Removing and re-adding a profile on Xbox One and possibility of losing data and purchases

Discus and support Removing and re-adding a profile on Xbox One and possibility of losing data and purchases in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; On Xbox Support “Troubleshoot game issues on Xbox One” Step 6 says to remove and re-add your profile. Will this cause me to lose games, purchases, game... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by artistichighs, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Removing and re-adding a profile on Xbox One and possibility of losing data and purchases

On Xbox Support “Troubleshoot game issues on Xbox One” Step 6 says to remove and re-add your profile. Will this cause me to lose games, purchases, game progress, game clips, messages, friends, or anything at all associated with the account? Or will it restore
    it exactly as is with no loss of any kind? I am having issues with a game and a rented server that I was hoping this action might fix. Some have reported online losing everything including all data and $1000’s in purchases by doing this. I need to know if
    data loss is a possibility, or if this procedure is 100% safe. The account in question is my main account so it’s important.

Thank you

:)

artistichighs, Oct 23, 2020
  2. dempup Win User

Removing and re-adding a profile on Xbox One and possibility of losing data and purchases

Hi there.

No, that is all locked to your account, and will not disappear when you remove and add your account to your console.
  3. XBF Diego M Win User

Minecraft xbox one deleted my saved world

Hi there,

If you erase your saved data locally from the hard drive you will not lose your saved data forever. That is the benefit of the Xbox Live Cloud Storage in that you always have your data backed up automatically as long as you are connected to Xbox Live.

You will need to delete the saved data locally or re-install the game to re-sync your data. First check to see you have a saved data profile in the game management. Press the Menu button over the game, then select Manage Game. On the following screen you
    should see a tab that says Saved Data, there you will see your gamertag with a file size for the data. Confirm you see something there.

Try removing your profile and re-adding it to download your account data again from the servers:

https://support.xbox.com/my-account/manage-gamertag-and-profile/add-remove-account-xbox-one
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

Xbox Gold Free Games Page problem

Hello Mighty,

Sorry for the issue with trying to get the free games with gold. Have you tried

removing and re-adding your profile?
    If that doesn't help you can try a
    soft factory reset
    . Select keep games and apps, make sure you know email and password to accounts on the console as these will be removed. You will not lose any save data as the data is saved to the cloud.

Thanks,

Brad
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

ALGUIEN ME PODRIA AYUDAR!!! CODIGO DE ESTADO NO RECONOCIDO [Translation - Someone could help ME!!! Unrecognized status code]

Hi there,

It's possible the issue relates to the Xbox Live Subscription on your account. Is this error happening with all of your games or just some of them?

I recommend deleting your profile from the console's hard drive and then re-adding it to sync your profile data to the console again. Follow this article which should assist you with deleting and re-adding your profile on an Xbox 360:

https://support.xbox.com/my-account/manage-gamertag-and-profile/add-remove-profile-xbox-360

We'll be looking forward to hearing from you!
  6. XBF Crystal P Win User

Profile Picture resetting to default

Hi there Denial,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about the issue with Xbox live profile content.

I recommend trying to
    remove and re-adding your profile
    on the Xbox
    console to help re-align data to the servers.

Try this out and let us know the results.
Thema:

1. Removing and re-adding a profile on Xbox One and possibility of losing data and purchases - Similar Threads - Removing adding profile

2. is using a laptop with it's battery removed, and using the adapter instead safe?

in XBoX on Windows
    is using a laptop with it's battery removed, and using the adapter instead safe?: hi there, i own a asus tuf gaming laptop, and recently it's battery died. I have removed the battery, but i didn't replace it. i am using my laptop's charger to use my laptop. so far it has run...
  3. Why is adding friends absolutely broken and removing my friends

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is adding friends absolutely broken and removing my friends: I've been dealing with this for over a year and not a single agent has been able to help what am I supposed to do not like you'll send me a new console or anything because that'd "cut company...
  4. How do you removed the added groups on your home screen. Before the update I had my home...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do you removed the added groups on your home screen. Before the update I had my home...: How do you removed the added groups on your home screen. Before the update I had my home screen set up with two groups and now it has all this stuff I don’t want on it...
  5. Adding my email, and removing old email from xbox account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Adding my email, and removing old email from xbox account.: So, when I was young my mother made my xbox account, with a live email, I now have a main email I use, and I would like to change the primary to my own, and remove her account from it. My issues...
  6. How to get added back to the xbox ambassador program after being removed due to an...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to get added back to the xbox ambassador program after being removed due to an...: I was removed from the Xbox ambassador program due to an enforcement action pertaining to my gamerpic, but the decision got overturned, and I have been trying to get in contact with ambassador...
  7. How do I remove all the new junk that was added to my xbox home screen. I only want to see...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I remove all the new junk that was added to my xbox home screen. I only want to see...: How can I remove all the new junk that was added to my dashboard with this new update?? c4c3ea4f-0187-4415-843f-1b8136bd9bab
  8. I accidentally added an invalid email account as a child family member. How do I remove...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I accidentally added an invalid email account as a child family member. How do I remove...: I accidentally added an invalid email account as a child family member. This happened when I typed in the wrong email address when I was attempting to add their account to our xbox. How do I...
  9. Is possible to make a child account independent by removing the parent account or adding a...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is possible to make a child account independent by removing the parent account or adding a...: So my father is a control freak and controls my sister and I's accounts. Some reason he doesn't like my sister so he has been fiddling with all her accounts. and I want to try and help her by...
  10. My Microsoft account was hacked and the hacker added his email and removed mine from the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Microsoft account was hacked and the hacker added his email and removed mine from the...: My Microsoft account was hacked and the hacker added his email and removed mine from the account. is there a way to retrieve it? In addition, is there a way to transfer a minecraft account data...