Reverse Gamertag Change?

Discus and support Reverse Gamertag Change? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My son accidentally changed his Xbox gamertag (to something inappropriate) without realizing that he wouldn't be able to change it back. When he made... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Javad111, Sep 19, 2022.

1. Javad111
    Javad111 Guest

Reverse Gamertag Change?

My son accidentally changed his Xbox gamertag (to something inappropriate) without realizing that he wouldn't be able to change it back. When he made the change, nothing mentioned that to change it again it would cost money. Now it seems like the only way to change the gamertag back again, or to something that isn't inappropriate, it would cost $10. That is completely ridiculous. It took my son many months to save up the money to pay for Minecraft, and now he's going to have to save up again just to change the gamertag. It feels like thievery. I am not cool with this. Is there any way around this?

:)

Javad111, Sep 19, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Reverse Gamertag Change?

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

As per Xbox support: "If this is your first time changing your Gamertag, you can change it one time for free. This is regardless of whether we created it for you automatically when you first signed up for Xbox (meaning you didn’t choose it yourself) or if you created your own Gamertag at signup.

Note After changing your Gamertag once, all future Gamertag changes require a fee (cost varies by region and currency)."

For your reference, you can check this link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...

I'm sorry but there is no other way around it. You may need to check the Xbox community standard when it comes to Gamertag which can be found on the same link.
  3. Onyx Is Here Win User

Freebie gamer tag change

Sorry to hear it. However, once a gamertag change has been made it cannot be reversed and you would need to pay the fee to change it again
  4. Onyx Is Here Win User

Xbox gamertag change

Sorry to hear it. I just wanted to pop in that contacting support will not reverse a gamertag change. I'm afraid that you would need to have to pay for the change again
  5. SylvorOnix Win User

Accidentally changed gamertag

It can't be reversed however you could always change your gamertag to something else if you are not happy with it. There is a fee to do so though
  6. xTye Win User

My account gamer tag

The gamertag was against the Code of Conduct whether you think it was or not. The new policy is you're given a random gamertag upon receiving a Forced Name Change. You will need to pay if you'd like to choose a new one. This will not be reversed.
Thema:

Reverse Gamertag Change?

1. Reverse Gamertag Change? - Similar Threads - Reverse Gamertag Change

2. reversed mouse movement

in XBoX on Consoles
    reversed mouse movement: Could you provide insights into why my M260 gaming mouse is exhibiting a sudden reversal in pointer movement? Despite prior normal functionality, the cursor now moves in the opposite direction...
  3. Xbox Series X - Reversed surround audio - Front coming from rears

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X - Reversed surround audio - Front coming from rears: Hey folks, My xbox series x 7.1 uncompressed audio constantly flips, front to back. Details: - Frequently when powering the xbox up from standby and/or returning to a game from another app my...
  4. Microsoft flight simulator installation keeps reversing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft flight simulator installation keeps reversing: I have purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator for my son for Christmas. I have downloaded the installation file from Steam. I then start the installation for it to only reach 17% then begin...
  5. I need to reverse my Minecraft Java name back urgently. Can you please help me?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need to reverse my Minecraft Java name back urgently. Can you please help me?: Hello, with the holidays just recently ive had family visiting and friends. My cousins came over yesterday and one of them wanted to play minecraft and i let them on my laptop. Come to find out...
  6. Account suspended then reversed?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account suspended then reversed?: Hello, i logged in recently to find my account had been suspended for my gamerpic even though there is nothing wrong, i know i cant appeal bans here but it only lasted a couple of hours and there...
  7. Re-Installing Horizon 3. I have no reverse and only first gear.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Re-Installing Horizon 3. I have no reverse and only first gear.: I love Horizon 3. With that being said, I have lost mobility for my cars. No reverse and one speed forward. I have deleted the game twice and yet it shows my previous stats. I would like to...
  8. I need help reversing/lifting a console ban

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help reversing/lifting a console ban: I just turned on my xbox one day to play a game and it said I was banned I didn't violate any rules or terms of service so I need help thanks to anyone that does 14ae4322-7cab-4092-a6db-80a7222e1830
  9. Cannot log into Xbox live on Reverse compatible games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot log into Xbox live on Reverse compatible games: saw this same problem for many people on many different threads the past 5 years and here i am having it. I’ve tried ever single solution posted here. Nothing works. Please help...
  10. Teredo Tunnel Connection, this should be a Fast Reverse Proxy, Microsoft u must know, Frp...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Teredo Tunnel Connection, this should be a Fast Reverse Proxy, Microsoft u must know, Frp...: First and First, IPV4 have Public address and Private address bcz NAT technology, more NAT means ur network have to pass more gateway (basically network have to pass more hardware), and Public...