Ridiculous costs for repair. Xbox WiFi hardware problem

Discus and support Ridiculous costs for repair. Xbox WiFi hardware problem in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; A few weeks ago i contacted xbox support, My xbox could no longer connect to WiFi or ethernet. The xbox gave a: "wifi hardware not working. this xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TheN1ckname, Oct 24, 2017.

1. TheN1ckname
    TheN1ckname Guest

A few weeks ago i contacted xbox support, My xbox could no longer connect to WiFi or ethernet. The xbox gave a: "wifi hardware not working. this xbox needs to be sent in." message.

I contacted xbox support and since my xbox was out of warranty, they told me I had to pay 130-150 euro upfront to get it repaired. I didn't agree to this. Then I went online and bought a replacement WiFi module this costs me 12.98 euro's. Today i received
    the part and put it in. My xbox is working fine right now.

Its kinda bizarre that xbox support want to charge > 130 euros for a simple WiFi card replacement.

I hope that people who have the same problem as I had read this and replace the part themselves instead of spending > 130 euros for a replacement which costs less than 1 hour.

And xbox you should be ashamed for charging that much.

Regards,

Nick

:)

TheN1ckname, Oct 24, 2017
  2. Chamdogg1
    Chamdogg1 Guest
    Ridiculous UK Repair Costs!!!

I've had to do the same and I totally agree with you. It's disgraceful that Microsoft expect their customer to front the postage costs. Not only that but the cost of a secondary controller in order to play a brand new console. I really get the impression
    that they don't care enough about their customers.

I called Xbox support and had a massive moan about the situation. They sent me an email detailing how to complain, either writing to them or replying to the email, which is what I did. That was on the 28th November and I've still not even received an acknowledgement
    email back.

Really not happy about it all. I'm half tempted to send it all back and buy a PS4 instead!

Chamdogg1, Oct 24, 2017
  3. Ridiculous UK Repair Costs!!!

There is no way you should be required to pay for fixing it if it's within a reasonable lifetime of the product. Look up the sales of goods act, and get on to Xbox chat support.

Tom Montgomery, Oct 24, 2017
  4. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest

While I agree that the cost Microsoft charge for a out of warranty repair is way to much, self repair or getting anyone other than Microsoft to repair your console is a strict violation of the ToU/CoC & will result in a console ban.

Even discussing self repair on the forums is not allowed.

Daft Badger, Oct 24, 2017
  5. Daft Badger Win User

While I agree that the cost Microsoft charge for a out of warranty repair is way to much, self repair or getting anyone other than Microsoft to repair your console is a strict violation of the ToU/CoC & will result in a console ban.

Even discussing self repair on the forums is not allowed.
  6. Tom Montgomery Win User

Good point Tezcatlipoca (that's quite a name!)... I meant to say talk to Xbox Chat and then if they really can't sort it out, go to where you bought it from. After the RROD I really thought they'd go to lengths to avoid any issues like this. I also wonder
    if their chat support is being massively overwhelmed, as normally they're pretty good, but it's very hit and miss at the moment.

The Sale of Goods Act is a good thing to know about when you have problems like this. So also is the distance selling law, but I don't know too much about this. Basically, if you've bought something online and it's faulty, they pretty much have to sort it
    out for free or let you return it within a very short amount of time... 16 days maybe? The product has to be faulty though, and bought via delivery of course. Again, best to look that one up before believing me though, as has already been demonstrated :).
  7. Maytrix Win User

The way around this is to return it. Problem is you can't necessarily buy a new one so quickly, although I think stores are getting new stock - it won't be so long before you can walk in a store and buy one.
  8. Mister_Tez Win User

The Sale of Goods Act only applies to Microsoft if the console was bought from Microsoft. Your statutory rights as a consumer under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended) are with the retailer, not the manufacturer.

All you have with the manufacturer is the standard manufacturer's warranty.

Having said that, I fully agree that it's absolutely unacceptable to have to pay to ship something back under warranty, especially if the cost of shipping something to Prague is more than the cost of simply buying a new replacement!
  9. Tkavil Win User

I'm in Canada and they're making me pay to ship my faulty headset to them Albeit is only $10, it is ridiculous that I incur out of pocket expenses for a product that should have been working out of the box. Call and complain and let them know you're not
    OK with this, they'll have to modify this sooner or later.
Thema:

1. Ridiculous costs for repair. Xbox WiFi hardware problem - Similar Threads - Ridiculous costs repair

2. How much will it cost if I send my Xbox controller in for repair, because it has bad stick...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How much will it cost if I send my Xbox controller in for repair, because it has bad stick...: How much will it cost if I send my Xbox controller in for repair because one of the Joysticks has really bad stick drift? c19310fb-9d72-4783-adfa-be8601535d2f
  3. Dev account cost paying without credit card

in XBoX Accessibility
    Dev account cost paying without credit card: Hello i have a question i would like to add a dev account to my account the costs are 14 euro... i have 15 euro in my account it gives me the option to pay in credit card or in promo code... i...
  4. Question about Xbox Series X after warranty repair costs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question about Xbox Series X after warranty repair costs: Just A Question Is their any repair options by Microsoft India after warranty period of Xbox Series X. If anyone have gone through the process,please enlighten me Thank You BTW My xbox is...
  5. I want my account unbanned this is ridiculous the kid started messaging me first

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want my account unbanned this is ridiculous the kid started messaging me first: I want my account unbanned the kid started it with me 7a133edc-1f98-4b9a-8e98-847d2f26205b
  6. Why does Xbox game pass cloud gaming have such long wait times? This is getting ridiculous...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Xbox game pass cloud gaming have such long wait times? This is getting ridiculous...: Tired of 15 to 20 minute wait times only a game on game pass. a98124cc-957e-4fc7-967e-0c1223cf79b5
  7. Why is it so difficult to change my xbox email this is absolutely ridiculous I hate Microsoft

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is it so difficult to change my xbox email this is absolutely ridiculous I hate Microsoft: Why does Microsoft make it so difficult to change email on Xbox account this is b.s 6fe5723d-8540-4aba-8603-3127ecc74124
  8. Unless I’ve missed something, there’s NO magazine for Xbox gamers. Isn’t that ridiculous?

in XboX Insiders
    Unless I’ve missed something, there’s NO magazine for Xbox gamers. Isn’t that ridiculous?: Title. submitted by /u/hideous-kojima23 [link] [comments]
  9. Gaming Services "missing" and the ridiculous typical "wont let you install on C Drive" rubbish?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gaming Services "missing" and the ridiculous typical "wont let you install on C Drive" rubbish?: Has this been fixed? Genuinely tried 6 or 7 "fixes" now and absolutely nothing works. Yet the continue to charge me $15 a month and the app simply doesn't work. It's ridiculous. Anybody know of a...
  10. Why was 70 dollars taken from my bank I didn't purchase anything this is ridiculous

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why was 70 dollars taken from my bank I didn't purchase anything this is ridiculous: Some stupid ms.info took 70 dollars and I want my money back now this is horrible 0428f2de-1c6d-4d44-ad72-9b97032673c5