Replacement Xbox controller - Received controller out of warranty

Discus and support Replacement Xbox controller - Received controller out of warranty in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi guys, Really pissed off on this one. Hopefully one of the Microsoft support staff can help me with this one. I received a replacement xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by EugeneTran, Nov 6, 2021.

1. EugeneTran
    EugeneTran Guest

Hi guys,

Really pissed off on this one. Hopefully one of the Microsoft support staff can help me with this one.

I received a replacement xbox controller in early-to-mid August, however the right bumper has not worked for the last 3 days, which was unusual.

I've went to xbox support page to get another replacement, but it says that the warranty is no longer valid.

Serial number: 09640069682912

How could the warranty be no longer valid if I just received this xbox controller from Microsoft just last month??

My guess is Microsoft gave me a used, refurbished replacement controller as the last activation date for this controller (with that serial number) was in June 2020.

I can't contact (via email, phone or live chat) Microsoft regarding this issue as it's specifically a controller issue. I feel like I got scammed by Microsoft and I can't even do anything about it.

Please help.

Thanks,

Eugene

:)

EugeneTran, Nov 6, 2021
  2. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Unfortunately I'm not a Microsoft employee, I'm just a gamer like you, that's the reason behind the community forum, I can only give you advuces on how to solve tjis and, unfortunately, that's how I solved my issue.
  3. EugeneTran Win User

Hi Chris,

I followed the link:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/controller/controller-warranty

From there, I clicked the "Contact us" button. Then, from the next three dropdowns, I selected "Hardware & network">"My controller isn't working right">"Xbox one".

From there I get, "Phone calls and chats aren't available for this issue".

Therefore, can you provide or guide me to a customer service Microsoft agent phone number? As per my issue, Microsoft won't all me to solve the issue with a phone call or chat.

Thanks,

Eugene
  4. Christopher Revoredo Win User

5. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Hi there Eugene welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. I had a similar issue about two years ago, I solved it by talking to a Microsoft agent, you said you can't contact them, this is because you can't literally contact any agent or because you think this issue doesn't apply?

Because it totally applies.
  6. EugeneTran Win User

Yes of course you can follow this link: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/... and select "contact us" there it will give you the options to chat with Microsoft agents! Please be sure to detail your issue!
    Hi Chris,

I got a hold of an agent through your method!

However, they said I am still not entitled to a free replacement controller as the serial number associated with the original replacement controller I received a month ago had an activation date of June 2020. Therefore, out of the 3 month window.

Makes absolutely no sense. This has to be an error on Microsoft's part as I received that controller just a month ago and have only used it about 10 times only.

Imagine buying a new TV only for the TV the breakdown (to no fault of your own) and you receive a replacement TV, only for that TV to breakdown just as fast. Then you receive notice that the replacement isn't able to replaced as it was already used in the past. Who's fault is it really?? Where's the informed consent that my replacement device will be used and likely to be broken down before I receive it.

Please look into this as I was on call with the agent for a good hour and a half explaining my case and they could not issue me a replacement controller in the end.

Thanks,

Eugene
Thema:

1. Replacement Xbox controller - Received controller out of warranty - Similar Threads - Replacement controller Received

2. Replacement Controller - Warranty Expired on Delivery

in XBoX on Consoles
    Replacement Controller - Warranty Expired on Delivery: I had a Xbox Series Elite 2 Wireless which had lapsed warranty expiration, which had some button response issues. I raised a request for replacement through my account, and paid the $130+ dollars...
  3. My replacement controller is broken. What do I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My replacement controller is broken. What do I do?: My first controller was out of warranty and broke. I requested a replacement controller and paid the 80$. The replacement controller came with an intermittent rb button. What should I do now?...
  4. Where do I ship my xbox controller for replacement

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where do I ship my xbox controller for replacement: Where do I ship my xbox controller for replacement, Anyone know? 2ba386f7-8b93-4ef8-b37d-e54f4dc25196
  5. Controller replacement

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller replacement: Last december i send back a faulty controller that was replaced. you guys sent it via ups but ups never delivered it and returned it back to you. tried to contact via website but nobody replies....
  6. Xbox Controller Pairing Problems after MOBA replacement

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Pairing Problems after MOBA replacement: I'm having problems connecting my xbox controller to my PC since I replaced my MOBA, the last one was a B350 and I buyed an bluetooth adapter Realtek 5.0 to connect my Xbox Controller to it, after...
  7. Is there any way i can get a replacement controller, if i already got rid of the broken one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any way i can get a replacement controller, if i already got rid of the broken one: my controller had an issue but my mum chose to bin it is there anyway i can be sent a new one 4eec4f68-2424-4df6-9f68-c629f9c01e54
  8. Replacement controller issue.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Replacement controller issue.: When i bought my Series X in October 2021 i took out Microsoft Complete cover. Last year the controller developed a fault and i had it replaced, its replacement now has a fault but under devices...
  9. Third party hall effect sensors replacement for xbox controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Third party hall effect sensors replacement for xbox controller?: Does anyone know where to find hall effect sensors sticks to put into your stock xbox controller? I know that Gulikit does for the Switch and Steamdeck and I know that third party controllers on...
  10. Raising a Complaint on the Replacement Controller I have received.

in XBoX on Windows
    Raising a Complaint on the Replacement Controller I have received.: Hello, I really require a Human and not a virtual assistant to look into this matter. I bought a Xbox Series x/s controller in October and unfortunately last week it become faulty, the A button...