Resources stuck downloading when downloading a pack

Discus and support Resources stuck downloading when downloading a pack in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When I try to join my friends world who has packs on it gets stuck like at 20.4 when downloading the packs and just stays their and stayed there for 30... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Bryson Loudermilk, Jun 9, 2023.

1. Resources stuck downloading when downloading a pack

When I try to join my friends world who has packs on it gets stuck like at 20.4 when downloading the packs and just stays their and stayed there for 30 minutes, I tried re opening Minecraft on my Xbox and it did the same thing

:)

Bryson Loudermilk, Jun 9, 2023
  2. Bryson Loudermilk Win User

sorry for the very late response, it helped and I’ve done this when it doesn’t work
  3. OpticRJames Win User

Hi, Bryson. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Please try the following steps one at a time to resolve the issue:

Solution 1: Do a power cycle to clear the cache of the console

1. Turn off the Xbox console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.

2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.

4, Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox console.

Solution 2: Check for any pending game updates.

Go to “My Apps & Games”, select Minecraft, and press the more options button. From the list, select “Manage game & add-ons” and then “Updates”. Any updates will be available here.

Solution 3: Try to uninstall and reinstall the game.

Solution 4: Do a factory reset

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Select System > Settings > System > Console info.

3. Select Reset console.

4. Reset and keep my games & apps.
  4. andersonpassos Win User

When I try to open an Minecraft texture pack it opens Microsoft edge and downloads it again

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good evening

The reason for this is that Minecraft texture packs are usually downloaded as .zip or .rar files, not .jar files. It's possible that the file you downloaded is not actually a texture pack, or that it was downloaded incorrectly.

To open a Minecraft texture pack in the Java edition, you should follow these steps:

Download the texture pack from a trusted website, such as the official Minecraft website or a reputable modding website.

Once the file has downloaded, open the Minecraft launcher and click on "Options" and then "Resource Packs".

Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". This will open the folder where your Minecraft resource packs are stored.

Move the downloaded texture pack file into the folder.

In the Minecraft launcher, click on "Done" and then go back to the "Resource Packs" section.

You should now see the new texture pack in the list of available resource packs. Click on it to select it, and then click "Done".

The texture pack should now be applied to your game.
  5. IamJustinAaron Win User

skin is not working

Hello Restart your Minecraft client and the issue should be fixed. If not, try another version of
    Minecraft.

• When you join a lobby that requires a resource pack, it does not automatically download the pack and /resource does not work for you.
    • When you join a lobby that requires a resource pack and it says "Attempting to send you the resource pack", but you never end up downloading the resource pack.
    • If you know how to get to your folder already, skip to step 4. If not, start by going to "Options" in your Minecraft home screen.
    • Then go to your "Resource Packs...".
    • Then go to "Open resource pack folder".
    • Now click on the ".minecraft" in the address bar of your Folder Explorer.
    • You should now see a list of folders, find the one called "server-resource-packs" and go into it.
    • If you can't find this folder, then right click in an empty area of your Folder Explorer and click "New", then "Folder". Name your new folder "server-resource-packs". This should fix your issue, you can stop here.
    • And once in the folder, delete everything in the folder.
  6. XBF George L Win User

Resource pack failing to download

Thema:

1. Resources stuck downloading when downloading a pack - Similar Threads - Resources stuck downloading

2. I can't download my friend's map resource packs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't download my friend's map resource packs: When I go to enter my friend's world, I need to download the addons, because we love playing with addons, but when I go to download, the download bar stops at a specific moment, like: 38.9/42.8...
  3. Am I able to get my resource packs back?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Am I able to get my resource packs back?: I got a new PS4 and I transferred Minecraft from the external hard drive to the new console and when I started it back up, it had none of the resource packs I had bought or the skins and I had...
  4. How to fix resource pack error on ps4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix resource pack error on ps4: I have this error where every time I try to join a Minecraft server that has me downloading resource packs it brings up this error that says “Error while downloading packs from server. Please try...
  5. How to uninstall lunar resource pack

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to uninstall lunar resource pack: I downloaded a resource pack that made my minecraft look better but now minecraft is in a state where it won't do anything no buttons work except the exit button btw I am on mac if it helps. I...
  6. My global resources texture packs won't load on Minecraft on my ipad

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My global resources texture packs won't load on Minecraft on my ipad: My global resources won't load on Minecraft on my iPad. I have tried restarting the game and my devise. Making sure everything is up to date. Even uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Also brought...
  7. I bought a resource pack that i thought included rtx. but its only a texture change. is it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought a resource pack that i thought included rtx. but its only a texture change. is it...: I bought a resource pack that i thought included rtx. but its only a texture change. is it possible for a refund ? e35db996-6f42-435f-b50e-98cb97528b17
  8. resource packs not loading

in XBoX Games and Apps
    resource packs not loading: When I try to join my friends world who has packs on it gets stuck when downloading the packs and just stays very close the the end pf the download. I tried re-opening Minecraft on my PS5 and it...
  9. I was getting some resource packs for minecraft on my xbox Series X and I went back to my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I was getting some resource packs for minecraft on my xbox Series X and I went back to my...: I was getting some resource packs for minecraft on my xbox Series X though Expansion for Explorer and I went back to my main Minecraft world but the progress went back to 2 weeks ago any fixes?...
  10. Can I share hardware resources between xbox and windows PC?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I share hardware resources between xbox and windows PC?: I've talked to a few technicians about it, but I wanted to see if maybe I can get help from here as well. I have a older Xbox 1s that I don't play all too often but don't want to sell, so what I...