Request to Release new set of inactive gamertags

Discus and support Request to Release new set of inactive gamertags in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Please release new inactive gamertags in order for me to be able to get my desired gamertag that is already linked to an inactive account. I wish to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by whatkins, Aug 4, 2021.

1. whatkins
    whatkins Guest

Please release new inactive gamertags in order for me to be able to get my desired gamertag that is already linked to an inactive account. I wish to have " " to be reserved under my account in order for to have it once available.

:)

whatkins, Aug 4, 2021
  2. Daft Badger Win User

Well, am i able to change my gamertag to whatkins. They have been inavtive for 8 years + and you said that after 5 years they become available or something along those lines. How could i change my gamertag to this.
    You have no way of knowing if the tag has been inactive for 8+ years.

Like i said,gamertags are not just used on xbox live so just because a gamertag has no activity on xbox live does not mean it isn't being used somewhere else in the system.

The 5 year rule started at the end of August 2016 so it hasn't quite been 5 years yet.
  3. Daft Badger Win User

You can not "reserve" a gamertag.

Gamertags are used on other services,not just xbox live,so you have no way of knowing whether a gamertag is in use or not.

Due to the new (ish) system that is in place there will be no more mass releases of inactive tags.

As of August 2016 if a gamertag is not used on any of Microsoft services for 5 years then it may be freed up & as of August 2019 if the account that a gamertag is linked to does not sign into any of Microsoft services for 2 years then the tag may be freed up.

The earliest any unused tag may be freed up is the end of this month (Aug 2021) so you will have to keep checking then.

If not then you can have the desired gamertag with a hashtag & numbers after it.
  4. Daft Badger Win User

Yeah,unfortunatley it's something that has been going on for years.
  5. Smwutches Win User

You can change your gamertag to that now, but since it's still in use on the servers, you'll be given a suffix.
  6. whatkins Win User

Well, am i able to change my gamertag to . They have been inavtive for 8 years + and you said that after 5 years they become available or something along those lines. How could i change my gamertag to this.
Thema:

1. Request to Release new set of inactive gamertags - Similar Threads - Request Release set

2. Xbox Requests: Week of March 22nd, 2024

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Requests: Week of March 22nd, 2024: Xbox Requests: Capturing all your ideas, across all of Xbox, every week! From PC gaming to Xbox consoles, and everything in between, if you have an idea or feature request that you want to share...
  3. i requested a refund of dark souls 1 because it was not opening no matter what i tried and...

in XBoX on Windows
    i requested a refund of dark souls 1 because it was not opening no matter what i tried and...: i can provide proof of this if needed in video form aaef1a84-9f48-4c12-8cc2-a6bd6c150470
  4. Xbox Requests: Week of March 15th, 2024

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Requests: Week of March 15th, 2024: Xbox Requests: Capturing all your ideas, across all of Xbox, every week! From PC gaming to Xbox consoles, and everything in between, if you have an idea or feature request that you want to share...
  5. An unexpected error occurred. Please try your request again later. on roblocks gift code

in XBoX on Windows
    An unexpected error occurred. Please try your request again later. on roblocks gift code: An unexpected error occurred. Please try your request again later. eea05149-ed93-4189-bc71-fccd07064838
  6. Xbox Requests: Week of March 8th, 2024

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Requests: Week of March 8th, 2024: Xbox Requests: Capturing all your ideas, across all of Xbox, every week! From PC gaming to Xbox consoles, and everything in between, if you have an idea or feature request that you want to share...
  7. Refund Request- Can i escalate

in XBoX on Windows
    Refund Request- Can i escalate: is there anyway to speak to someone regarding my refund which was meant to take 30 days and were now nearly at 4 months? I had money taken out via my phone bill that was nothing to do with me,...
  8. Why is my refund request still on approved?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is my refund request still on approved?: I requested a refund for a game and it was approved, however I still own the game and my money was not returned. 55a81890-f857-4742-91b8-92f5fef4a478
  9. Xbox Requests: Week of March 1st, 2024

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Requests: Week of March 1st, 2024: Xbox Requests: Capturing all your ideas, across all of Xbox, every week! From PC gaming to Xbox consoles, and everything in between, if you have an idea or feature request that you want to share...
  10. Requested for Xbox Game Cloud: Riders Republic (Ubisoft)

in XboX Insiders
    Requested for Xbox Game Cloud: Riders Republic (Ubisoft): Requested for Xbox Game Cloud: Riders Republic (Ubisoft) submitted by /u/Otherwise-Judge-8364 [link] [comments]