Reported for using a word then received constant harassment

Discus and support Reported for using a word then received constant harassment in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Why was I banned almost instantly for using what some would call an offensive word. And why is it that after I was banned this same person I sent the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by tRundaG, Nov 16, 2020.

1. tRundaG
    tRundaG Guest

Why was I banned almost instantly for using what some would call an offensive word. And why is it that after I was banned this same person I sent the message to had been sending me at least 15 plus messages including sexual and verbal harassment . Yet
    he received no ban after multiple reports.

:)

tRundaG, Nov 16, 2020
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

if my life is threatened over a game from some 30year old guy in America what do I do?

Hi dreydenwillson! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

If you received an enforcement because of words you exchanged with another player, and you think it’s unfair because you didn’t instigate the conflict, we understand. When it feels like someone’s harassing you, it’s hard not to hit back with some choice words of your own.

We know that it's never fun to be on the receiving end of such behavior, but retaliation is never the answer. Harmful words or actions, even when used in self-defense, will result in an enforcement if reported. So, it’s in your best interest to report the other player, let it go, and get back to gaming.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/friends-soc...

Remember:

No matter who started it, harassment and abuse are never valid forms of defense

When in doubt, mute, block, and file a report

Submitting a report isn't a sign of weakness—it's a show of strength. By reporting harmful content and behavior, you protect other players' experiences and keep Xbox fun for everyone
  3. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Nothing I can do about harassing messages?

Hi Capt! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

If you received an enforcement because of words you exchanged with another player, and you think it’s unfair because you didn’t instigate the conflict, we understand. When it feels like someone’s harassing you, it’s hard not to hit back with some choice words of your own.

We know that it's never fun to be on the receiving end of such behavior, but retaliation is never the answer. Harmful words or actions, even when used in self-defense, will result in an enforcement if reported. So, it’s in your best interest to report the other player, let it go, and get back to gaming.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/family-onli...

Always remember:

No matter who started it, harassment and abuse are never valid forms of defense

When in doubt, mute, block, and file a report
  4. Smwutches Win User

I got communication banned for saying something in a non-harassing way

The enforcement team does not use the forums. You would need to go to http://enforcement.xbox.com

Even if they were not used in a way to harass someone, any words that need to be censored should not be used on Live and would violate the code of conduct. In the future, it's best to just report and block someone if they are using those words instead of
    responding to them.
  5. ZombieCrow33 Win User

Broken Ban System

Dude. [Mod Removed - Inappropriate] goes out into the real world and doesnt hear any sort of “foul language?” The use of foul language is literally in the game that we were playing. Xbox needs to implement some sort of setting that allows
    you to use “foul language” even though what I said was NOT foul language (and they banned it again... it was literally the word
    [Mod Removed - Inappropriate]) I didnt cuss, I didnt use it in a sexualizex context. My main point here is that xbox does not care about harassment, they only care about what words somebody uses. I got autobanned and the guy who messaged me
    first gets off scotch free. I report people who harass me for my gender, I report people who harass me in game, and nothing happens. I use the word “[Mod Removed - Inappropriate]” and I get auto banned.
  6. ngocphi Win User

XBOX ENFORCEMENT

as you can see you sent harassing msgs with curse words as it was asterisks out

Sending multiple. Unwanted msgs is harassment

And no it doesn't matter who starts the fight once someone reports you only you are accountable for your own actions

Common sense no?
Thema:

1. Reported for using a word then received constant harassment - Similar Threads - Reported using word

2. Should I be an insider when using the “Report a Problem” app?

in XboX Insiders
    Should I be an insider when using the “Report a Problem” app?: The “Report a Problem” app is available either standalone or a part of the insider bundle. I have found an issue with saving in certain games on Series S, which I have reported as a non insider...
  3. I would like to report a site that is basically Pirating a game, and tries to use your...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I would like to report a site that is basically Pirating a game, and tries to use your...: I wanted to report a site giving a pirated version of a game 'Sea of Thieves', as not only is it illegal, but people that use this will have their credentials stolen if left for a long period of...
  4. Why was my appeal denied when the person who reported me was using the same bad language i...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why was my appeal denied when the person who reported me was using the same bad language i...: I have 8 day suspension for bad language on chat but the person who reported me was using the same language as me and my a appeal was denied. d9a6386c-652a-4769-8a78-eab45d4f79e5
  5. So Xbox allows us to make clips of in game chat but we can only use it to report people?

in XboX Insiders
    So Xbox allows us to make clips of in game chat but we can only use it to report people?: Why not just make it a standard feature? This makes no sense to me…. It’s been high requested…. submitted by /u/Electronic-Advisor37 [link] [comments]
  6. Report and Resolve XBOX user that is illegally using my email address.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Report and Resolve XBOX user that is illegally using my email address.: I have been receiving emails from XBOX (*** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***) using my email address for user "GoldHoney363881"but I do not own an XBOX or have an XBOX...
  7. The report system is abused and used just as personal revenge,why is this allowed to happen?

in XBoX Accessibility
    The report system is abused and used just as personal revenge,why is this allowed to happen?: Im not a kid and i just wrote "fkn dmb" to another ADULT.First of all,"fkn" can be "freaking" and "dmb" well...it is what it is but as i said in the title,the report system is abused by adults 99%...
  8. Series X shuts down when using report a problem

in XboX Insiders
    Series X shuts down when using report a problem: when trying to use the report a problem series x shuts down when choosing diagnostic mode for error reporting. I have tried several times same result each time. I have done both a soft and hard...
  9. why is it enforcement team are allowing players to use the report system for their own...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    why is it enforcement team are allowing players to use the report system for their own...: "GTA➕ subscription is only any good for newer players, the biggest majority of give aways most players already own Businesses etc. Even cars like the car this week will end up on the podium at...
  10. How are you supposed to properly report people who use tricks to bypass the swear filter?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How are you supposed to properly report people who use tricks to bypass the swear filter?: Hello, I'm hoping this is the right place to post this. I don't typically do this sort of thing, but I've been getting all sorts of confused about how I'm supposed to deal with this situation...