Restrictions I cannot disable preventing me from playing a game I have access to.

Discus and support Restrictions I cannot disable preventing me from playing a game I have access to. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I am trying to install a game I have access to through xbox gamepass on pc. Every time I try I get hit with a popup saying it's above my restrictions.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Evan Billingsley, Feb 19, 2023.

1. Restrictions I cannot disable preventing me from playing a game I have access to.

I am trying to install a game I have access to through xbox gamepass on pc. Every time I try I get hit with a popup saying it's above my restrictions. I should have no restrictions. I am the only member of my family. Any time I try to manage content filters on my family account it links me to a support article that only tells me to manage my content filters. Not helpful in the slightest. The opposite actually, incredibly frustrating. Frankly this experience has made me wish for an option to opt out of Microsoft Family altogether. It is only causing me issues and I have no use for it. But I would happily settle with a resolution for my issue.

:)

Evan Billingsley, Feb 19, 2023
  2. Evan Billingsley Win User

Restrictions I cannot disable preventing me from playing a game I have access to.

Funny enough, after posting this reply the issue seems to have resolved itself. Thank you for the assistance.
  3. Rostom L Win User

Hi Evan! Sorry to hear about the issue. No worries, we will do our best now to get this sorted out.

May I know if your account was previously added to a Microsoft Family as a member before?

Please also confirm if you could visit your privacy settings here https://account.xbox.com/Settings. If it redirected you to a different page, you must be using a child account.
  4. Rostom L Win User

Perfect! I am glad that it's now working, Evan. Probably it just needed some time to refresh :)

Thanks for your patience and time here in our community. Take care! :)
  5. Evan Billingsley Win User

The link directed me to my privacy settings without issue, when I try and change my content access settings it links me to the Family page and I get put into the aforementioned loop with the support page. I have never been a member of a Microsoft Family, nor have I ever even attempted to use the service before encountering this issue.
  6. Heyyoguy123 Win User

Cant accept new Terms and Conditions

I can't even log in anymore, preventing me from properly playing on the Xbox, and restricting me from going online.
Thema:

1. Restrictions I cannot disable preventing me from playing a game I have access to. - Similar Threads - Restrictions cannot disable

2. Why is my Rewards app showing restrictions for not following rules when I barely use it?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is my Rewards app showing restrictions for not following rules when I barely use it?: So I have just tried going on to my Rewards app and a notification came up stating: 'Your Microsoft Rewards account isn't following the rules you agreed to when you joined the programme. Review...
  3. I can't redeem gift codes from my friend due to geo restriction.

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't redeem gift codes from my friend due to geo restriction.: Hello I sent payment for Powerwash DLC to my friend so that he would send dlc as gift codes to me. But, they don't work due to geo restriction. Can you help me redeem this codes for my account:...
  4. Why my game still shows voice chat restrictions but I haven't said anything bad

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why my game still shows voice chat restrictions but I haven't said anything bad: I don't really understand why it's still doing it. 9c098a46-b81d-4583-8c63-99ceac2718cc
  5. How can I factory reset my Xbox even with the restrictions in the way?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I factory reset my Xbox even with the restrictions in the way?: Hi, I just received a Second-hand Xbox from my friend (Xbox one s) and they had removed the accounts for me but on the Xbox they left the access restrictions where they restricted the ability to...
  6. If I remove my son from the family account so he doesn’t have any restrictions will this...

in XBoX Accessibility
    If I remove my son from the family account so he doesn’t have any restrictions will this...: My son is in our family account but I want to remove him as he keeps getting messages that he needs to ask for my permission to use chrome ??? If I remove him can he still use our Xbox account...
  7. Forza Horizon 4 NAT restricted (i did everything possible) cant sync data stuck at 0%

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forza Horizon 4 NAT restricted (i did everything possible) cant sync data stuck at 0%: 1. Teredo adapter: Typ : enterpriseclient (Group Policy) Servername : win10.ipv6.microsoft.com Clientaktual.-intervall : 30 Sekunden Clientport : unspecified (Group Policy) Status : qualified...
  8. Age restrictions on computer

in XBoX on Windows
    Age restrictions on computer: I keep getting age restrictions on x box from games i have previously played it but nether or my parents set the age restriction and it is stopping me from playing my games...
  9. What can you do when Microsoft wrongfully locks your account, restricting access to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What can you do when Microsoft wrongfully locks your account, restricting access to...: Hello Community, Dec 19th, my son's account was stolen using software that bypassed Microsoft security protocols. This was immediately reported to Microsoft via multiple avenues (live chat, and...
  10. How do I remove content restrictions from cloud gaming? I cannot locate anywhere to change...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I remove content restrictions from cloud gaming? I cannot locate anywhere to change...: How do I remove content restrictions from cloud gaming? I cannot locate anywhere to change it and I am the only member in the family app and can't find any setting for it as the internet searches...