"Revamped" User experience prioritizes sponsored content. Slow UI, arbitrary delays ...

Discus and support "Revamped" User experience prioritizes sponsored content. Slow UI, arbitrary delays ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; OK, Christmas Morning. Kid opens it up. Lights up with excitement. Wants to "Play it now and show everyone Halo 5". Fat chance. TL;DR; Me: "It's an... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by keyboardduder, Dec 28, 2015.

1. "Revamped" User experience prioritizes sponsored content. Slow UI, arbitrary delays ...

OK, Christmas Morning. Kid opens it up. Lights up with excitement. Wants to "Play it now and show everyone Halo 5". Fat chance.

TL;DR; Me: "It's an expensive, inconvenient, and bandwidth-hungry internet machine that happens to play games once you find out where Microsoft put them, because of an ad-prioritized experience'."

Summary:

A gamer since 1986, I spent several frustrating hours, and many inconsistent days babysitting a child's brand-new Xbox One Halo 5 edition console. It couldn't even inherently play any games that came with it, because of outrageous installation and download
    times. No pre-loaded Halo 5. Physical copies of discs made little difference in install times. Took over 24 hours of uptime to install NHL15 (DISC) and Halo 5 (DOWNLOAD). User Experience prioritizes advertisements and sponsored content over menu simplicity.

M$ is not out to make friends this time around.

Thoughts: Hey guys, what the happened to your UI? Did you replace your UX director with someone from marketing? I want to remove all this sponsored content, all this tile-ad-nonsense that has little to nothing to do with my experience.
    I don't care about netflix, or APPS, and I don't care about a single headline. I wanted my nephew to play Halo 5 and NHL 15 out of box. Instead, 100GB later, we can't even find the menu to launch these games. WTH!?

Wii U and PS4 user experience is far superior. Those experiences are straight to the point, offline games run right out of box.

Why is the games list below the sponsored content and preview junk on the main screen? Why can't it be the default selection on the home screen?
    Wouldn't that just make sense?

For every UI incarnation on Xbox 360 and Xbox one, you guys manage to put more steps in-between gamers and our games. For what? STOP IT. BAD M$! How many times do I have to tap / move my controller just to get a game to launch?

0. Changing a display name on my xbox changed my outlook account name too. Woah! Not cool!

0.0 Why do I have to have a Microsoft Outlook account just to use it? You are the only people who require an email address to use a computer. With the privacy conerns of nowadays, we demand local accounts, and offline access.

1. Only people in your marketing department want pop culture, sports announcements, or ads on an Xbox. You aren't a TV station. You are barely a search engine. Stop it.

2. As far as User Experience is concerned, Tiles are synonymous to classified ads, and you guys have the entire user experience bought and paid for by supported content.

3. We didn't buy a multimedia box, we wanted to buy a gaming console. Please, please Let us opt-out of the entire Microsoft UX. We just want to play games that happened to launch on your platforms. Don't punish us with ads and useless tiles for buying your
    products.
    Tiles are a waste of an average user's time.

4. What happened to the days when a disc got popped in, the console would just launch it, and optionally ask to update? Why put extra steps in-between? AGAIN, WHY IS THE GAMES MENU AT THE LOWEST PRIORITY ON THE HOME SCREEN?

5. Child accounts don't inherit DLC from xbox live arcade games. Lots of reasons to just go back to my 360, and to spend $550 on something else.

6. The HALO 5 BUNDLE does NOT come with a physical disk. The games is NOT PRELOADED EITHER. Big mistake. The way things are going, I'm surprised all the collector's edition documents and models weren't ported to a f#$#$ng PDF to cut costs. It requires
    us to download 60GB worth of data from the internet for that game. Holy Jeez!! It took over 12 hours just to install HALO 5.

7. Next game was NHL15. We had a disc. We popped it in, hoping it would run. It took us a couple of minutes to find the actual launch tile to open the DVD (HIDDEN UNDERNEATH THE HOME MENU, ONCE AGAIN). Once we launched it, the Xbox told us we have to INSTALL
    the game, which took at least 24 hours, and required an additional 21GB worth of downloads to install. It's on a disc. Can't we just play it? Kid doesn't even want to play it online. He is 9 and just wants to play hockey.

8. I busted out my SNES with NHL95, and he liked that expreince WAY more than Xbox one. At least that worked right away. Take notes fron Nintendo Wii/U and Sony PS3/4. We don't want a PC, we want a gaming console. Put the nonsense in a different menu.

9. Why can't I use a 360 controller with a live arcade 360 game on the Xbox one? Don't become Apple and make everything exclusionary for profit.

Story:

The Xbox one purchased this month (Dec 2015) for my nephew was rife with supported content and game ads on the home screen. Useless references to apps, and media. Everything but the option to launch a game. After I got extorted for an extra $.50 charitable
    donation for each child account I wanted to make (WTF, why didn't you lobby against that!?), I got bombarded with a completely useless home screen, with no tiles in sight referencing the games we owned. Where were our games? My nephew and I spend an hour foolishly
    looking through the store (Because the word STORE disappears when you select it, and then you see
    GAMES on the top) hoping to find our games. We only found the store, which I guess was your objective. Good job, M$.

Only a handful of xbox live arcade games were ported over to the One. "I maed a game with zombies in it" is not there, unfortunately. I paid hundreds of dollars for games on the market, only to see a list of 5 games you supported, including
    the underwhelming and repetitive "Miss Splosion Man".

What of your XNA devs and the games they worked to support? A lot of those games were tons of fun!

Speaking of data caps, 20GB of updates just to turn the darn thing on is scary for anyone with a slow internet connection.

Sincerely,

Ticked off:

Gamer 28 years, IT professional 10 years, developer 2 years. Efficiency enthusiast, anti-advertisement advocate for things we pay for.

:)

keyboardduder, Dec 28, 2015
  2. RangoHCM
    RangoHCM Guest
    Which version to get?

regular: all normal contents with no dlc if u want 5 dlc waste more 50$, premium: have all the regular content plus 5 expansion pack at no extra 50$ charge, that the different

RangoHCM, Dec 28, 2015
  3. ClaimedFMS10
    ClaimedFMS10 Guest
    Using Halo 5 disc to install content for my digital code

I borrowed a disc from a friend to install Halo 5 content on my Xbox. Now I have 2 copies of the game on my Xbox, one is the installed physical copy and one is the uninstalled digital copy. I was under the impression that I can install content from a disk
    and then use the code on my account to play the game.

Is there any way to install the game without downloading the whole 50+ GB? Region is AU.

ClaimedFMS10, Dec 28, 2015
  4. "Revamped" User experience prioritizes sponsored content. Slow UI, arbitrary delays ...

Yep. I hate this gen of Xbox.

ScottyDoo 560, Dec 29, 2015
  5. It does have an "offline mode" you just have to select it...lots of people like seeing new stuff available to do on the home screen , but maybe there should be an option to turn it off , I just tell Kinect what to launch ...and you should probably post this
    on the "feedback" section , MS dosent come here and read these threads...

RobertBuckalew, Dec 29, 2015
  6. Eggnogga
    Eggnogga Guest
    I should point out that you have to install from the disc on the PS4 as well (PS3 too). The console(s) can't read the data off of the BD fast enough to be able to run a game.

Also, a lot of your beef should be directed at video game publishers for releasing "broken" games which require 2+GB's worth of updates.

Lastly, MS (or any commercial entity) isn't out to be your friend. They sell you products.

Eggnogga, Oct 31, 2018
  7. ScottyDoo 560 Win User

"Revamped" User experience prioritizes sponsored content. Slow UI, arbitrary delays in menu traversal. Long install times. No physical copy/Preload of HALO 5, $.50 child account charge, no DLC for Xbox Live Arcade content, no local accounts.

Yep. I hate this gen of Xbox.
  8. Eggnogga Win User

"Revamped" User experience prioritizes sponsored content. Slow UI, arbitrary delays in menu traversal. Long install times. No physical copy/Preload of HALO 5, $.50 child account charge, no DLC for Xbox Live Arcade content, no local accounts.

I should point out that you have to install from the disc on the PS4 as well (PS3 too). The console(s) can't read the data off of the BD fast enough to be able to run a game.

Also, a lot of your beef should be directed at video game publishers for releasing "broken" games which require 2+GB's worth of updates.

Lastly, MS (or any commercial entity) isn't out to be your friend. They sell you products.
  9. RobertBuckalew Win User

It does have an "offline mode" you just have to select it...lots of people like seeing new stuff available to do on the home screen , but maybe there should be an option to turn it off , I just tell Kinect what to launch ...and you should probably post this
    on the "feedback" section , MS dosent come here and read these threads...
  10. ctoestreich Win User

Kinect sending signal IR signal multiple times for channels

Same issue here. They changed the UI and now using IR Delay: Slow, Recommended or Fast all cause the same issue for me. Trying to go to 811 goes to 880011.
  11. TTR Dr Payne Win User

At last

[quote user="daneel1954"]

Anybody at Delay of Game want to sponsor an old guy for membership?

[/quote]

It should be free to join at your own will.
Thema:

"Revamped" User experience prioritizes sponsored content. Slow UI, arbitrary delays ...

1. "Revamped" User experience prioritizes sponsored content. Slow UI, arbitrary delays ... - Similar Threads - Revamped User experience

2. new revamped chat section on Xbox app (PC) has multiple issues.

in XboX Insiders
    new revamped chat section on Xbox app (PC) has multiple issues.: The chat section was revamped to make it work like in the Steam launcher. There you open a new window with all your conversations to chat with friends. In the Xbox App (PC) you used to chat inside...
  3. Xbox - Forza Horizon 2012 game. Suggestion to Revamp

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox - Forza Horizon 2012 game. Suggestion to Revamp: The Forza Horizon racing games are superb but whether you play in Italy, Australia, Scotland or Mexico the game play is always the same, there is nothing to aim for. In my opinion the original...
  4. Revamp Xbox Live Games With Gold Program

in XboX Insiders
    Revamp Xbox Live Games With Gold Program: I think we all know Xbox Games With Gold is an outdated program. We no longer get Xbox 360 titles and the current games being offered the last few months have inched closer and closer to full...
  5. Can't find 'Minecraft For Windows 10' in New Microsoft Store revamp

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't find 'Minecraft For Windows 10' in New Microsoft Store revamp: Hi, so as you know, Microsoft store got a total revamp a while ago, and with this update, I'm no longer able to find 'Minecraft for Windows 10' by typing 'Minecraft'instead, the results new...
  6. CLUB revamp

in XboX Insiders
    CLUB revamp: I've noticed recently you cannot ban from the management page, So I suggest on the xbox app and console you put the report delete and ban. On the same List and/or in the management page itself In...
  7. Can we talk up ramping a new update to upload studio with a revamp & effects it's been...

in XboX Insiders
    Can we talk up ramping a new update to upload studio with a revamp & effects it's been...: [IMG] submitted by /u/mosesshiferaw12 [link] [comments]
  8. Revamp your gamerpic approval system please

in XBoX on Consoles
    Revamp your gamerpic approval system please: I just received enforcement action for my gamerpic, which is not something that should be possible. Why did I have to wait for xbox to approve the picture if they are simply going to punish me for...
  9. Xbox Enforcement needs to get a serious revamp

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Enforcement needs to get a serious revamp: I have recently had a 2 week suspension put onto my account. Not only was the suspension unjust but the system in which Xbox Enforcement uses to talk to the accused "case reviews, is hugely...
  10. Microsoft needs to revamp the report/ban system

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft needs to revamp the report/ban system: So yesterday my friend was given a TEMPORARY communication ban, the next day he was perma banned. He had called some annoying kid cancer (to be fair he was pretty damn cancerous) and because...