"Restart Console" has a confirmation prompt, but "Turn off Console" doesn't. Why?

Discus and support "Restart Console" has a confirmation prompt, but "Turn off Console" doesn't. Why? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I was playing a game the other day, and brought up the magnifier to zoom in to read some small text on the screen. As I did this, my wife pressed "Up"... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/o_Zion_o, Oct 25, 2021.

1. /u/o_Zion_o
    /u/o_Zion_o Guest

"Restart Console" has a confirmation prompt, but "Turn off Console" doesn't. Why?

I was playing a game the other day, and brought up the magnifier to zoom in to read some small text on the screen.

As I did this, my wife pressed "Up" and "A" on her controller and it shutdown the system, with no prompt.

1) why can controllers other than the controller that opened the power menu with the Xbox button control the menu?

2) why does the restart option prompt for confirmation, but the turn off option doesn't?

3) We lost an hour of progress on a co-op game we were playing due to this.

Team Xbox, can you please add a confirmation prompt to "turn off" please? It needs one and I can't see any reason why restart gets the prompt, but the power option does not.

I also feel like only the controller that pressed the Xbox button should be able to select options in the menu.

Thank you.

submitted by /u/o_Zion_o
    [link] [comments]

/u/o_Zion_o, Oct 25, 2021
  2. DangerousBard Win User

Console freezes

Try this: Disconnect the HDD or USB flash drives

Turn off your Xbox console.

Unplug the HDD or USB flash drives attached to your console.

Turn on your console.

Turn it off again and plug in the HDD or USB flash drives

Turn on the console and try playing the game.

If that doesn't help clear your console cache:

Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.

Select Storage or Memory.

Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller. (It doesn't matter which storage device you select; the cache will be cleared for all storage devices.)

Select Clear System Cache.

When prompted to confirm storage device maintenance, select Yes
  3. DeltaSnipezor Win User

Why Do I Have To Reset My Console?

If I launch the game there is not a prompt, if I restart the console by holding the power button off for 10seconds and launch it, then I get the prompt.

So the whole problem is, why do I need to reset my entire console everytime to know if there is an update.
  4. Kenny H. Win User

Can't Uninstall Anything

Hey there. If you haven't already, try a full reboot. Open the Guide, go down to the Settings tab, then Restart console. If that doesn't help, in Settings, Turn off console. When it turns off, unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

Turned off console while wireless was restarting

Hi MCFISTEE,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to help.

Are you referring to your wireless home network that was restarting?

If the console is no longer powering on, then you need to power cycle the console. Unplug the power cable from the Xbox and from the wall outlet and leave it unplugged for about 5 minutes. Then plug it back in and power it on from the console. Try different
    outlets if the console cannot power on.
  6. Kenny H. Win User

Netflix App On Xbox One

Hey there. Try going to the guide, then down to the settings tab, then Restart console. If that doesn't help, go to Turn off console instead, then unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes.
Thema:

1. "Restart Console" has a confirmation prompt, but "Turn off Console" doesn't. Why? - Similar Threads - Restart Console has

2. YouTube keeps restarting my Xbox series s. How can I fix this?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    YouTube keeps restarting my Xbox series s. How can I fix this?: So about 3-4 days ago I came home and turned on my Xbox and went to YouTube. A few seconds after just launching the app, my Xbox shut down. I tried it a few times, soft reset my Xbox, and...
  3. My suspension was supposed to lift today at 4:22 but it didn't restarted my console...

in XBoX on Windows
    My suspension was supposed to lift today at 4:22 but it didn't restarted my console...: My suspension was supposed to lift today at 4:22 but it still isn't working I have unplugged my console also restarted it can someone sort it out or help me im desperate really....
  4. Xbox doesn’t want to connect to wifi until I restart the console

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox doesn’t want to connect to wifi until I restart the console: Router / mesh system is a tp link deco XE75 Sometimes the console gets turned on, it doesn’t want to connect to the wifi, sometimes it doesn’t even pick up any wifi networks but if it does pick...
  5. Fix ur console, doesn’t let me connect back to internet after I restart Xbox.

in XboX Insiders
    Fix ur console, doesn’t let me connect back to internet after I restart Xbox.: This has been going on for a year too long. Y’all need to fix this bs. submitted by /u/Cman4298 [link] [comments]
  6. Wired Connection Issues After Restarting Console

in XboX Insiders
    Wired Connection Issues After Restarting Console: Why do I always have to manually type my IP address after restarting my Series X? It’s never worked automatically for as long as I’ve owned the console. submitted by /u/dval561 [link] [comments]
  7. I have an update for my Xbox x that gets to the console will restart during the update but...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an update for my Xbox x that gets to the console will restart during the update but...: My Xbox series x has a system update that gets to the console will restart during the update and doesn’t restart I press the Xbox button to turn it on and after 5 seconds it just turns off and the...
  8. My Xbox One disconnects from Xbox live when I restart the console

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox One disconnects from Xbox live when I restart the console: My Xbox One disconnects from Xbox live almost every time when I restart the console. I'm connected to the internet with a cable. I've tried restarting the console again and it didn't help. Also...
  9. When I play some games, they sometimes freeze and require the console to be restarted, How...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When I play some games, they sometimes freeze and require the console to be restarted, How...: When I play some games, they sometimes freeze and require the console to be restarted, How can I resolve this. 6851b925-d7f9-43eb-b3ad-11e1d0e04e04
  10. Console restart and lack of input registry

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console restart and lack of input registry: I just restarted my console for a moment And now the controller inputs are completely inactive. They do nothing but jump back and for constantly, never allowing me to access my library. This...