Replacement Controller Now Faulty

Discus and support Replacement Controller Now Faulty in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I purchased an Xbox Elite 2 Halo Limited Edition controller a little over a year ago at this point. I understand that the warranty provided with the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Pilchh, Feb 1, 2023.

1. Pilchh
    Pilchh Guest

I purchased an Xbox Elite 2 Halo Limited Edition controller a little over a year ago at this point. I understand that the warranty provided with the initial purchase is 1 year however, I had my controller RMA'd previously around 6 months ago from which, I was given a brand new controller replacement.

My issue is that this replacement that I've not used an awful lot is now missing inputs making it unusable.

I have tried to go through the route I went though previously, however my controller serial number does not exist in the microsoft system.

How do I go about getting this controller replaced?

Thanks

:)

Pilchh, Feb 1, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Replace a faulty replacement controller?

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Welcome to the community.

Hello Danvantageous, you can try to contact support via chat via the link below, however in your situation they will recommend you the service that appears on the website.

Go to: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us/

See the bottom left part of the page and make sure that the page has the correct region that you are in (ex: United States - English for USA)

If not, click on it then select the correct region that you are in.

Check and confirm that you are within the available time of support under Contact times.

Click Contact us

Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.

On the page, see the provided support articles that may help you with your concern. Click See contact options if further assistance is needed.

On the next page, select either Chat online or Request a call option then follow or enter the needed details.
  3. Danvantageous Win User

Replace a faulty replacement controller?

Hi there

I have tried this and I keep getting “phone calls and web chat is not available for this issue” and the virtual assistant is constantly pushing that I pay for a replacement.

This is poor customer service. I shouldn’t have to pay another £75 for a replacement controller that may not last 5 months, like the replacement I already have!

This is really getting frustrating.
  4. Connor T. Maple Win User

Refund service order instead of getting another replacement

I did not activate the Microsoft warranty as it was out of warranty and I had to purchase the replacement controller that was sent to me. The controller is faulty and I want a refund of the replacement order and return the faulty controller sent to me
  5. Wishcatcher Win User

Faulty Controller Replacement

HI,

Sorry about that issue, repair process is still working as in the past, as there is no direct contact with customers.

You have to print the label and send it to Germany.

To know more infos about it , please call or chat with an agent > https://beta.support.xbox.com/contact-us

Regards
  6. {Parity} Win User

Controller won't stay on or power up unless plugged in.

It sounds like a faulty controller and will probably need replacing.
Thema:

1. Replacement Controller Now Faulty - Similar Threads - Replacement Controller Faulty

2. When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...: A little less than a year ago I purchased a custom Elite Controller Series 2 from Xbox Design Lab, complete with a custom engraving. When I contacted Xbox Support, the person on the phone ensured...
  3. Replacement Controller - Warranty Expired on Delivery

in XBoX on Consoles
    Replacement Controller - Warranty Expired on Delivery: I had a Xbox Series Elite 2 Wireless which had lapsed warranty expiration, which had some button response issues. I raised a request for replacement through my account, and paid the $130+ dollars...
  4. My replacement controller is broken. What do I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My replacement controller is broken. What do I do?: My first controller was out of warranty and broke. I requested a replacement controller and paid the 80$. The replacement controller came with an intermittent rb button. What should I do now?...
  5. Where do I ship my xbox controller for replacement

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where do I ship my xbox controller for replacement: Where do I ship my xbox controller for replacement, Anyone know? 2ba386f7-8b93-4ef8-b37d-e54f4dc25196
  6. Controller replacement

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller replacement: Last december i send back a faulty controller that was replaced. you guys sent it via ups but ups never delivered it and returned it back to you. tried to contact via website but nobody replies....
  7. Xbox Controller Pairing Problems after MOBA replacement

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Pairing Problems after MOBA replacement: I'm having problems connecting my xbox controller to my PC since I replaced my MOBA, the last one was a B350 and I buyed an bluetooth adapter Realtek 5.0 to connect my Xbox Controller to it, after...
  8. How do i contact customer support - Microsoft have stolen my replacement faulty controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i contact customer support - Microsoft have stolen my replacement faulty controller: My £160 elite 2 controller was faulty and in warranty, sent a first warranty repair request and got a replacement from microsoft. It was faulty so sent a 2nd warranty repair request, returned it...
  9. How do I replace out of warranty faulty xbox elite controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I replace out of warranty faulty xbox elite controller: Going online and clicking through the options I can order a replacement controller for ~£75. This process cannot be completed as an error always happen on the last step. The virtual assistant only...
  10. Replace a faulty replacement controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Replace a faulty replacement controller?: Hi there, My original Xbox elite controller 2 ran out of warranty in February of 2022, I ordered and paid for a replacement in December 2022, and now the replacement controller is starting to...