Removing the X-box taskbar button

Discus and support Removing the X-box taskbar button in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Every day I hate Microsoft more and more because of this forced taskbar button, no matter how much I try to remove it it just keeps popping up. I don't... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by DennisRosén, Apr 2, 2024.

1. DennisRosén
    DennisRosén Guest

Every day I hate Microsoft more and more because of this forced taskbar button, no matter how much I try to remove it it just keeps popping up. I don't even use it and I can't even uninstall it for some reason, what is the purpose of forcing this on people? Are you trying to get people to switch OS?

:)

DennisRosén, Apr 2, 2024
  2. kyle_m4496 Win User

Hi DennisRosén. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

This forum only provides technical support for Xbox devices and services.

Since this is a Windows issue you should be posting in the Windows forums, that way the correct support can help you: https://answers.microsoft.com/windows/forum
  3. JasperAdam Win User

Heb net forza horizon 4 gekocht maar geen code ontvangen hebben meer mensen hier last van [Mod Translation-Have just bought forza horizon 4 but no code received more people suffer from this]

Ik heb een x box one [Mod Removed - Profanity] u ev ook in Nederlands terug reageren?

[Mod Removed-I have an x box one [Mod Removed - Profanity] you also react in Dutch back?]
  4. HighlandRainbow Win User

Xbox...Ten Years Old Today

For sure happy birthday to Microsoft's X box, My mates told me the controller was hard and had too many buttons on the original x box but I decided to take the plunge, The controllers were natural for me and loved my racing games on the x box with the trigger
    buttons. The graphics were out of this world and being able to record my music to It made my ps2 mates jealous. It Is my main console and look forward to the next 10 years with x box,
  5. Fin Thompson Win User

When i turn on my x box 1s it will just come up with a black screen and make a lot of ticking noises for about 5 mins. it is so making a slite ringing noise as well.

Thanks for the suggestion!

But i am having some trouble, so when i turn off the x box and unplug and re plug then wait the 30 seconds i will hold the eject button and the sync button then click the x box button witch will turn on the x box then i continue to hold the 2 buttons for around 20 seconds but nothing will happen and i do not hear any noises?

i have tried this process 3 times but with no luck.

Do you have any suggestions

Thanks.
  6. XBF Leonzo G Win User

x box controller button

Hello indi1,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. Is this issue occurring on an Xbox One or Xbox 360? Does the
    A button work correctly when you are not signed in to your account? The Xbox One has a feature called button mapping. If you have an Xbox One, was this feature utilized with that controller recently? Be sure to let us know the results!
Thema:

1. Removing the X-box taskbar button - Similar Threads - Removing box taskbar

2. If I completely remove the left analog joystick without replacement..to compatibly use the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I completely remove the left analog joystick without replacement..to compatibly use the...: If I completely remove the left analog joystick without replacement..to compatibly use the arrow buttons direction will it work ea86895f-ddb2-47e6-8c75-b19b25a1e034
  3. Need help to remove an old account from Xbox that got an access pin

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help to remove an old account from Xbox that got an access pin: I recently bought a second hand series X, when I’ve got it home and tried it out, all works fine as it should but the old users account is still on the machine. My main problem is removing the...
  4. "Happening Now" tab is bad design and should be removed.

in XboX Insiders
    "Happening Now" tab is bad design and should be removed.: This change provide NO extra information, functionality, engagement, or usefulness. It's just a duplicate of what is already on the left side of my screen and is completely superfluous. The only...
  5. Friends in Games removed?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Friends in Games removed?: Looks like there was a system update and now when i go to People and then Friends, the option to show Friends in Games is gone. Why would this be removed? Now i see Happening Now was added right...
  6. "Friends in games" removed and replaced by "happening now" tab.

in XboX Insiders
    "Friends in games" removed and replaced by "happening now" tab.: As the title States, this update has replaced friends in games with happening now. it is a completely unnecessary update imo. It just seems like the friends in games option was really all that was...
  7. Smwutches disrespectful keeps removing my posts

in XBoX on Windows
    Smwutches disrespectful keeps removing my posts: Smwutches keeps removing my post as this person has been harassing me. Would like to know who do I talk to about them. I will keep reposting until I have an answer. I'd like to speak to an admin....
  8. How do I remove a family passcode from an Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I remove a family passcode from an Xbox 360?: I've been trying for 2 days to remove a family passcode from a used system with no luck (I'm unable to play Dead or Alive). I tried by myself on 4-10-2024 and today (4-11-2024) for an hour with...
  9. Why are some accounts with super offensive names not getting removed?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why are some accounts with super offensive names not getting removed?: Im playing Grand Theft Auto and some guy joins the group chat party with a swastika as his gamertag. He said he’s been reported tons of times and nothing has happened to him. Is there tags...
  10. How can I remove the new Microsoft Store shortcuts and "Groups" (Greed Boxes) from my home...

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I remove the new Microsoft Store shortcuts and "Groups" (Greed Boxes) from my home...: I'm trying to get rid of the atrocious sections of "Most Popular", "Watch and Listen", "Replay Treasures", "Gane demos", "Top Entertainment", "Leaving Soon-Game Pass", "Dark fantasy-Game Pass",...