Rewards Posting to wrong gamertag

Discus and support Rewards Posting to wrong gamertag in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I pre-order games all the time online at the Microsoft Store. Microsoft is always offering a $10 incentive for pre-ordering, but I never receive the... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Jonell A Smith, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Rewards Posting to wrong gamertag

I pre-order games all the time online at the Microsoft Store. Microsoft is always offering a $10 incentive for pre-ordering, but I never receive the credit. Found out that my incentive or points is being credited to my old gamertag and not my current gamertag.
    I no longer have access to my old gamertag because I closed the account out. But I still receive emails and statements for my rewards to my old gamertag. Just received an email of 15000 points being credit to my old gamertag, which no longer exist. So I need
    those points transferred to my current gamertag and for future orders from the Microsoft store, credit rewards to my current gamertag. Old gamertag is Jonell Smith.

:)

Jonell A Smith, Nov 14, 2016
  2. Rewards posting to wrong Gamertag

I pre-order games all the time online at the Microsoft Store. Microsoft is always offering a $10 incentive for pre-ordering, but I never receive the credit. Found out that my incentive or points is being credited to my old gamertag and not my current gamertag.
    I no longer have access to my old gamertag because I closed the account out. But I still receive emails and statements for my rewards to my old gamertag. Just received an email of 15000 points being credit to my old gamertag, which no longer exist. So I need
    those points transferred to my current gamertag and for future orders from the Microsoft store, credit rewards to my current gamertag. Old gamertag is Jonell Smith.

Jonell A Smith, Nov 14, 2016
  3. XBLRewards8
    XBLRewards8 Guest
    Rewards posting to wrong Gamertag

Hello Jonell A Smith,

Thanks for the confirmation! We will manually opt out your other gamertag (Jonell Smith), which will close that Rewards Account and cause your current gamertag (Jonell A Smith) to be the only account associated with that email.

We will also manually Credit your account with the two MicrosoftStore.com offers that were erroneously directed toward your previous gamertag. Those Credits should appear as pending in your current account by the end of next week!

XBLRewards8, Nov 14, 2016
  4. XBLRewards8
    XBLRewards8 Guest

XBLRewards8, Nov 15, 2016
  5. XBLRewards8 Win User

Hello Jonell A Smith,

Thanks for the confirmation! We will manually opt out your other gamertag (Jonell Smith), which will close that Rewards Account and cause your current gamertag (Jonell A Smith) to be the only account associated with that email.

We will also manually Credit your account with the two MicrosoftStore.com offers that were erroneously directed toward your previous gamertag. Those Credits should appear as pending in your current account by the end of next week!
  6. XBLRewards8 Win User

Hello Jonell A Smith,

We see that both accounts have the same email address, which is why purchases are likely being directed toward the older gamertag. In order to rectify this situation, we will have to manually opt out your old gamertag from the Rewards program. This will
    cause your current gamertag (Jonell A Smith) to be the only gamertag with that email, and direct purchases from that email toward this gamertag. We will be able to adjust your account to reflect your purchase as well, but first I need your confirmation that
    this action is acceptable.

Can you confirm that you would like your old gamertag to be opted out of the Rewards program so future MicrosoftStore activity is directed toward your current gamertag?
  7. Jonell A Smith Win User

Hello ,

We see that both accounts have the same email address, which is why purchases are likely being directed toward the older gamertag. In order to rectify this situation, we will have to manually opt out your old gamertag from the Rewards program. This will
    cause your current gamertag () to be the only gamertag with that email, and direct purchases from that email toward this gamertag. We will be able to adjust your account to reflect your purchase as well, but first I need your confirmation that
    this action is acceptable.

Can you confirm that you would like your old gamertag to be opted out of the Rewards program so future MicrosoftStore activity is directed toward your current gamertag?
    Yes, please opt out of my old gamertag Jonell Smith. And continue on my current gamertag . What will happen to my points? Will they transfer?
  8. XBLRewards8 Win User

9. XBLRewards8 Win User

need my reward points

Hello ManiacKibbles69,

We do not see a Rewards Account for this gamertag. If you are asking about another gamertag, please post on that gamertag. If you are asking about Microsoft Rewards, this is the Xbox Live Rewards forum. We are not an appropriate source for the Microsoft
    Rewards program.
Thema:

1. Rewards Posting to wrong gamertag - Similar Threads - Rewards Posting wrong

2. So can I not even use my reward points or something??

in XBoX on Windows
    So can I not even use my reward points or something??: I’ve spent two days straight trying to redeem my reward points for 200 overwatch coins. But when I try to use my phone number, it tells me to use another form of verification. I’ve tried making a...
  3. Player was looking in group post for people helping him mine wood and chunk with an reward....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Player was looking in group post for people helping him mine wood and chunk with an reward....: I have reported him on the Xbox app and stated the reason below. My question is if it is likely that he gets some sort of punishment. He tricked me and other players and we wasted hours helping...
  4. When do Reward Credits post?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When do Reward Credits post?: I did finally see on the VIP vault an opportunity to redeem the gems I had for Rewards Points, and I had enough to redeem it twice, for a total of 10,000 points. I could swear I saw a message...
  5. I was told by Xbox Support that I needed to post on this Forum to have my Reward points ...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I was told by Xbox Support that I needed to post on this Forum to have my Reward points ...: I have been in contact with the Xbox Support to get my Microsoft 12 month Xbox Subscription Reward applied to my account after it didn't go through last night. They were unable to fix the problem...
  6. missing50000 reward pts and post

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    missing50000 reward pts and post: I received a new xbox one s that was purchased from microsoftstore.com on nov 27,2016. I logged into it with my microsoft xbox live account. I did not receive my 50,000 reward credits. Please...
  7. Monthly: "What's the status of my reward deposits?" post

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Monthly: "What's the status of my reward deposits?" post: Good day Xbox Rewards Support Personal, First I want to say: I am not angry, nor am I blaming anyone in the Rewards Support program. This post serves as a reminder that it is now 12 months...
  8. Reward Credits Still Not Depositing-Third Post

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Reward Credits Still Not Depositing-Third Post: This is the third time I've created a post over this and nothing has been resolved, nor have I received an update on the status. I have 31,550 rewards credits that will not deposit because my...
  9. Still no November quest reward and no reply to my post??

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Still no November quest reward and no reply to my post??: I posted over a week ago after being directed here by Xbox support and still haven't even received a reply. I still have not received my November Xbox live quest reward and easily made the...
  10. How long does it take for reward points to post?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How long does it take for reward points to post?: I had earned reward points that hasn't posted to my account. I earned those over a year ago. So when will they post? fa5ddf43-f86e-4905-b69d-f876673432b2