Removed a Credit Card and updated the Payment method a year ago and its trying to use old card?

Discus and support Removed a Credit Card and updated the Payment method a year ago and its trying to use old card? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; About a year ago I removed my Parents credit Card method of payment from my Xbox one. That card *No Longer Exists*. So I replaced replaced the PRIMARY... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Weinee Roast, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Weinee Roast
    Weinee Roast Guest

Removed a Credit Card and updated the Payment method a year ago and its trying to use old card?

About a year ago I removed my Parents credit Card method of payment from my Xbox one. That card *No Longer Exists*. So I replaced replaced the PRIMARY payment method with my pay pal account, and turned on auto renewal for 12 Month Gold. Today I try to play
    Xbox live and I cant because its trying to use the *Non-existing Card* and it wont let me update it online. It even says on the side of my purchase history: 12 Month Gold Subscription covered, but ITS NOT WORKING.

:)

Weinee Roast, Nov 19, 2017
  2. Upgrading from XBOX free to Gold

On the billing.microsoft.com site select your old credit card under payment methods and then select "Go to payment method information" and then under credit card status click "Use a different payment method" and select or add the new credit card.

This should switch everything over to the new cc and you should be able to remove it.

ShaneMunnelly, Nov 19, 2017
  3. medium bloke
    medium bloke Guest
    Microsoft preys on childrens not knowing how the xbox thieves work.

If you let your 9 year old on your account that has payment methods such as credit cards on it, then you should have removed them before letting him on the account, to avoid accidental payments.

medium bloke, Nov 19, 2017
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

You'll need to contact support and speak to billing for assistance. 1-800-4my-xbox if you're in the US/Canada or Contact Us | Xbox Support

Smwutches, Nov 19, 2017
  5. Smwutches Win User

You'll need to contact support and speak to billing for assistance. 1-800-4my-xbox if you're in the US/Canada or http://support.xbox.com/contact-us
  6. XBF Ezra G Win User

Probleme de paiment xbox live gold imposible de supprime un carte perimée[Translation - Payment problem Xbox Live Gold imposible removes a perimée card]

Hi Lifteur!

Thanks for your post, it seems that you may need to update the subscription with a new card before removing the old card off your account. To do so follow the steps on this article:

Change the payment method or credit card linked to your Microsoft account

Be sure to follow the "Update payment method" guide, and then you should be able to delete the old card afterward.

Let us know how this goes, thanks again.
  7. ShaneMunnelly Win User

Upgrading from XBOX free to Gold

On the billing.microsoft.com site select your old credit card under payment methods and then select "Go to payment method information" and then under credit card status click "Use a different payment method" and select or add the new credit card.

This should switch everything over to the new cc and you should be able to remove it.
  8. HassanB Win User

Your payment instrument could not be authorized. Please contact your provider, or try a different payment option.

If PayPal is your only payment method then you will need to make sure you have an active credit / debit card on file on the Microsoft Billing site in order to be able to successfully use PayPal with the XBOX Live services. You may want to remove your PayPal
    account completely and make sure there are absolutely no old payment methods on file. In this sort of situation I would remove all payment methods from the account and add a new payment method if possible (verified credit card/debit card - not prepaid card)
    and then try to make the purchase.
  9. medium bloke Win User

Microsoft preys on childrens not knowing how the xbox thieves work.

If you let your 9 year old on your account that has payment methods such as credit cards on it, then you should have removed them before letting him on the account, to avoid accidental payments.
Thema:

1. Removed a Credit Card and updated the Payment method a year ago and its trying to use old card? - Similar Threads - Removed Credit Card

2. Smwutches disrespectful keeps removing my posts

in XBoX on Windows
    Smwutches disrespectful keeps removing my posts: Smwutches keeps removing my post as this person has been harassing me. Would like to know who do I talk to about them. I will keep reposting until I have an answer. I'd like to speak to an admin....
  3. How do I remove a family passcode from an Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I remove a family passcode from an Xbox 360?: I've been trying for 2 days to remove a family passcode from a used system with no luck (I'm unable to play Dead or Alive). I tried by myself on 4-10-2024 and today (4-11-2024) for an hour with...
  4. Why are some accounts with super offensive names not getting removed?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why are some accounts with super offensive names not getting removed?: Im playing Grand Theft Auto and some guy joins the group chat party with a swastika as his gamertag. He said he’s been reported tons of times and nothing has happened to him. Is there tags...
  5. Contorller's warranty was removed after repairs

in XBoX on Windows
    Contorller's warranty was removed after repairs: Hello. My Xbox Elite 2 Controller was on 2-year warranty until the middle of 2025. Recently I had some issues with it and had sent it for repairs. During the service the controller was removed...
  6. If I remove my xbox accounts off my xbox an there's no accounts on it will my credit card...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I remove my xbox accounts off my xbox an there's no accounts on it will my credit card...: If I remove my xbox accounts off my xbox an there's no accounts on it will my credit card info still be on my xbox or no 22ab783c-e586-46a6-b867-b46083329c88
  7. Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????: I currently have three different cards that are being charged with fraudulent charges through Microsoft. Can't change my password, can't remove credit cards, and good luck trying to speak to...
  8. I need to remove my credit card information as I did not approve any charges on my behalf...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need to remove my credit card information as I did not approve any charges on my behalf...: My card keeps getting monthly charges somehow and I want it to please stop and how do I get any of my money back for what I did not approve of. 3f5ab2d9-65aa-452d-aca7-142746911de0
  9. To remove an old credit card from the system and add a new Card.

in XBoX Accessibility
    To remove an old credit card from the system and add a new Card.: Xbox Support has a rating of -10 for their knowledge, professionalism, and help to customers. I have called Xbox support since the card was removed and a new card with new numbers, dates, and...
  10. It won't let me remove my credit card even though its not linked to anything

in XBoX Games and Apps
    It won't let me remove my credit card even though its not linked to anything: [img] Could someone please tell me how to fix this? 07a0ece5-876b-457d-be57-dc84705b08a9