Rewards app location error

Discus and support Rewards app location error in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi I'm unable to access the rewards app as I get a message telling me to update my consoles location. I've checked my system settings and it's correct... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by flesheater fish, Mar 30, 2023.

1. Rewards app location error

Hi

I'm unable to access the rewards app as I get a message telling me to update my consoles location. I've checked my system settings and it's correct to my location that being the UK.

:)

flesheater fish, Mar 30, 2023
  2. ryan beddis Win User

The quality of support I received on this issue from the Microsoft Support channel has been disgraceful. Repeatedly accused of using a VPN when I do not, and the only thing that has changed in the last 12 months is my Internet Provider - they have no desire or interest in resolving this issue.
  3. Governor T Win User

I had this same issue , at the moment I have two isp's coming into the property my new fibre and normal BT broadband. I don't get asked for location change when on BT , but I do when using fibre the provider is OGI. Could be something in that !!!
  4. Gabriel Montenegro2 Win User

Hi, flesheater ! I'm Kim, an Independent Advisor and I’m happy to help you today.

Kindly turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds and then plug the console power cable back in. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on then check app again.

if that did not work, go to your Xbox Settings. Select Network Settings > Advanced Settings. Under Change Settings select Alternate MAC Address> select Clear. Allow the console to restart when prompted then try to check again.
    ok i know
  5. AdhocIndex Win User

It appears Microsoft is aggressive about location, especially on the xbox, and particularly multiple locations. An IP address is used to identify the location. So they'll not be happy with VPNs, but it appears they're not happy with various Internet Service Providers (ISP) IP addresses. Using another ISP, such as a mobile may help, but that may also cause more multiple location problems from Microsoft's problematic perspective.
  6. Steve Campeau Win User

Hi, flesheater ! I'm Kim, an Independent Advisor and I’m happy to help you today.

Kindly turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds and then plug the console power cable back in. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on then check app again.

if that did not work, go to your Xbox Settings. Select Network Settings > Advanced Settings. Under Change Settings select Alternate MAC Address> select Clear. Allow the console to restart when prompted then try to check again.
    Can you please stop with BS solution!!! It not a problem on our side, MS rewards worked for 2 years for me, then stopped working fir 3 months then worked again 1 month and since yesterday doesn't work again.

I NEVER CHANGED ANYTHING ON MY CONSOLE, did not change anything on my modem or router NEVER!!!

Then the fktard thing work again then stop working....

It a Microsoft issue, nothing you tell people to do works, my situation proves it because i don't do sh.t and it work and i still don't do sh.t and it not working.

Check your servers, IT IS A MICROSOFT PROBLEM, not a member problem!!!
Thema:

1. Rewards app location error - Similar Threads - Rewards app location

2. Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK: Everytime I try to use xbox rewards app, it says to update consoles location. I live in UK and system is set to UK. I've lost a 50 week streak due to this fault, been like this for 5 days now...
  3. Rewards weekly set streaks on console app

in XboX Insiders
    Rewards weekly set streaks on console app: Is there a way to save the streaks we currently are on through the rewards app on the console? I really enjoy this feature and would hate to see it go. I think it's a great way to engage and get...
  4. Microsoft rewards app won't open on xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft rewards app won't open on xbox: Hi there, Not sure if anyone else has had the issue but for the past few days the Microsoft rewards app has not been opening from the xbox dashboard and don't really want to lose my 120+ weekly...
  5. Why are the rewards on the app different depending on location?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why are the rewards on the app different depending on location?: if I log in at my work which is a Swedish company, so it uses a Swedish VPN the rewards are greater and my connection at home which is UK.?. Why short change the UK? Also the Jewel reward is not...
  6. Why is my Rewards app showing restrictions for not following rules when I barely use it?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is my Rewards app showing restrictions for not following rules when I barely use it?: So I have just tried going on to my Rewards app and a notification came up stating: 'Your Microsoft Rewards account isn't following the rules you agreed to when you joined the programme. Review...
  7. Xbox Rewards tab isn’t showing in my Xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Rewards tab isn’t showing in my Xbox app: In my Xbox Game Pass it shows that the quests have moved to the Xbox app but the rewards tab isn’t showing FYI: I am on IOS 2a86d6ab-2ef8-4370-b0fb-05a08531473a
  8. How can I log onto my rewards app on console when it's keeps asking me to update my location?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I log onto my rewards app on console when it's keeps asking me to update my location?: Each time I try to open my rewards app on console it states that I need to update my location and won't allow me to go any further so therefore I have lost my streak and Microsoft support haven't...
  9. Cannot open MS Rewards App, error message 'Update Your Console's location'

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot open MS Rewards App, error message 'Update Your Console's location': As of today, I cannot load the MS Rewards app. It instead displays the error message. 'Update your console's location Go to System > Settings > System > Language & Location to match it to your...
  10. Xbox Rewards app asking for change of location

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Rewards app asking for change of location: HI, I can see from the many threads on here you are having a major issue with the rewards app on Xbox not knowing where it is. Like many other people i also have this . I can see when logging...