[Resolved] [Xbox App] "This location isn't set up for installing games."

Discus and support [Resolved] [Xbox App] "This location isn't set up for installing games." in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Whenever I try to install a game through the Xbox app I always get the same error: "This location isn't set up for installing games." Although,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by zenrea (funny guy), Sep 13, 2022.

1. [Resolved] [Xbox App] "This location isn't set up for installing games."

Whenever I try to install a game through the Xbox app I always get the same error: "This location isn't set up for installing games." Although, Whenever I go into "Set it as your location for where new apps are saved", My drive is already selected, My computer only has one drive and it's C:, So I have no idea why I am getting this error, Help needed!

[SOLUTION FOUND]

:)

zenrea (funny guy), Sep 13, 2022
  2. Maxime Levra-Juillet Win User

Hi there, I recently had this issue and found a fix, so hopefully this will help anyone who comes to this thread for help.

When I was digging around for solutions, I noticed that when I went to my xbox app on pc, and then to settings > general, at the top, there was a notification telling me that I had to download "Gaming dependencies" for certain games to work, and that this required admin approval. Seemingly unrelated to our issue, but I decided to download the dependencies anyway.

Well, that fixed it. As soon as the download was finished, I stopped getting the error message that my C: drive wasn't set up for installing games. Hope this helps!
  3. ITz just me7288 Win User

for me it has the same issue but it doesnt show me what i need to download to play my games
  4. VolStone Win User

Thanks so much! Just set up a fresh build and stumbled upon this. First time ever. Worked perfect!
  5. QueDibbz Win User

This is the ONLY thing that has worked for me. THANK YOU. I have no options to update "game services" my pc is fully updated on windows 10, xbox app is fully updated. But yea downloading from the microsoft store worked.
  6. Leo Alexander Win User

I had this issue and resolved it by going into the Microsoft Store and updating the 'Game Services' app.
Thema:

1. [Resolved] [Xbox App] "This location isn't set up for installing games." - Similar Threads - Resolved App location

2. Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...: I had an old installation of windows on this computer. I recently reinstalled windows. The folders on the old drive have some permissions issue. I have my new windows setup and working find on...
  3. Issue resolved for latest PC app update (2/23/24)

in XboX Insiders
    Issue resolved for latest PC app update (2/23/24): You will need to use the gaming services repair tool to fix the issue. As I just updated it last night (2/22/24) and the next time I went to launch the same game I had been playing for the last 12...
  4. why cant i call a person at microsoft to resolve an issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    why cant i call a person at microsoft to resolve an issue: i want to talk to a person at microsoft to resolve an issue 283c568e-4777-4781-be62-1b34f299cb27
  5. How to resolve login issue on Xbox 360 game?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to resolve login issue on Xbox 360 game?: Okay, let me see if I can get this all straight... I have been working on the digital Xbox 360 version of Watch Dogs for a couple weeks. Besides the issues with Ubisoft's servers themselves, I...
  6. When will audio issues for Xbox Series X/S streaming apps be resolved permanently?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When will audio issues for Xbox Series X/S streaming apps be resolved permanently?: I admit I'm a little more than frustrated about this but I find it completely absurd this is still a problem with a powerhouse such as Microsoft. It has somehow also gotten worse over time. I'm...
  7. sedy used wi.I would ilthis issue is resolved. pld really like this issue resolved if you...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    sedy used wi.I would ilthis issue is resolved. pld really like this issue resolved if you...: my microsoft flight simulator is giving me a warning. that reads. this xbox live account is already used with another steam account on microsoft flight simulator. you will not have access to...
  8. How do I resolve this issue? Loading screen.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I resolve this issue? Loading screen.: I am playing Halo wars definitive edition on my PC and , it lets me launch my game but whenever I press start I get stuck on a loading screen that reads " Loading your profiles storage" I have...
  9. How to resolve 0x80190193 error code on PC(Win11)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to resolve 0x80190193 error code on PC(Win11): Error code occurs partway through downloading games through the xbox app on PC(Win11). 9b327c7f-b702-4bf7-acb6-fd2069297a28
  10. Xbox App is stuck and won't resolve points

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App is stuck and won't resolve points: I play GPU via PC, and the Xbox mobile app has for the last 3 days been stuck on the Earn Rewards page. Play with Friends on PC has been on 100% since, and doesn't resolve into points, and at the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox app this location isnt set up