Returning to original Gamertag

Discus and support Returning to original Gamertag in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently change my xbox gamertag, numbers were added to my name which I didn't want and now I'm being asked to pay 10$ to go back to my original... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Playerkz, Aug 16, 2020.

1. Playerkz
    Playerkz Guest

I recently change my xbox gamertag, numbers were added to my name which I didn't want and now I'm being asked to pay 10$ to go back to my original name. Is there a way I can go back to my old name without having to pay 10 dollars?

:)

Playerkz, Aug 16, 2020
  2. Lady Nataleigh Win User

Hello! The added numbers to your gamertag (Example: #0004) is due to the new gamertag system that Xbox has recently added, which allows people to use already used gamertags. Secondly, unless you haven't used up your free gamertag change (With the new system,
    you're given a free gamertag change), the only way to change it is to pay for the gamertag change.
  3. Koods Win User

Xbox Gamertag Binding

The problem being if the original owner of the gamertag then returns they'd then want that back, so there has to be a system in place to protect for that eventuality as well.
  4. nwrlds Win User

Xbox One Gamertag

5. Assassin-7DEB02B5-24 Win User

My gamer tag has been changed by somebody

Call Microsoft XBOX Live support and file a UA (Unauthorized Access) claim. Provide your old/original gamertag and the dates/times you were aware the account was not in your possession (i.e. when you received the WLID pwd reset notification, if any OR when
    you recovered your own account because you had lost access to it).

As for getting your original gamertag back, make that specific request and ensure it is put in writing as part of your UA. In my own experience, the attacker gained access to my account and moved my original gamertag to another account of their choosing
    and renamed it in such a way to make it difficult to find. When my fifth (yes fifth) UA finally came back confirming there was unauthorized access, the XBL PET did NOT automatically return my original gamertag. They offered 800 MSP as stated in the recovery
    e-mail (which they actually didn't provide) to change my gamertag 'back'. However since my original gamertag was hijacked, in use, and tied to another WLID -- I had no means personally to recover it. I had to file a BBB complaint to engage an Exceptions
    Analyst to get it back -- phone support/supervisors were unable to do so.

As far as your WLID is concerned; consider it compromised. Change secret passphrases, review alternative e-mail addresses linked - consider removing both and use Trusted PC or SMS in lieu for account recovery purposes. Considering creating a new WLID altogether
    and abandoning/deleting the one you have now; move your gamertag/account to the new WLID. Do this however only AFTER your UA has been filed, completed and returned to you.
  6. HomegrownSilky Win User

Gamertag original

When is the last time that you logged in to the Bitzz account? Unused accounts can get closed after a certain amount of inactivity.
Thema:

1. Returning to original Gamertag - Similar Threads - Returning original Gamertag

2. Microsoft won't return my money after my account was hacked and 11 $25 gcs were purchased!!!!!

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft won't return my money after my account was hacked and 11 $25 gcs were purchased!!!!!: SERIOUSLY???!! Someone hacked my account, ordered 11 $25 gift cards paid via my paypal and THEY WON'T REFUND ME FOR THESE???!!! So, I've now been robbed TWICE - one by the hacker and now by...
  3. Can you return a controller to Microsoft if bought from a gamestop store

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you return a controller to Microsoft if bought from a gamestop store: Can you return a controller to Microsoft if bought from a gamestop store 7e7a4d81-d005-4014-aaf5-858726ea4c03
  4. Refund, NOT RETURN, JUST REFUND, AS IN GIVE ME BACK THE MONEY I PAID FOR A CONTROLLER THAT...

in XBoX on Windows
    Refund, NOT RETURN, JUST REFUND, AS IN GIVE ME BACK THE MONEY I PAID FOR A CONTROLLER THAT...: I bought a controller from you people and it got lost in transit, know what that means? It means I never GOT IT so STOP asking me to return it because that's IMPOSSIBLE to do when it NEVER got to...
  5. What to do if Microsoft hasn’t fixed my Xbox Series X in 4 straight returns, what should I do?

in XBoX on Windows
    What to do if Microsoft hasn’t fixed my Xbox Series X in 4 straight returns, what should I do?: So my Xbox series X has constantly had this problem where it will just randomly shut off during use, and I have sent it in to the Microsoft repair center 4 times now. Every time I’ve gotten it...
  6. Is it possible to return a product?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it possible to return a product?: Is it possible to return a product? (I have no interest in getting exchage or refunds). This is because I don't want to see that product in my Order history or in my Games Library anymore, I just...
  7. I have returned a controller for warranty work, it is no longer showing on my items list as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have returned a controller for warranty work, it is no longer showing on my items list as...: I have gone through the bot and the website, called multiple numbers and still can’t get anywhere closer. This was a Christmas gift for my daughter and hasn’t worked out of the box. I returned it...
  8. Trying to play call of duty warzone. The game keeps crashing mid game and returns me to the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to play call of duty warzone. The game keeps crashing mid game and returns me to the...: Trying to play call of duty warzone. The game keeps crashing mid game and returns me to the Xbox home screen repeatedly. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game and it keeps happening. The...
  9. Does anyone know if you can return a faulty Xbox without the original controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know if you can return a faulty Xbox without the original controller?: Faulty Xbox return without controller still in warranty 14ddf0ef-c7b0-4a19-93c3-9a1002e8900f
  10. Xbox controller too sensitive to small amount of force and doesnt return to the origin

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller too sensitive to small amount of force and doesnt return to the origin: Is this normal behaviour for an xbox controller? I bought this controller 1 day ago and thinking about returning. When applied small amount of force its not returning to origin by about 3000-5000...