Replacement controller... defective after less than 2 weeks (Right Bumper)

Discus and support Replacement controller... defective after less than 2 weeks (Right Bumper) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Just received a replacement Elite Series 2 controller because my previous one had 3 buttons suddenly start malfunctioning. It's only been about a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by WolfAtHeartX, Mar 5, 2023.

1. WolfAtHeartX
    WolfAtHeartX Guest

Just received a replacement Elite Series 2 controller because my previous one had 3 buttons suddenly start malfunctioning.

It's only been about a week and a half and the Right Bumper (RB) is already missing inputs. It's not 'mapping'. It's not 'hair triggers'. It's just poor design quality. This is clearly not an uncommon issue yet still showing little sign of being properly addressed.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's all those magnets inside causing it...(Might be worth investigating, Microsoft!)

The Contact Us page is useless because it doesn't actually 'Contact' anyone and it's infuriating that every attempt to do so will always lead you back to the same screen that you started with.

I guess I'll have to try and request another replacement...and in the meantime I'll just have to add my complaint to the pile.

Stop selling broken controllers Microsoft!

:)

WolfAtHeartX, Mar 5, 2023
  2. LEG x Win User

Should I buy an elite controller? (would like opinions

I strongly recommend you do not buy one. My left bumper broke after 5 weeks and they will not give me a refund. After an hour of phone calls they agreed to replace it. I have to send it to Germany and wait for a replacement which will take 2 to 3 weeks.
    2 to 3 weeks without a controller.
  3. Tucker D Dawg Win User

elite series 2 controller

Used elite first gen for years and just got good at replacing broken bumpers. I had high hopes for the elite 2 but sadly my elite 2 right bumper clicks but doesnt register input most of the time after only 2 months.

submitted warranty claim, and will have them replace it - but even though i prefer the feel of the sticks and triggers on the msft controller, i am switching to razor wolverine.

not matter how good it feels if a contoller doesnt control, its worthless.
  4. TheGoodFella16 Win User

Gears of war 4 is coming, and now.. So am I.

i've had 2 - horrible, Right bumper and left bumper went off. Now they have no more replacements for GoW4 LE Elite Controllers. Absolutely horrible that such a pricey product is made with such low quality.
  5. ashly conlon Win User

Question about the Xbox one controller

The Right and left bumper are still there, considering that the bumpers replace the white and black buttons originally on the first xbox controller.
  6. Agent Sleaze Win User

Broken Controller out of the box, Microsoft Return Policy Ghastly

Same here. My controller came brand new, not long after, my right bumper stopped working completely, and my left trigger acquired a squeaking noise. Very obnoxious. Microsoft, answer me this: Why am i, after paying out the a** for a console with less performance
    power than a PC with close to the same price, expected to either spend $59.99, plus 9% tax (in Alabama) on a new controller that is liable to do the same thing as this one, or be without a controller for close to 2 weeks, AND pay shipping, JUST TO GET A REPLACEMENT
    FOR SOMETHING THAT HAS ALREADY BEEN PAID FOR??? This is serious BS, and if this is how microsoft plans to treat their customers (3? years tenure) then they can forget getting another dime out of me. I want a new controller, and I want it ASAP. Not right now
    for ~$70, and not two weeks from now for the price of shipping. HELL no. I paid some $400 for my X-box One, and now that an accessory is no longer working, I am required to pay EVEN MORE $$$ for a replacement. Play Station 4 is looking pretty good right now.
    Or I might just sell the console, and build a PC that can do WAY more than the "Next-gen" console of 2014 can. Fix it.
Thema:

1. Replacement controller... defective after less than 2 weeks (Right Bumper) - Similar Threads - Replacement controller defective

2. When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...: A little less than a year ago I purchased a custom Elite Controller Series 2 from Xbox Design Lab, complete with a custom engraving. When I contacted Xbox Support, the person on the phone ensured...
  3. Replacement Controller - Warranty Expired on Delivery

in XBoX on Consoles
    Replacement Controller - Warranty Expired on Delivery: I had a Xbox Series Elite 2 Wireless which had lapsed warranty expiration, which had some button response issues. I raised a request for replacement through my account, and paid the $130+ dollars...
  4. My replacement controller is broken. What do I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My replacement controller is broken. What do I do?: My first controller was out of warranty and broke. I requested a replacement controller and paid the 80$. The replacement controller came with an intermittent rb button. What should I do now?...
  5. Where do I ship my xbox controller for replacement

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where do I ship my xbox controller for replacement: Where do I ship my xbox controller for replacement, Anyone know? 2ba386f7-8b93-4ef8-b37d-e54f4dc25196
  6. Controller replacement

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller replacement: Last december i send back a faulty controller that was replaced. you guys sent it via ups but ups never delivered it and returned it back to you. tried to contact via website but nobody replies....
  7. Xbox Controller Pairing Problems after MOBA replacement

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Pairing Problems after MOBA replacement: I'm having problems connecting my xbox controller to my PC since I replaced my MOBA, the last one was a B350 and I buyed an bluetooth adapter Realtek 5.0 to connect my Xbox Controller to it, after...
  8. Is there any way i can get a replacement controller, if i already got rid of the broken one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any way i can get a replacement controller, if i already got rid of the broken one: my controller had an issue but my mum chose to bin it is there anyway i can be sent a new one 4eec4f68-2424-4df6-9f68-c629f9c01e54
  9. Replacement controller issue.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Replacement controller issue.: When i bought my Series X in October 2021 i took out Microsoft Complete cover. Last year the controller developed a fault and i had it replaced, its replacement now has a fault but under devices...
  10. Replacement elite controller also defective and I can't return or exchange it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Replacement elite controller also defective and I can't return or exchange it: The Elite 2 controller I bought 2 ish years ago had the right bumper stop working. I discovered that was a fairly common issue and I went to file a warranty claim, alas it had expired. I was given...