RESTRICTED Auction House in FH5

Discus and support RESTRICTED Auction House in FH5 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have been communicating with Forza Motorsport for 6 weeks now and finally had a rep say they couldn't help if it was a privacy issue, as it wasn't... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TEC25, Jan 15, 2022.

1. TEC25
    TEC25 Guest

I have been communicating with Forza Motorsport for 6 weeks now and finally had a rep say they couldn't help if it was a privacy issue, as it wasn't technically a game issue, so I had to ask Xbox.

My son could access Auction House on FH4 just fine and his settings were the same when he got FH5. Yet it comes up with an error message when he goes to use it on the new game:

"Feature Locked. Access to user generated content is restricted by your profile privacy settings".

I have done endless searches on what to do and have figured to allow/ everyone all privacy settings through both the Xbox Live website and Xbox (including the recommended one “You can see and upload community creations” - set to “Everybody” - This option is under “Game content”). We have also set my son to be 18, which was another suggestion, but he still cant's see the auction house, he has logged in and out and rebooted the Xbox. I am at a loss as to what to do, he loved using Auction House in FH4 and is really upset he cannot use this feature.

(I am also really unhappy with being told I have to set his account to 18 to supposedly use the Auction house, I mean why is that necessary? He wasn't set as 18 to use Auction House on FH4 so I don't understand what the logic is there. Saying that, it didn't work anyway!)

If anyone has any insights or advice that would be great as we are banging our heads against brick walls in every direction! I can't seem to contact Xbox in any other way than this forum.

TIA

:)

TEC25, Jan 15, 2022
  2. Jesse E' Win User

No, it can't.

If it is a child account, allowing the privacy settings will remove the restrictions on the account normally
  3. TEC25 Win User

Hi there, Jesse.

Thanks for your reply.

I will try this later when the boys are back and let you know how we get on.

If we choose to keep games and apps, then will it still keep the progress?

Many thanks

Tec
  4. TEC25 Win User

Hi Jesse, so we did the factory reset and setup again but sadly it didn't work :(.

The only other thing I can think of is that its a child's account that's the problem.

Do you think that's possible?

Can progress in FH5 be transferred to a different adult gamertag?

Tec
  5. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Since you have already toggled on all the privacy settings, I'll suggest you try doing a factory reset keeping games and apps on your console. This will refresh the console and remove all potential bugs without deleting any game data.

- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

- Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

- Select Reset console.

- Choose Keep Games and Apps

Once that is done, you'll need to sign into the console using your Microsoft account credentials. If the issue is with your console, that should fix it.
  6. TEC25 Win User

Hi there, So it WORKED!!!!

I think it must have needed overnight to rethink itself as on Sunday when the boys went back in Auction House was available, on both their unrestricted child accounts! So the factory reset worked!

Thanks so much for your help. We all really appreciate it VERY VERY MUCH!!!

:)
Thema:

1. RESTRICTED Auction House in FH5 - Similar Threads - RESTRICTED Auction House

2. Why is my Rewards app showing restrictions for not following rules when I barely use it?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is my Rewards app showing restrictions for not following rules when I barely use it?: So I have just tried going on to my Rewards app and a notification came up stating: 'Your Microsoft Rewards account isn't following the rules you agreed to when you joined the programme. Review...
  3. I can't redeem gift codes from my friend due to geo restriction.

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't redeem gift codes from my friend due to geo restriction.: Hello I sent payment for Powerwash DLC to my friend so that he would send dlc as gift codes to me. But, they don't work due to geo restriction. Can you help me redeem this codes for my account:...
  4. Why my game still shows voice chat restrictions but I haven't said anything bad

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why my game still shows voice chat restrictions but I haven't said anything bad: I don't really understand why it's still doing it. 9c098a46-b81d-4583-8c63-99ceac2718cc
  5. How can I factory reset my Xbox even with the restrictions in the way?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I factory reset my Xbox even with the restrictions in the way?: Hi, I just received a Second-hand Xbox from my friend (Xbox one s) and they had removed the accounts for me but on the Xbox they left the access restrictions where they restricted the ability to...
  6. If I remove my son from the family account so he doesn’t have any restrictions will this...

in XBoX Accessibility
    If I remove my son from the family account so he doesn’t have any restrictions will this...: My son is in our family account but I want to remove him as he keeps getting messages that he needs to ask for my permission to use chrome ??? If I remove him can he still use our Xbox account...
  7. Forza Horizon 4 NAT restricted (i did everything possible) cant sync data stuck at 0%

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forza Horizon 4 NAT restricted (i did everything possible) cant sync data stuck at 0%: 1. Teredo adapter: Typ : enterpriseclient (Group Policy) Servername : win10.ipv6.microsoft.com Clientaktual.-intervall : 30 Sekunden Clientport : unspecified (Group Policy) Status : qualified...
  8. Age restrictions on computer

in XBoX on Windows
    Age restrictions on computer: I keep getting age restrictions on x box from games i have previously played it but nether or my parents set the age restriction and it is stopping me from playing my games...
  9. What can you do when Microsoft wrongfully locks your account, restricting access to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What can you do when Microsoft wrongfully locks your account, restricting access to...: Hello Community, Dec 19th, my son's account was stolen using software that bypassed Microsoft security protocols. This was immediately reported to Microsoft via multiple avenues (live chat, and...
  10. hi! every time i open forza horizon 5 my online and auction house and all that are restricted.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    hi! every time i open forza horizon 5 my online and auction house and all that are restricted.: im over 18 and i have put all the privacy setting to the neeeded option. the online only works if i go to the settings an apply them. then i quit forza and restart it so them work again....