Requesting a refund on a game gifted to my friend not knowing the game was exclusive to...

Discus and support Requesting a refund on a game gifted to my friend not knowing the game was exclusive to... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought the new Star Wars Jedi Survivor for my friend as a gift and sent him the code, not knowing it was only available for the Series X/S. He only... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by gooeymiddle, May 2, 2023.

1. gooeymiddle
    gooeymiddle Guest

Requesting a refund on a game gifted to my friend not knowing the game was exclusive to...

I bought the new Star Wars Jedi Survivor for my friend as a gift and sent him the code, not knowing it was only available for the Series X/S. He only has an Xbox One and when he redeemed the code, we saw a message that he couldn’t install the game because all he has is an Xbox One.

I called customer support and they said they couldn’t process refunds over the phone and that I had to request a refund through xbox.com/refund. I went to do that and the game isn’t available for a refund yet because either it takes a few hours to show up in your order history and to request a refund or because he already tried redeemed the code.

Is there anything I can do to get a refund? It wasn’t clear at all that it was only available for the series X/S and he’s not able to play the game at all. I’d love my money back to get him something else.

:)

gooeymiddle, May 2, 2023
  2. Smwutches Win User

Incorrect Purchased

3. Georges C. Win User

I gifted my friend the wrong version of a game.

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Nathan, You can request a refund for the game you bought as a gift for your friend, however in order for you to be eligible for a refund, the game must not have been redeemed by your friend.

Refund

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/forms/request-a-...
  4. Njal the Blue Win User

A friend bought me a game but I can't use the code

Unfortunately you can't gift games if your friend lives in a different country. He will have to either gift to another friend in the US or request a refund. It does state at purchase that gifting is only available in the same country.
  5. NeoDan123 Win User

Wrong region code

If your friend bought the game as a gift through the Xbox Store he can request a refund.

Seeing as the gifting of games etc is region locked you wont be able to play the game that was gifted if you are in a different region as the purchaser/gifter.
  6. Smwutches Win User

Game refund

Thema:

1. Requesting a refund on a game gifted to my friend not knowing the game was exclusive to... - Similar Threads - Requesting refund game

2. I requested a refund for a game and it says approved but I still haven't gotten my money back

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I requested a refund for a game and it says approved but I still haven't gotten my money back: The game was battlefront 2 f4a8c729-de28-41cb-a022-a541bb13bf22
  3. Digital game refund request denied

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Digital game refund request denied: I bought a digital game yesterday ABs requested a refund today but was declined as they say I played it so can’t get a refund. That’s bull, right? The site says it has to be less than 30 days ago...
  4. Hi xbox comunity, I want to refund a game and they declined my request because they said...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi xbox comunity, I want to refund a game and they declined my request because they said...: They won t let me refund my game because I entered the game ONCE ( I had to enter so I can see what s all about, if it s working, etc, duhhhhh) As i said, the game is performing very bad and I...
  5. Bought game a week ago and I'm unable to request a refund

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought game a week ago and I'm unable to request a refund: Bought game a week ago and I'm unable to request a refund. I purchased minecraft a few years ago but my son really wanted Java. So I purchased through my account to install on his PC but now I...
  6. I brought a game by mistake and request a refund.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I brought a game by mistake and request a refund.: I brought a game by mistake and request a refund 3eef2526-767a-46c6-880d-a5c5f7d0df10
  7. Can I request refunds for different editions of the same game? I bought a game and it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I request refunds for different editions of the same game? I bought a game and it...: I bought the game “The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt” and it didn't work properly, it kept loading infinitely, so I asked for a refund and got it. Then I found the edition "The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt...
  8. Refund Request for Game Pass Purchase

in XBoX on Windows
    Refund Request for Game Pass Purchase: Both the xbox app and gamepass for whatever reason has decided not to work this month, so I'd like to request a refund for this months purchase. I cant make a ticket online because it doesn't...
  9. How do you request a refund for xbox one games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do you request a refund for xbox one games: How can I request a refund on xbox one games 8cfdeb63-458f-445c-a03d-1cf3b7f1a39b
  10. Charged 4 Times, No Game Received Despite 1 Receipt For 1 Charge. Full Refund Request.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Charged 4 Times, No Game Received Despite 1 Receipt For 1 Charge. Full Refund Request.: I have been charged four times. Twice for one game, which I tried to pay for twice after being told the transaction did not go through. Then I tried to pay for another game once and was charged...