Removing connection between controller and Xbox One

Discus and support Removing connection between controller and Xbox One in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently received the wireless adapter for my Windows 10 PC and I'm using an xbox one controller now for playing games on it. I also have an elite... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by janderchuck, Dec 26, 2015.

1. janderchuck
    janderchuck Guest

I recently received the wireless adapter for my Windows 10 PC and I'm using an xbox one controller now for playing games on it. I also have an elite controller that I'm using with my xbox one. My PC and Xbox one are very close in proximity and I can't
    figure out how to tell it to ignore my old controller that I want synced with my PC.

I have looked on some of the forums and have googled the best I can but I don't see anyone posting on how to do this.

So how do you remove the sync between a controller and the xbox one?

:)

janderchuck, Dec 26, 2015
  2. Mister Maka
    Mister Maka Guest
    Problem with bluetooth antenna in Xbox

Hey there JustJackTheLad.

We don't recommend repairing anything yourself as it will break the warranty of your Xbox One. To check, do you have any other USB devices plugged into your Xbox One you can try removing to see if there's any change with your connection? Also if there are any
    other wireless devices in between you and the controller, they may be causing some interference.

Mister Maka, Dec 26, 2015
  3. Farscape247
    Farscape247 Guest
    Where does the XB1 controller get its audio signal from?

the audio comes from the wireless connection between the controller and xbox,

Farscape247, Dec 26, 2015
  4. gds1972
    gds1972 Guest

Once you have synced the controller with the PC wireless adapter the console should no longer recognise it afterwards.

gds1972, Dec 26, 2015
  5. janderchuck
    janderchuck Guest
    That is not what is happening. When I push the power button at the top of my controller it still starts my Xbox one. I can then sync it with my PC when the controller is turned on, but I then have to shutoff my Xbox. I'm looking for a way for it to not
    start the Xbox when powering on the controller

janderchuck, Oct 31, 2018
  6. janderchuck Win User

That is not what is happening. When I push the power button at the top of my controller it still starts my Xbox one. I can then sync it with my PC when the controller is turned on, but I then have to shutoff my Xbox. I'm looking for a way for it to not
    start the Xbox when powering on the controller
  7. gds1972 Win User

Once you have synced the controller with the PC wireless adapter the console should no longer recognise it afterwards.
  8. TurboxGold Win User

Xbox one controller connectivity

It's a problem with connectivity in some xbox consoles. Maybe you're playing too far or something gets in the way between the xbox and the controller.

Try to play nearer the console or remove any furniture that could interfere with the connection.
  9. DebonaireLine Win User

Xbox Elite wireless controller series 2 bluetooth problem!

Is there a difference between the Bluetooth on the Elite and the one on the regular Xbox one controllers. My other controllers connect without an issue, but not the Elite.
  10. MASTER BOSS 077 Win User

Xbox One controller won't connect to Windows 10 PC

Hello so I have a very specific problem.

My Xbox One controller won't connect to my PC via Bluetooth anymore, it used to work however.

The controller will connect to my laptop with windows 10 and it also works when connect to an Xbox One.

My friends controllers can connect to my PC no problem.

In my Bluetooth listed devices it says "xbox one controller: paired" it never connects though, and when I "remove device" it does remove but whenever I restart my PC it comes back listed as "paired". It doesn't connect whether I click remove device and
    it's no longer listed or try after restarting and it's listed as paired.

When going to add new device it never gets picked up, but as I said it can pick up other Xbox controllers and they can connect and work no problem.

My Xbox One controller also works when connected via a wired connection.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, nothing has changed.

There is something strange going on between the connection of my controller and my PC via Bluetooth and I don't know how to fix it. Again the controller works on my laptop and xbox and other controllers work on my PC, it is specific to my controller connecting
    to my PC.

I'm not 100% sure what happened but it happened on a day I was playing Xbox One and games on my PC and I think I might have clicked "remove device" while trying to connect it back to the Bluetooth because it was taking a while to pick it up and I wanted to
    make sure it was going to get picked up by the PC since it was paired with the Xbox at the time. I don't remember the specifics of what happened but I think it was something along those lines and ever since then it hasn't worked.
    You must check your controller generation to see whether it has blutooth enables or not.
Thema:

1. Removing connection between controller and Xbox One - Similar Threads - Removing connection between

2. How can I remove the keyboard and mouse future????

in XboX Insiders
    How can I remove the keyboard and mouse future????: Guys can someone tell me how I can remove the keyboard and mouse future in Xbox cloud gaming browser I really need to fix this help me eeewe submitted by /u/Inside-Bar1951 [link] [comments]
  3. Remove the ‘click or tap here to continue’ when streaming my gameplay, and streaming that...

in XBoX on Windows
    Remove the ‘click or tap here to continue’ when streaming my gameplay, and streaming that...: This question has been asked before, but there is still no update and the Answers by the 'expert' were not even applicable to the XBox app, stating many options that just aren't available. Has...
  4. How do I remove Friends Tab from XBox PC app?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I remove Friends Tab from XBox PC app?: It takes up screen real estate and I do not want it, use it, or need it. I do not do friends gaming, do not want anything but my private gaming. Tab is annoying and useless for me. [img]...
  5. How do you remove your old twitch that is still connected to your Xbox account when you...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do you remove your old twitch that is still connected to your Xbox account when you...: I tried signing out on the twitch app but I’m still logged in when I got to the broadcast option 3baaf595-20b9-4612-ab34-456a3df3ac7f
  6. How do I remove touch gaming options from my screen on Fortnite . I connected a controller...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I remove touch gaming options from my screen on Fortnite . I connected a controller...: So I’m trying to play Fortnite on an iPad Pro through Xbox cloud gaming . I’ve been able and to play the game with a wireless Xbox controller connected via Bluetooth to the iPad Pro and play...
  7. Why I cant remove and connect my xbox controller

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why I cant remove and connect my xbox controller: Im trying since yesterday using older and the newest drivers available to connect my xbox controller because I connected it on an xbox and now I cant reconnect it to my computer. I tried to remove...
  8. Does removing a family member automatically remove the payment connected to it?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Does removing a family member automatically remove the payment connected to it?: Does removing a family member automatically remove the payment connected to it? (He recently turned 18 and is wanting to control his own account) i dont want my card on his account....
  9. How do you remove Facebook connection through Xbox while its still active?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do you remove Facebook connection through Xbox while its still active?: My Xbox app is not linking through Facebook and I need to remove my Xbox connections through Facebook. c9962142-079d-458b-9ef1-c5d86ce61fee
  10. How do I remove unwanted moderating from developers, I can't connect to the chat or phone...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I remove unwanted moderating from developers, I can't connect to the chat or phone...: I am receiving communication and moderating from a developer or cast member of the farcy 4 game. This person has tryed to communicate walkthrough technique and has tryed a hijacking connection to...