Resolution stuck on 640x480

Discus and support Resolution stuck on 640x480 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My xbox was working great until about a week ago I turned it on like normal and the screen was just black so I tried just turning it off and back on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ZachS_1, Dec 22, 2021.

1. ZachS_1
    ZachS_1 Guest

My xbox was working great until about a week ago I turned it on like normal and the screen was just black so I tried just turning it off and back on still nothing finally got it on by going to the lowest resolution now that's all I can get it on if I try to change it the screen just goes black again and about 30 seconds later it turns back on using the 640x480 i have tried different hdmi cords different tvs soft reset factory rest and still not working any ideas how to fix it

:)

ZachS_1, Dec 22, 2021
  2. Boom B00M Boom Win User

Xbox One S is stuck in 640x480 resolution mode. Date 9/21/19

3. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Hi there Zach welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. Unfortunately, this is one of the symptoms of HDD issues with the consoles, try the reset but like this:

1. Turn off your Xbox using the power button on the console.

2. Once your Xbox has completely powered down, unplug the power cord from the back of the console. Don't simply unplug the cord from the wall's electrical socket — it must be disconnected from your Xbox.

3. Wait for 5 minutes, and then reconnect the power cord to both the Xbox console and the electrical socket.

4. Let another minute pass.

5.-Press the Bind and Eject buttons, and hold those buttons to keep them pressed.

6.-Then, with the Bind and Eject buttons held, press the Xbox button.

7.-Let go the Bind and Eject buttons after the second power-up tone.

8.-Thereafter, the Xbox One should start up at the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter.

9.-Select Reset and keep my games and apps.
  4. SammyVS Win User

Xbox stuck in 640x480 resolution.

5. trox4 Win User

Already tried this sadly did not work, the cable works just fine as it works for my xbox 360 but for some reason my xbox one refuses to go into 1080p
  6. SammyVS Win User

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

Press and hold your console's power button until the console turns off, remove the power cord and HDMI cable for 1 minute. Then turn on the console, follow this path and change your console resolution.

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings.

Under General, select TV & display options.

Select Resolution, and then select the best resolution for your TV (either 720p, 1080p, or 4K UHD).

Also, try changing the HDMI cable you are using and your TV's HDMI port.
Thema:

1. Resolution stuck on 640x480 - Similar Threads - Resolution stuck 640x480

2. Do I Need A Xbox Series X or S To Have 4K Resolution At 120hz?

in XBoX on Windows
    Do I Need A Xbox Series X or S To Have 4K Resolution At 120hz?: This is my TV: TCL 85-Inch Q6 QLED 4K Smart TV with Google TV, Streaming UHD, Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos, HDR Pro+, Game Accelerator Enhanced Gaming, Voice Remote, Compatible with Alexa (85Q650G,...
  3. my xbox series x starts in 480 × 640 resolution and there is no option to change it

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox series x starts in 480 × 640 resolution and there is no option to change it: So my xbox series x starts in 480 × 640 resolution and there is no option to change it out of this resolution only started happening after recent system update I haven't changed anything same tv...
  4. Game Bar recording games in the wrong resolution

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Bar recording games in the wrong resolution: Sometimes, when playing a game in full screen, I will use the Capture button on my Xbox controller or use Windows Key + G to open game bar and record a clip, but when I look at the clip...
  5. What do I need to achieve 4k Resolution @ 120Hz

in XBoX on Windows
    What do I need to achieve 4k Resolution @ 120Hz: What do I need to achieve 4k Resolution @ 120Hz? It currently says to me that my TV setup doesn't support 4k@120Hz. What about my TV setup do I need to change? 762e6b27-915d-412c-af60-03b79c7f7302
  6. Hi my xbox one s resolution stuck on 640 x 480 and not changed to other resolution

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi my xbox one s resolution stuck on 640 x 480 and not changed to other resolution: Hi my xbox one s resolution stuck on 640 x 480 LOW resolution and not changed to 1080 p OR 4K UHD OR 720 p OR 1440 P HELP ME FOR resolution problem on xbox one s 96e51b04-9c91-4f89-ab0c-3d243466feda
  7. Xbox Lowest Resolution upon start up

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Lowest Resolution upon start up: So I’m wondering if b/c I’m part of the Xbox insiders program that randomly when I boot my series X up my display resolution is at 480p and takes restarting my Xbox a couple/ few times (2...
  8. Xbox Series X wont hard reset or go into low resolution mode

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X wont hard reset or go into low resolution mode: I have switched hdmi cords, everything. Console still won't get recognized by the TV. Troubleshoot on the TV(Samsung Smart TV) and says it's an issue with the hdmi cords, but I've even used the...
  9. Xbox one s is stuck on 640x480 resolution and I’ve tried everything I’ve seen online. Is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s is stuck on 640x480 resolution and I’ve tried everything I’ve seen online. Is...: Tried looking for solutions online and everything I’ve seen hasn’t been able to work. When I change the aspect ratio on the tv and monitor to zoom it will fit but it stays blurry. Only reason I...
  10. How do I fix my xbox's resolution stuck in 640 x 480

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix my xbox's resolution stuck in 640 x 480: After I unplugged and moved my xbox one and the same tv I have been using it with for months, the resolution became stuck in 640x480 and I'm not sure how to fix it because thats the only option it...