Resetting the Xbox One to factor defaults

Discus and support Resetting the Xbox One to factor defaults in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I'm wondering if its possible to require a passkey, or password to reset the Xbox One to factory settings. Any help would be great, thanks!... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by YungSaltyLips, Dec 24, 2015.

1. Resetting the Xbox One to factor defaults

Hello, I'm wondering if its possible to require a passkey, or password to reset the Xbox One to factory settings. Any help would be great, thanks!

:)

YungSaltyLips, Dec 24, 2015
  2. pvr999
    pvr999 Guest
    Xbox One X doesn't recognize any headsets

I followed the process for resetting the console to the factor defaults and it did not fix the problem. I would like to send the Xbox in for repair. Please advise how to go about that.

Thanks..

pvr999, Dec 24, 2015
  3. raigraphixs
    raigraphixs Guest
    raigraphixs, Dec 24, 2015
  4. Resetting the Xbox One to factor defaults

Hi YungSaityLips,

Unfortunately, there's no option like that you could add. The passkey only works for accessing the account itself and the purchases. So anyone who turns on the console can restore the console to factory settings anytime.

SingCongButas25, Dec 24, 2015
  5. SingCongButas25 Win User

Hi YungSaityLips,

Unfortunately, there's no option like that you could add. The passkey only works for accessing the account itself and the purchases. So anyone who turns on the console can restore the console to factory settings anytime.
  6. Anorexic Dwarf Win User

System Error Code E102 xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

7. pvr999 Win User

Xbox One X doesn't recognize any headsets

I followed the process for resetting the console to the factor defaults and it did not fix the problem. I would like to send the Xbox in for repair. Please advise how to go about that.

Thanks..
  8. XBF Brad A Win User

Xbox One Reset to default

Hi John,

Thanks for coming to the forums. We recommend doing a
    full factory reset
    . When following the guide select reset and delete everything. This will remove all games apps, accounts that the relative had on the console. You can also follow the

set up a family so you create your son his own account.

Thanks,

Brad
  9. Wishcatcher Win User

Xbox One Reset to default

Hi,

When the factory reset will be done, all will be as new Xbox , you will be able to add your account and add your son as child account ( go to https://account.microsoft.com/family/
    ) to set it as your child.

About original dvd as you have the disc now , you are the owner...

Regards
Thema:

1. Resetting the Xbox One to factor defaults - Similar Threads - Resetting factor defaults

2. Explorer.exe seem reset itself while playing game after having freezing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Explorer.exe seem reset itself while playing game after having freezing: It's a little confusing how I explain it, but I'll explain what I can, so this is how every time I play games that are considered heavy, such as COD Modern Warfare 2019, Ghost of Tsushima, and...
  3. Inverse ghosting after pc reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Inverse ghosting after pc reset: [img] does anyone has a solution for this? I have overdrive on the monitor & freesync on but can’t find other solutions for this and all my drivers are up to date also I am noticing that it is...
  4. Reset Series X Console, Error code 0x87DD0016

in XBoX on Consoles
    Reset Series X Console, Error code 0x87DD0016: Xbox was connected to Internet (checked as its all good)but no Apps or games would work. Tried all the usual power off/on for console and router, still nothing. All other devices were working fine...
  5. how do I reset the password for an old account that I cant access anymore

in XBoX Accessibility
    how do I reset the password for an old account that I cant access anymore: I have not really cared about this account for a long time until now but I have been trying for hours on the recovery account I have the email if you want to find out the information but since it...
  6. When doing the offline system update (OSU1) Will it factory reset on its own? If so, does...

in XBoX on Windows
    When doing the offline system update (OSU1) Will it factory reset on its own? If so, does...: I still am wondering about this E106 thing and I am just making sure that I do not want to erase my data from games. But my real question is if I do the OSU1, Will it factory reset on its own and...
  7. How to reset an Xbox series s without the PIN

in XboX Insiders
    How to reset an Xbox series s without the PIN: Just bought an Xbox off of marketplace and need help resetting it please submitted by /u/ConsequenceWild [link] [comments]
  8. Why do I have to factor reset my Xbox for it to work?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I have to factor reset my Xbox for it to work?: My Xbox one has been having a lot of issues with games the past year/year and a half. No matter what we do to it like restarted and unplugging, hard restart, or anything like clearing cache. The...
  9. Xbox preview factor reset my xbox to update but can’t update due to error codes

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox preview factor reset my xbox to update but can’t update due to error codes: So I joined the preview for the Xbox on the insider app not to long ago, it was working fine til later in the night… (Story) My Xbox crashed while playing halo mcc (the Xbox one X, and the first...
  10. error msg E203 00000803 80073CF6 - factor reset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    error msg E203 00000803 80073CF6 - factor reset?: During update I got error msg E203 00000803 80073CF6 . Used diagnostic tool with no avail. What can I do? Maybe factory reset, but what would happen to all the games I've purchased (e.g. fifa )...