Retrieve a saved (Bedrock) Minecraft game after uninstalling the game?

Discus and support Retrieve a saved (Bedrock) Minecraft game after uninstalling the game? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have no idea if this is possible, but if it is I’d be glad to hear some advice. I’m on the latest version of windows 11, everything like that. I was... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Boi Boi1, Jun 8, 2023.

1. Boi Boi1
    Boi Boi1 Guest

I have no idea if this is possible, but if it is I’d be glad to hear some advice. I’m on the latest version of windows 11, everything like that. I was troubleshooting getting the 1.20 update to work for me on bedrock, and I stupidly uninstalled the game Minecraft itself instead of the launcher. I reinstalled it, but of course, all of my worlds were deleted.

Is there any way to retrieve the save files I lost? I don’t know exactly how uninstalling the game works, so I’m not sure if all of the files are just sitting in the trash somewhere or if they’re truly gone. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

:)

Boi Boi1, Jun 8, 2023
  2. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good afternoon

Have you tried restoring windows before uninstalling?

To restore Windows 11, you can follow the steps below:

Go to Windows Settings. You can access Settings by right-clicking on the Start button and selecting "Settings" from the menu.

In the Settings window, click on "System" and then select "Recovery" in the left panel.

In the right panel, you will find the "Restore PC" option. Click on that option.

Different restoration options will be displayed. Select "Start" under "Restore this PC".

You will then be prompted to choose between two options: "Keep my files" or "Remove everything". If you want to keep your personal files, choose the "Keep my files" option. Otherwise, choose the "Remove everything" option. Remember to back up your important files before choosing the "Remove everything" option as it will delete all your files.

Windows 11 will start the restoration process. This may take some time, so be patient and do not interrupt the process.
  3. Олег Тарус Win User

Is that true? Will a reinstall download saves from the cloud for minecraft for windows bedrock edition? Is there a way to make minecraft do that?

Thanks in advance!

If this is possible - would save a river of tears of my son losing all the worlds for some unknown reason.
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

Your game should've been saved in the cloud, if you're using the bedrock version, so in theory it could be safe
  5. NeoDan123 Win User

Minecraft Xbox One Edition

You will not have to uninstall the Minecraft (Bedrock) as it won't affect the Xbox One Edition of the game. It is basically separate versions.
  6. Mae Sev. Win User

I downloaded Minecraft Bedrock Before the Java and Bedrock Bundle became available for the Xbox Gamepass and even though I downloaded the Bundle I can only play bedrock

Hello Zaynedrift,

Welcome to Xbox Forums. We appreciate you for sharing your concern with us.

We understand that you are having issues playing Minecraft Java after downloading the Minecraft Bedrock bundle with Xbox Game Pass.

Let us go ahead and work on this together in a timely manner.

Firstly, it is important to note that Minecraft Bedrock and Minecraft Java are two separate versions of the game and require separate purchases. The Minecraft Bedrock bundle with Xbox Game Pass includes the Bedrock version of the game, not the Java version. Also, Minecraft Bedrock and Java bundle became available on Xbox Game Pass on November 2, 2021. If you downloaded Minecraft bedrock before this date, it is possible that you may need to take additional steps to access the Java Edition.

Source: Coming November 2, 2021 to Xbox Game Pass for PC: Minecraft Java and Bedrock Editions

Regarding this issue we have, one possible solution is to try uninstalling and reinstalling the Minecraft Bedrock and Java Bundle from the Xbox app for PC. This will ensure that you have the latest version of the Bundle from the Xbox app for PC. This will ensure that you have the latest version of the bundle, which includes both the Bedrock and Java Editions of the game. Once you have reinstalled the bundle, you should be able to launch both editions of the game from with the Minecraft Launcher.

If you have purchased Minecraft Java separately, you should be able to access it through your Xbox Game Pass account. Here are the steps to follow:

1. Open the Xbox Game Pass app on your Xbox console.

2. Scroll down to the "My Games" section and select "See all".

3. Find Minecraft Java in the list of games and select it.

4. Click on "Install" to download and install the game on your console.

5. Once the installation is complete, you should be able to launch Minecraft Java and start playing.

If you are still unable to access Minecraft Java after following these steps, please try the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Clear the cache on your Xbox console. To do this, go to "Settings" > "System" > "Storage" > "Clear local saved games".

2. Uninstall and reinstall Minecraft Java.

3. Check for any available updates for Minecraft Java and install them.

If this does not resolve your issue, it may be helpful to check any known issues or updates related to Minecraft Bedrock and Java bundle on Xbox Game pass. You can do this by visiting the Minecraft support page or by checking for updates withing the Xbox app for PC.

I hope this information helps. If you continue experiencing issues, please let us know by sending us a reply. We are always here to help.

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
Thema:

1. Retrieve a saved (Bedrock) Minecraft game after uninstalling the game? - Similar Threads - Retrieve saved Bedrock

2. Hello I lost my secondary v buck code. How do I retrieve it?

in XBoX on Windows
    Hello I lost my secondary v buck code. How do I retrieve it?: How do I retrieve my secondary v bucks code? ee52380d-ec5c-4630-bff3-8029b2263b49
  3. How to Retrieve Minecraft Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to Retrieve Minecraft Account: Hello Good Evening, My name is Jon Baker and I have a Minecraft account that should have been linked to this email when I purchased it in October of this year. When I log into this account Mojang...
  4. Can anybody please guide me on how to retrieve a deleted microsoft account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can anybody please guide me on how to retrieve a deleted microsoft account?: So basically yesterday(6 january 2024)my microsoft account got infiltrated by a hacker and he deleted the microsoft account literally all my stuff is on there like school work ,minecraft accounts...
  5. how to retrieve my microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    how to retrieve my microsoft account: my XBOX live account is blocked. I've been trying to retrieve my account since it's suspended (i have no idea why ?) but everytime i fill out the form it's says i'm not giving the right info ?...
  6. Dead xbox account retrieval.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dead xbox account retrieval.: My brothers one s had died months back and he recently got a series x for Christmas, no one has the account details to log in, am I able to take the one s harddrive out and plug it externally into...
  7. Is there a way to retrieve game save from the could after a game has been removed from Game...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a way to retrieve game save from the could after a game has been removed from Game...: Hi, I was playing Persona 5 Royal on Game Pass but now that game is removed from Game Pass. I can no longer find my game save on my PC in the usual spot...
  8. Can you retrieve more recent cloud saves somehow?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can you retrieve more recent cloud saves somehow?: Starfield cloud won't upload properly. I play on mobile and always save and exit properly through the app. When I try to play at later time, I get a sync error and it forces me to use an older...
  9. Can I retrieve a lost save from a second console?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I retrieve a lost save from a second console?: Hi guys. So I play The Sims 4 on console (Xbox Series S), and just accidentally did an overwrite of one of my older saves (I’ve been working on this particular save for months). I have a second...
  10. How do I retrieve deleted local save files?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I retrieve deleted local save files?: I play Skyrim AE on Xbox one and I ran into an issue where it wouldn’t let me save anymore games, I got the message in the screenshot below. It told me to delete my local save games but implied...