Reporting boosting service 'does not meet our community Standards violation."?

Discus and support Reporting boosting service 'does not meet our community Standards violation."? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I'm not sure how what I'm reporting doesn't violate MS TOS or the game itself so I'm going to ask here for clarification. In one of the games I play... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by OnlyOneMag, Feb 10, 2022.

1. OnlyOneMag
    OnlyOneMag Guest

I'm not sure how what I'm reporting doesn't violate MS TOS or the game itself so I'm going to ask here for clarification. In one of the games I play frequently when I hit the LFG sections I'll run across this guys posts offering a boosting service. He is pointing players at an IG account where he sells them and the post itself clearly states his services are 'not free'. Now I know boosting violates the games TOS so why doesn't it violate MS TOS? The reason I ask is because I got a canned message out of XBOX today thanking me for my reports to help keep the community safe however after review it doesn't meet the Community Standards violation threshold. So can someone explain to me how selling a service to cheat in game to artificial boost your levels isn't a TOS issue? It is this type of thing that ruins leader boards in game and leave a sour taste in the mouth of legit gamers.

:)

OnlyOneMag, Feb 10, 2022
  2. ngocphi Win User

You aren't reading the terms of use correctly

Boosting isn't against the terms of use as you been told alteady

Just because someone helps you INGAME doesn't mean it is cheating they are earning it just by help

What that line is is something you aren't reading

.by using external cheats or external account modification

Doing so earns you a permanent ban or a gamerscore reset

NOT by ingame functions like teamwork

Offering a rush is actually supported by multiple platforms

However there is always a penalty as less exp gain

Continually reporting awrong info will drop your future accuracy rating

READ the line fully not assume things as you already been told by pet team IT isn't cheating

Only external methods are

And internal functions are managed by developers as you already been told
  3. ngocphi Win User

It doesn't did you NOT READ THE tou

Boosting is NOt against the rules

As you already been told

What you are quoting you should read it fully

With unauthorized software

NOT GAMEPLAY

• Unlocking achievements, prestige level, in-game ranks, or other content you didn’t actually earn
    • Intentionally playing with someone who is using unauthorized software or methods
    Helping players isn't unauthorized as the player is also in the group

The game is NOT unauthorized software

Boosting that is against the rules is something like.getting recon armor.in halo by account modification

A great example.mother of a 12 year old vs ms yes she lost the case and apologized

After she went on national TV and claimed.her child.didnt cheat

Ended up she paid a hacker .to get recon armor for him
  4. OnlyOneMag Win User

Yes it is but that isn't the only game he is a problem on. I'm currently sitting at 4x XBOX messages saying this doesn't violate enforcement guidelines. Obviously whomever is looking at this isn't taking the time needed to do a proper job with it. The fact the IG has 'cheat' right in the name and he flat out says grinding levels is 'not free tho :/' should warrant a closer look.

The guy is quite the piece of work. I've chatted to him in someone's twitch chat. He doesn't care what anyone thinks about it he is making decent money with it and continues to grow his setup so he can service more players.
  5. ngocphi Win User

Boosting isn't against the terms of use

That's down to the developer not enforcement

As that's a gameplay function not a network function

Most Devs won't do a thing as boosting helps lower ranks getting higher by more experienced players helping them

It's not really cheating the players get less exp that's all
  6. VENGENCE197949ff784f Win User

The problem is I am reporting him. I've done so numerous times already and received 2 replies from xbox saying it doesn't meet the threshold for a violations. I'm reporting his LFG post but you don't have an option to report boosting from those selectable so I've been using advertising / spam where he is selling a service.

How this isn't a violation is beyond me the enforcement section clearly states it is.

https://www.xbox.com/en-CA/legal/community-standards

• Use multiple profiles to unfairly manipulate your multiplayer rank
    https://enforcement.xbox.com/en-CA/home/staysafe#topic2

• Unlocking achievements, prestige level, in-game ranks, or other content you didn’t actually earn
    • Intentionally playing with someone who is using unauthorized software or methods
    If you can see my existing reports please take a look. There is an IG account he always lists in the LFG that once you go to it shows him boosting and how he's used it to manipulate his account to be the top of several leader boards. Most of his LFG post clearly state the service is 'not free tho' so he is charging player for it. You will see I have reported 2 separate accounts but the posts verbiage looks like the same person. Just as an example the current game I'm playing his bot accounts hold the top 10 placements on one of the leader board. He isn't even trying to hide it they all have similar gamertags just the trailing 2 letters after name are different.

If this isn't something I should be reporting let me know. I'm not a fan of cheats nor do I like the fact they top leader boards when there are legitimate players who have earned their standing in this game and should be recognized as such.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. If you'd like further info just ask.
    If thr hame to speeking of is Division 2, I have and many others have been reporting the guy for weeks and get the same message from xbox saying it is not a TOS Violation. I too don't understand how they let that person keep selling boosting services.
Thema:

1. Reporting boosting service 'does not meet our community Standards violation."? - Similar Threads - Reporting boosting service

2. Can I report someone for reporting me without reason and getting my comms taken away?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can I report someone for reporting me without reason and getting my comms taken away?: A friend on Xbox keeps reporting my account that ends up getting comms banned then his reasoning is that I "just deserve it" he keeps saying I'm for the streets, and many worse things but I know...
  3. Why did Xbox stop responding to my reports and stop me from making posts?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why did Xbox stop responding to my reports and stop me from making posts?: Everytime I’ve tried to report someone, nothing happens, but when they report me for calling them “stupid” or “a bot” I get a strike. I also can’t make looking for group posts on my main account....
  4. false reports and enforcement

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    false reports and enforcement: why people getting banned/ suspended for innocent looking for group posts. i made a looking for group post on fallout 76 on xbox saying come by vans corner store and see what i have. i got a 2 day...
  5. Report ingame voice chat has dissappeared.

in XboX Insiders
    Report ingame voice chat has dissappeared.: Hi, so i downloaded insider hub, sogned up for the preview and the option to report ingame voice chat was showing but now its n onger showing. Ive left and rejoined the lreview, currently...
  6. I got spam reported by my friends

in XBoX on Windows
    I got spam reported by my friends: I have a group of friends who hate me.They make fun of me every day.Then they thought it would be funny and spam report me until i got banned 6 times.Then I now have a year ban.I was wondering if...
  7. I have criminal activity I have a girl who I reported 37 times to ccpd she had accessed...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have criminal activity I have a girl who I reported 37 times to ccpd she had accessed...: This right here she frauding millions of dollars she stole 100,000 from me what is this box .This box is not normal she links up because she has user interface and has cashed on gift cards...
  8. Should I be an insider when using the “Report a Problem” app?

in XboX Insiders
    Should I be an insider when using the “Report a Problem” app?: The “Report a Problem” app is available either standalone or a part of the insider bundle. I have found an issue with saving in certain games on Series S, which I have reported as a non insider...
  9. i was banned while defending myself from a hostile guy but when i report him nothing happens

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    i was banned while defending myself from a hostile guy but when i report him nothing happens: i've had conflict with a few guys for a couple months now, but they haven't been annoying for a while, until earlier today. I had forgotten to block his main account as he always uses an alt for...
  10. Does Microsoft act on ANY REPORTS on players cheating or harassing?

in XBoX on Windows
    Does Microsoft act on ANY REPORTS on players cheating or harassing?: Hey there, For the past few months I’ve had a miserable gaming experience. I’ve encountered countless cheaters and exploiters, poor sportsmanship, and harassment through multiple games. I’m...