Repeated Xbox Controller Fault - Mic Not Picking Up Voice

Discus and support Repeated Xbox Controller Fault - Mic Not Picking Up Voice in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I have a repeated issue where my microphone on my headset stops working permanently. I have completed ALL the guides on fixing headset issues,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Voyager1701, Mar 13, 2021.

1. Voyager1701
    Voyager1701 Guest

Hello,

I have a repeated issue where my microphone on my headset stops working permanently. I have completed ALL the guides on fixing headset issues, I have followed all steps on these forums, the official help section and multiple google results / suggestions.

The reason I say repeated as this is happening on different devices. I am now on my 4th headset in as many months. Initially I thought this might have been the type / brand of headset I was using so last month I purchased the official Xbox Stereo headset from the microsoft store. I have had this for just over a month and again the mic has stopped working????

Console up to date - check

Console cycled - check

Controllers up to date - check

Tried on different controllers and different devices - check

I am really struggling to understand why this keeps happening? They all work for a short time and then just stop working? No change or reason for it. Anyone experienced this before and know how to fix it? I dont want to keep buying / replacing / exchanging headsets all the time.

(Also - once this happens on my xbox, it stops working for all devices. I used my headphones for my phone which were fine until they stopped working and now the dont work on my phone either?)

:)

Voyager1701, Mar 13, 2021
  2. Qualedog Win User

Xbox one headset not working

To update: I have re-synced my controller to the console and deleted and redownload my profile too. No change when I speak the circle does not light up and my voice isnt picked up by the mic
  3. LegoNinja187 Win User

Echo in party and game chat

Is it possible that their mic is simply picking up your voice when you talk?
  4. FAIR125 Win User

Xbox One Chat Headset

Same problem here. I have two controllers and two mics. Both mics have the same problem on each controller. I can hear people fine but my headsets won't pick up my voice at all. Xbox support has offered no good solution at all and I'm stuck not being able
    to talk to my friends. It's terrible.
  5. XBF Crystal P Win User

Mic Not Picking Up my Voice.

6. Dérek Augusto Win User

Mic only picking up voices

Main button, go to the right on the system tab, and then enter the Audio option!

See if the mic is activated

And then put the audio monitoring louder than it is. Increase as you wish.

The higher it is, the more your microphone will be "sensitive" to picking up sounds.

But again, the mic has a voice capture software, not sounds like music and ambient noises ok?
Thema:

1. Repeated Xbox Controller Fault - Mic Not Picking Up Voice - Similar Threads - Repeated Controller Fault

2. Why does my wireless Xbox controller disconnect and reconnect repeatedly on my Chromebook?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my wireless Xbox controller disconnect and reconnect repeatedly on my Chromebook?: So, I recently got a new wireless Xbox controller so I can play Xbox Cloud Gaming when I am not at home. My controller works for all of my compatible devices except my Acer Chromebook (which is...
  3. Sea of Thieves repeated Hazelnutbeard error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sea of Thieves repeated Hazelnutbeard error: Sea of thieves won't work through steam. I've tried all suggested fixes, re-enabled teredo, updated all my drivers, even set up port forwarding specifically for SOT's steam servers. Disabled VPN,...
  4. Repeating Xbox Notifications...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Repeating Xbox Notifications...: This is frustrating. I keep getting notifications that my friend is live streaming. Like, every 5 minutes type of notifications. I have this friend as a favorite, because he a close friend. Maybe...
  5. My Xbox keeps stopping game installations from disc at 25%, and will repeatedly stop after...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox keeps stopping game installations from disc at 25%, and will repeatedly stop after...: This issue has been on here before but the solution didn't do anything to help. The problem is, when I go to install any disc games on my Xbox One S, they will download normally until reaching...
  6. I repeatedly get “ Your profile was not completely downloaded. Please download it again...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I repeatedly get “ Your profile was not completely downloaded. Please download it again...: I repeatedly get “ Your profile was not completely downloaded. Please download it again from Xbox live” for a second user on my new Xbox S series. This happens when we try to start a game llike...
  7. repeat the debit for the order [mod removed]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    repeat the debit for the order [mod removed]: Please repeat the debit for the order [mod removed]. my debit card temporarily did not work due to technical reasons, I was unable to pay for the game order [mod removed] at Microsoft Store....
  8. Account password reset..then need to repeat?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account password reset..then need to repeat?: I recently went to change my subscription details and entered my email and pw. And it says it’s been locked because wrong password entered too many times incorrectly. So I do all the steps with...
  9. DTS Sound Unbound repeating uodate

in XBoX on Windows
    DTS Sound Unbound repeating uodate: I’m trying to setup DTS Sound Unbound for my new Arctic 9X headset since it says it’s equipped with the DTS technology, however when I’m trying to launch the app on my Xbox it keeps repeating the...
  10. I am being repeatedly spam reported on all 3 of my accounts?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am being repeatedly spam reported on all 3 of my accounts?: This xbox user [mod remoced] has repeatedly spam reported all 3 of my accounts because I didn't play with him because I was handling things in real life such as bad grades and chores. now I am...