Removal of Xbox profile I didn’t create, no not even “accidentally”

Discus and support Removal of Xbox profile I didn’t create, no not even “accidentally” in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I want to completely remove the XBox profile from my Microsoft account. I never created one, it was there from the get go. I didn’t... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by JamesRP, Feb 27, 2023.

1. JamesRP
    JamesRP Guest

I want to completely remove the XBox profile from my Microsoft account. I never created one, it was there from the get go. I didn’t “accidentally”create one, which is the stupidest thing I have ever heard suggested. The steps to create even the most basic account will on any site involve at least three steps so how anyone makes one purely as an “oopsie” is [mod removed]. I don’t use Xbox, I haven’t played any video games since Sonic The Hedgehog in the 90’s. Not to mention I have all things Xbox completely disabled on my laptop and none of the horrible things I was warned would happen if I disabled Cbox (and Edge for that matter) have happened, and I’ve kept my system fully operational and faster because of it.

:)

JamesRP, Feb 27, 2023
  2. Ronnieee Win User

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help in removing an Xbox profile from your Microsoft account.

Just a heads up though, Xbox account is automatically created when you get a Microsoft account most especially when your try using your Microsoft account to log in to an Xbox website or any Xbox related products. It is like a built in account to a Microsoft account. If you have an Xbox account when logging in to an Xbox website, it is automatically created when using your Microsoft account and you are given a default gamertag for that. The only time that you are asked to choose a gamertag on your liking is when using your Microsoft account to an Xbox device the first time.

You cannot remove this anymore since this is a built in account to all Microsoft accounts. You can only change the gamertag if you wish and only once for free if you were give default gamertag. But I am sure it does not have any data on it if you have not used it before.
  3. Stephen.T.Makowski Win User

How do I recover active gamertag if emails removed?

Hey Ricardo,

I didn’t deactivate my email address, I removed the email from my Xbox profile. I didn’t have Skype or my phone # linked too the Xbox profile. When I sign into the Xbox profile with the email address that created that profile, it doesn’t pull my existing Xbox account content, it creates a new Xbox profile. Any ideas on what else I can do or try?

Thanks,

Stephen.
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

Accidentally removed profile

Hi Cyndi,

Thanks for letting us know you were able to get it downloaded again.
    I will go ahead and lock this thread as it has been resolved. Please feel free to come back to the forums if you have any other issues, questions, or just want to create a discussion to talk to fellow gamers.

Thanks,

Brad
  5. CyndiGalipeau Win User

No error. After I enter my email it just circles for a few seconds & flips back to the sign in column.
  6. Galaxy Golden Win User

What happens when you try to re-add your profile to the console?
Thema:

1. Removal of Xbox profile I didn’t create, no not even “accidentally” - Similar Threads - Removal profile didn’t

2. Console keeps removing my profiles after turning off console

in XboX Insiders
    Console keeps removing my profiles after turning off console: Hi lads, I bought an Xbox yesterday from a friend as they never used the console. I signed into my account and downloaded the games I wanted and that was fine. However once I turned it off and...
  3. [Xbox Forum] Unable to remove a follower on Xbox Profile

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    [Xbox Forum] Unable to remove a follower on Xbox Profile: Unable to remove a follower on Xbox Profile - Microsoft Community I have the same problem. XBF-JoannaDark Microsoft Employee Moderator I need your help But I want to give my gamertag by...
  4. How do I remove a profile from another Xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I remove a profile from another Xbox: I had my Xbox series S stolen and want to remove the profiles from it. 81e7ba96-40a8-49e8-9c68-7bfbb26a05bd
  5. Unable to remove a follower on Xbox Profile

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to remove a follower on Xbox Profile: Unable to remove a follower on Xbox Profile - Microsoft Community I have the same problem. XBF-JoannaDark Microsoft Employee Moderator I need your help But I want to give my gamertag by...
  6. Can’t download my Xbox 360 profile on emulator after removing the cache

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can’t download my Xbox 360 profile on emulator after removing the cache: Hi! I can’t download my Xbox 360 profile to the emulator on my Xbox one after removing the cache. It says that it can’t connect to Xbox live and want me to test my connection. Nothings wrong with...
  7. Xbox Live Gold Badge removed from profile?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Live Gold Badge removed from profile?: Has anyone’s XBL badge been removed of their profile? Mine was there and it’s now gone? Is there any reason why and how to recover this? [img] a1e61f94-825a-408c-a7dd-ee990fc45c62
  8. Problem Removing Specific Friends From Xbox Live Profile

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Problem Removing Specific Friends From Xbox Live Profile: I am managing my Xbox Live profile through a browser, account.xbox.com. I am removing a number of profiles from my friends list that I am no longer friends with. For most profiles, I was able to...
  9. On the Xbox app on my profile how can I remove my real name so others don’t see?

in XBoX Accessibility
    On the Xbox app on my profile how can I remove my real name so others don’t see?: I tried to look in privacy settings but I didn’t find anything to fix that. I also tried using the account management but that also didn’t work. 15f26c62-a249-432d-8b8a-a38c7fe0327f
  10. Is there a way to remove XBox Live from a 360 profile?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there a way to remove XBox Live from a 360 profile?: I just added live to my original 360 profile (which never had it), but now it can't have its original name and while it is a stupid reason, I really want the name back. Is there any way to remove...