  9. Ridiculous reasons for charging gamertag changes.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ridiculous reasons for charging gamertag changes.: Despite all the previous questions and responses on this topic I have not read a single valid reason only cheap and ridiculous excuses. Some just blatantly taking advantage of users that do not...
  10. These suspensions for swearing in a message are ridiculous

in XBoX on Consoles
    These suspensions for swearing in a message are ridiculous: I've been an Xbox Live customer for years with no suspensions or bans or anything on my account ever, but send one message telling someone to "get [mod removed]"because they were conducting...