Restore game data from PC in WGS Folder to 'deleted everywhere' xbox one gamepass game

Discus and support Restore game data from PC in WGS Folder to 'deleted everywhere' xbox one gamepass game in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, my game of Ark Survival Evolved from xbox gamepass crashed on the Xbox one. However, I had saved a backup of my game data for Ark Survival Evolved... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MarkHolmes8, Jan 23, 2023.

1. MarkHolmes8
    MarkHolmes8 Guest

Restore game data from PC in WGS Folder to 'deleted everywhere' xbox one gamepass game

Hi, my game of Ark Survival Evolved from xbox gamepass crashed on the Xbox one. However, I had saved a backup of my game data for Ark Survival Evolved by copying the WGS folder on my PC. I also kept it in a Json file separately. I "deleted everywhere" the saved data on my xbox one for Ark Survival evolved on my xbox one.

I thought I could simply replace the WGS folder on my pc to restore the game. However, I think as soon as it starts on my pc it "syncs" for some reason by deleting the replaced WGS folder and restarts the game from scratch.

I am absolutely devastated to lose all my hundreds of hours playing the game. Is there any way I can restore it from this WGS folder, or json file?

Many thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

:)

MarkHolmes8, Jan 23, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello MarkHolmes8, from your description, in addition to the console crash, the system did not upload the save to the Microsoft cloud.

On the console, you could try to start the game with the console in Offline mode to see if it assumes your console save, if that doesn't work, unfortunately, it won't be possible to redeem your progress.
  3. Mark Win User

FIXED.

I managed to find a workaround for anyone else that might have this problem but it's a little bit tricky.

First you need to have a backup of the WGS folder for this to work. If you want to find out where this is on your computer this might help:

https://www.h3xed.com/pc-gaming/ark-survival-evolved-save-game-settings-locations-xbox-pc-game-pass

It seems that Ark xbox gamepass version stores the saved files AND character profile in this folder. In it you will find a folder with a single letter, ignore that but the clue is it has a container.index file, which made me suspect that it was saving game details in "Containers" - this is key.

The other folder will have a long 'meaningless' code number but you will have the right folder if it has a Container number file at the bottom. You need this Container number eg. "container82" which is like the save version number of all your data, which is above it.

If you just cut and replace your WGS folder it will not work because you will be pasting an old container number file with a 'new' one. So when the current fresh game starts it will search for the new container file number and not find it and create a new empty folder with a new container number.

The workaround is to start your fresh game from scratch on your pc, including making a new character, dont worry about the characteristics of the new character it will be overwritten with your old character anyway. This new game is just to build a Container file in the background with a new container number file. All you need to do is play for a few minutes. Then close the game. Go to the WGS folder and find the new folder with a new container number. Let's say it is container102, for demonstration but it obviously depends on how many games, or something, you've played. Now replace your new folder, withcontainer102 at the bottom, with the old folder, say container82, BUT rename the container number at the bottom of the old file "container102", or whatever the new container number of your fresh game is. Then when the game looks for the latest container folder, it will find all your old data in that container. If that makes sense?

Play for a while on the PC version of your old game to make sure the data syncs on the cloud. and exit normally. When you go to the xbox one it MAY give you a message saying there are two versions of your saved data, but DON'T select to restore your old saved data, because the cloud thinks this is your fresh game. Select try syncing again. Mine said the sync was taking too long and didn't progress at first. So I went pack to the PC and played a little more, cut down a tree or something to make sure there was new data to sync. When I went back to the xbox now it synced like a dream to my old game and I could continue playing with all my XP, maps and tames back in place.

There might be an easier simpler way of doing this but at least this worked for me. I really wish the developers would allow you to save progress because it is very upsetting when you lose everything you have worked so hard for over days or weeks in an instant. But I know die hard enthusiats of ark will say "That's not the game, find another!" (And then use unofficial mods to make it the game THEY want!) But it is still truly the best game in the world.

I hope this helps anyone out there. And if you haven't done it already, make regular back-ups of your WGS folder just in case!

Happy gaming :)
  4. dempup Win User

Forza Horizon 4: Error E-47(invalid profile)

Hi Aleyoda05.

This solution has worked for some users

Open folder:

"C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_8wekyb3d8bbwe\SystemAppData\wgs"

Then in the "wgs" folder I found a "t" folder and a folder with a long name with digits. Delete or move elsewhere these 2 folders. Now the folder "wgs" is empty.

Log off your account in the Xbox app. Log in again. Run Forza Horizon 4 and wait for the servers to restore your data up to 100%. At the end of the process you'll find everything. At least this is
    what happened to me. I really hope these will be helpful for you all. Have a nice day :)

Hope that can solve your issue.
  5. jysummers Win User

Resident Evil 7 on Game Pass PC not allowing me to play due to not being able to create a save

Thank you for this @StevenVersteeg!

Deleting the file with the most recent date didn't worked for me. But I did some workaround.

I don't know if everything is the same in all machine but in my machine, there are 3 folders inside the
    wgs folder. Those are:

• 000901FE9E122F24_3137<remaining_28_hex_digits>
    • 000901FE9E122F24_E70C<remaining_28_hex_digits>
    • t

Let us call these folders, "data folders".

Create a folder in Desktop and name it "backup folder".

These are the steps on how I fix my data:

1. Copy the "data folders" into "backup folder". This will serve as the backup.
    2. Delete the "data folders".
    3. Start the game. Since we deleted the "data folders", it will sync from cloud. New folders with same names will be created.
    4. The game will notify that "No saved data exists" and will ask if you want to Create ave data. Select
      "Yes".
    5. Continue with game configuration and Start a New Game.
    6. Once the auto-save triggered, exit the game.
    7. Delete the contents in each folder of "data folders".
    8. Copy the folders from "backup folder" and paste it in
      wgs
      folder. Select "Replace the file in the destination" if the system asks.
    9. Start the game again.
    10. Upon syncing, it will detect that the cloud files are different from the local files and will ask you which one to use: the older (cloud files) or the newer (the local files). Choose the
      older (cloud files).
    11. The data is back.

As a warning, though: some unlocked features, unlocked items, and stats might reset. In my case, I lost the option to play new Madhouse game. The stats for Mr. Everywhere also went back to 0/20. Luckily, I still have the
    Albert-01R and The Secrets of Defense.
  6. dempup Win User

Invalid profile on forza horizon 4.

Hi Cold Fusion.

This solution has worked for some users

Open folder:

"C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_8wekyb3d8bbwe\SystemAppData\wgs"

Then in the "wgs" folder I found a "t" folder and a folder with a long name with digits. Delete or move elsewhere these 2 folders. Now the folder "wgs" is empty.

Log off your account in the Xbox app. Log in again. Run Forza Horizon 4 and wait for the servers to restore your data up to 100%. At the end of the process you'll find everything. At least this is what happened to me. I really hope these will be helpful
    for you all. Have a nice day :)

Hope that can solve your issue.
Thema:

1. Restore game data from PC in WGS Folder to 'deleted everywhere' xbox one gamepass game - Similar Threads - Restore game data

2. How do I restore a game clip

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I restore a game clip: My friend saw Mt favorite clip and thought it would be funny to delete it so he did and I was wondering if I can restore It 57249625-ce61-4ec7-9b79-ced2bb8e7e49
  3. Restore automatic clip upload from Xbox Game Bar on Windows 11 to Xbox Live

in XBoX on Windows
    Restore automatic clip upload from Xbox Game Bar on Windows 11 to Xbox Live: As a user that records clips when playing video games in Windows 11 using the Xbox Bar, I want my clips to be automatically uploaded to the Xbox Live network AS THEY USED TO, so that they are...
  4. Is there any way to restore a cloud save for a game that is corrupted?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there any way to restore a cloud save for a game that is corrupted?: Hi noted my game file was corrupted after a patch update. Is there a way for me to retrieve an old cloud save for xbox PC? Game in question is Remnant 2 f6557681-f382-49da-9624-931e9e78e9a2
  5. accidentally deleted save game file, how do i restore it? I deleted it from everywhere not...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    accidentally deleted save game file, how do i restore it? I deleted it from everywhere not...: how to restore game file after its been deleted from everywhere on the console. 16d507d7-b869-4271-afa1-4bfd30007e5d
  6. Is there any way to restore a cloud save for a game that was accidentally overwritten?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there any way to restore a cloud save for a game that was accidentally overwritten?: My son has been playing Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga. Today, he accidentally overwrote the save file that he has tons of hours on. Is there any way for us to restore a cloud save to a prior...
  7. Starfield Save Games Missing/Lost (then restored) - GamePass SF Save Games location?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield Save Games Missing/Lost (then restored) - GamePass SF Save Games location?: EDIT: After running Xbox App repair on Starfield, redownloading 113+ GB, my save games are back!!!! Still not sure where save game files are located. I would VERY much like to backup my saves...
  8. Please help. Restore an old game saving from cloud X-Box Ultimate

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please help. Restore an old game saving from cloud X-Box Ultimate: Hi, i´m playing with my 11 year old daughter. Mostly i play on my xbox series-x. But when she is visiting me every 2 weekends she plays on the xbox series x and i play on the notebook. We...
  9. Can I restore game saves on my local Xbox One?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I restore game saves on my local Xbox One?: Problem: Is there any way to restore local Xbox One hard drive contents? Contents which have NOT been synced to the cloud. Background: About 6 months ago, I changed my internet provider. I didn't...
  10. Accidentally deleted game data from everywhere is their a way to restore it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Accidentally deleted game data from everywhere is their a way to restore it: Accidentally deleted game data from everywhere is their a way to restore it 60c69cf7-e566-49fc-985a-e6ba5f09ed66