Retail versions of XBLA games leaving two seperate entries on profile.

Discus and support Retail versions of XBLA games leaving two seperate entries on profile. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, Let me start by saying I'm not exactly sure on how many unique titles are effected, but I am certain of at least these two. The retail disc... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Indie-1181058F-DAC6-4B02-ACDE-A2BD409FAB42, May 14, 2016.

1. Retail versions of XBLA games leaving two seperate entries on profile.

Hi,

Let me start by saying I'm not exactly sure on how many unique titles are effected, but I am certain of at least these two. The retail disc copies Resident Evil Revelations 2 and Tales from the Borderlands leave two title entries for the same game on your
    xbox.com profile. One entry will be correct and show the number of achievements in ghe game and how many you've unlocked, the other entry will have a slighlty different name and say 0/0 achievements. When you check the second 'false' entry it will say "this
    game has no achievements". Any known reasons why this is happening for these specific games. If needed i can supply screenshots as well

Also Games like Gears of War 2 and Gears of War Judgment do not show any artwork on Xbox.com.

:)

Indie-1181058F-DAC6-4B02-ACDE-A2BD409FAB42, May 14, 2016
  2. BAD 2020
    BAD 2020 Guest
    GTA Xbox One to GTA Xbox 360

To further comment the 360 version of the game and the x box one version you need to treat it as two seperate games. If you go back to 360 and never played gta on 360 before then you will be starting over. You should have two seperate checklists. 360 and
    the one. They will not combine.

BAD 2020, May 14, 2016
  3. neilhorgan
    neilhorgan Guest
    [CONFIRMED]Xbox LIVE Arcade Gamerscore Policy Change

Sounds like another step in bridging the gap between retail and download. From a technical perspective, some of the recent Arcade titles have been retail quality, it's just actual game content that seperates the two

neilhorgan, May 14, 2016
  4. Retail versions of XBLA games leaving two seperate entries on profile.

Hey, DudeBroPrime! In order to see what's going on, your achievements will need to be marked as visible to the public. Would you be okay with doing that for me? Once you do that, we'll be able to see what you're seeing here and then take appropriate action
    from there. Retail versions of XBLA games leaving two seperate entries on profile. :)

Misses Quinzel, May 16, 2016
  5. Sure thing, I think I chose the correct thing to make them viewable. If you look on my profile you will see Tales from the Borderlands on Xbox One then a random Tales from the Borderlands and then the 360 Tales from the borderlands. The middle one has
    0/0 achievements for 0 points and only popped up because I used the retail copy of that game on 360.

Indie-1181058F-DAC6-4B02-ACDE-A2BD409FAB42, May 16, 2016
  6. Oh wow! Interesting! When you played Tales from the Borderlands, did you use a digital copy first and then the second version appeared after getting the retail disc?

Misses Quinzel, May 17, 2016
  7. I actually did not use a digital copy at all, using on the physical disk. I completed the game 100% then saw it had two entries of the 360 version in Xbox 360 Smartglass. I then went to the website and saw the same issue. I thought it might be a digital
    signature but it doesn't actually show up on my list of games on the 360 list for me to delete (like you can do with games with 0 gamerscore). I downloaded the digital version of episode one since it was free on 360 but upon playing it I found that it just
    registers as the standard 360 retail version. I searched online to see if I could find any others with this issue. Apparently it's present in this game and the physical copy of Resident Evil Revelations 2. Both of which produce the exact same results.

I created a side profile to test something out and tried using the digital versions of each game. When using the digital version only the fake/duplicate "0 achievement/gamerscore" entry never appears, but immediately upon putting in the physical disk for
    either game it immediately shows the fake/duplicate entry.

Indie-1181058F-DAC6-4B02-ACDE-A2BD409FAB42, May 17, 2016
  8. Retail versions of XBLA games leaving two seperate entries on profile.

You are the best for trying all that out. That helps me out a lot.

I'm going to see if I can track down a physical copy of it myself and test this out now. I'll post back once I have more information for you. Retail versions of XBLA games leaving two seperate entries on profile. :)

Misses Quinzel, May 18, 2016
  9. Alright, I checked with an Xbox One disc, but that wasn't showing up for me (no achievements). I'm going to try a couple other things and then get back to you after. :3

Misses Quinzel, May 18, 2016
  10. Ok, I apologize, I may have confused you. This issue (0/0 achievements) ONLY appears when you use the Xbox 360 retail disc copy of Tales from the Borderlands and Resident Evil Revelation 2.

The Xbox One versions of the games do not produce the 0/0 achievements entry. ONLY the Xbox 360 disc version.

Indie-1181058F-DAC6-4B02-ACDE-A2BD409FAB42, May 18, 2016
  11. Oh! There was no confusion! I was trying to figure out how it acted on the One side of things before hand. I work to make sure that everything is covered for the investigating teams so they have all the details possible.

During this, I believe I found out why the Xbox One stuff hasn't showed up. They've hidden all 0 GS games for Xbox One. That's more than likely why it's not happening for Xbox One. Obviously that is what we want.

I'm going to dig a lot more into TrueAchievements and find out if I can find more reports of what you're saying, with all the games you've noted after your own research. I'll get back to with what I can find. Retail versions of XBLA games leaving two seperate entries on profile. :)

Misses Quinzel, May 19, 2016
  12. Ok, I see lol, sorry about that. I can't find anything regarding the Tales/Borderlands so I might be the first report on it but I did locate a couple links to help you.

Resident Evil Revelations 2

www.xboxachievements.com/.../showthread.php (Original Post)

www.trueachievements.com/.../viewthread.aspx (10th Post Down)

Images of how both show up on xbox.com

Tales for the Borderlands:
    postimg.org/.../xsaz2qlfl

Resident Evil Revelations 2:
    postimg.org/.../5yn11hnxt

I hope some of this helps you out. It seems like a really random problem. I get the feeling its because of how the activity feed views these episodic retail games.

Indie-1181058F-DAC6-4B02-ACDE-A2BD409FAB42, May 19, 2016
  13. Retail versions of XBLA games leaving two seperate entries on profile.

Thanks a bunch, Indie (nice GT change!). I looked over those and pulled enough information for RE Revelations 2 to get both of these to the right people.

I don't have an estimate for when it will be resolved, but they are aware of it and working on getting it sorted out. Once I have more information, I'll post back in here for you. Retail versions of XBLA games leaving two seperate entries on profile. :)

Misses Quinzel, May 23, 2016
  14. Thank you for hearing me out, getting to the bottom of this and getting it to the right department. I really appreciate how helpful the support team is here on the forums and on Twitter. Sincerely, thanks for taking the time to look in to this for me.

Indie-1181058F-DAC6-4B02-ACDE-A2BD409FAB42, May 23, 2016
  15. No worries, Indie! No update yet, but they are checking into it. Like I said, if I hear anything back, I'll post back in here asap. :3

Misses Quinzel, May 24, 2016
Thema:

Retail versions of XBLA games leaving two seperate entries on profile.

1. Retail versions of XBLA games leaving two seperate entries on profile. - Similar Threads - Retail versions XBLA

2. Purchased an Xbox gift card from retail store will not allow me to redeem card. The store...

in XBoX on Windows
    Purchased an Xbox gift card from retail store will not allow me to redeem card. The store...: Purchased an Xbox gift card from retail store will not allow me to redeem card. The store said it is not their issue how do I resolve this? be155619-b096-4684-b1e5-8ab1a6f293a7
  3. Factory Reset when I switch back to retail mode from dev mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Factory Reset when I switch back to retail mode from dev mode: Maybe this was posted somewhere, but whenever I switch from dev mode to retail mode all of the data on my console is (seemingly) missing, but all of my games and DLC reappear when I log back in...
  4. Hi, would like to become an authorized retailer for XBOX products and games, can any one...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi, would like to become an authorized retailer for XBOX products and games, can any one...: Hi, would like to become an authorized retailer for XBOX products and games, can any one guide me to the right direction. d7a51c47-b32b-497c-9a51-784015fed842
  5. I bought EAFC points from a 3rd party retailer but accidently bought them for PC, I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought EAFC points from a 3rd party retailer but accidently bought them for PC, I...: I bought EAFC points from a third party retailer, but I accidentally bought them for PC, I’ve since redeemed them on my EA account and over 48 hours later they haven’t showed on my Xbox (as they...
  6. Using a retail WD Blue 500 GB HDD as a replacement internal HDD in my Xbox 360 with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Using a retail WD Blue 500 GB HDD as a replacement internal HDD in my Xbox 360 with the...: I have a fat Xbox 360 with a standard 20 GB Microsoft HDD. To be honest 20 GB is not enough for all the games that I own from Gold. With Microsoft shutting the store down next year I want to...
  7. My brand new Xbox won’t connect and update. The retailer won’t take responsibility and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My brand new Xbox won’t connect and update. The retailer won’t take responsibility and...: My brand new Xbox won’t connect and update. The retailer won’t take responsibility and there is no way to speak to a human at Xbox. Any ideas? 3e119748-b5c3-4d5c-bb91-7029ca1e5036
  8. Yolanda Garcia I purchased an XBOX gift card at a Walmart retail store, but when I tried to...

in XBoX on Windows
    Yolanda Garcia I purchased an XBOX gift card at a Walmart retail store, but when I tried to...: I am needing help with an XBOX GIFT CARD I RECENTLY PURCHASED AT A WALMART STORE IN SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS. WHEN I WENT TO USE IT, TURNED OUT THAT THE XBOX CARD HAD NOT BEEN AVTIVATED. I TOOK IT BACK...
  9. Does the Xbox One Day One digital share the same save as the normal version Retail

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does the Xbox One Day One digital share the same save as the normal version Retail: I was thinking about getting the new Sunset Overdrive Xbox One Bundle but my main problem is that i prefer getting the retail copies of games. (Call me old fashioned but nothing beats a physical...
  10. Dark Souls Digital/Gold Download Version Does Not Work With Retail Game Save

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dark Souls Digital/Gold Download Version Does Not Work With Retail Game Save: As the title state, the currently available Dark Souls digital download version for Gold members does not work with game saves from the retail disc version. I found this out because I originally...