Remote play

Discus and support Remote play in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi Can I remote play on a family members xbox series s, my sister doesn't live in the same household. What does she have to do in order for me to... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by BarryG4, Mar 26, 2023.

1. BarryG4
    BarryG4 Guest

Remote play

Hi

Can I remote play on a family members xbox series s, my sister doesn't live in the same household.

What does she have to do in order for me to remotely connect to her series S.

I don't want to go about gamesharing as she has her own subscription.

I'm able to remote play on my own xbox but how do I setup remote play on another xbox that I don't have access to.

I tried searching on the Internet

"how to remote play on a console I don't have access to"

but can't seem to find anything that's relevant.

Thanks.

:)

BarryG4, Mar 26, 2023
  2. Eletricdrum Win User

remote play

3. Eletricdrum Win User

remote play

We can try some procedure of course.. I've just asked you about the Xiaomi support because maybe they already told you something....

But let's go..

* Double-check that your device and network meet the minimum system requirements.

* If you're on a wireless network, make sure you're on a 5 GHz network, not 2.4 GHz (on a 2.4 GHz wireless network you may see some interference).

See Using a 5 GHz Wi-Fi network:

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/games-apps/...

* If you’re attempting to cast your device to another screen, this will add additional latency to the output which may result in increased lag or audio that’s out of sync.

* On an Android device, you can clear the app cache. Go to Settings > Apps, select the app, then select Storage > Clear cache.

* On an Android device, you can try connecting your controller directly using a USB cable.

Troubleshoot additional network latency:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/Hardware-Ne...

* If you have changed your DNS settings, see:

* If your device has the option for changing the power setting to High Performance Mode, enabling this may improve your gaming experience.

You can also refer to this link if you still have problems:

4. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Remote play

Hi SimonBaylik! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

If you see the following errors when you try to connect to your console, try the troubleshooting steps that follow:

"Stream Connection Lost: Something went wrong, please try again later."

"Try again in a while: We can't stream from your console right now."

"Can't connect to console."

Make sure you’ve completed all the steps in the setup guide:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/...

If you’re still having trouble, try these solutions:

Check the Xbox status, which can be done in the Xbox app. On mobile, go to the

Profile tab and select the Settings icon, then select Support & feedback > Xbox status. Or, on a browser, go to:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status

Close the Xbox app on your device and then reopen it.

Check that you’re signed in to the Xbox app with the same account that you used to enable remote play from your console.

If your Xbox console requires an update when you try to play remotely, you may see an error. Turn on the Xbox console you're trying to connect to and check for available updates, then try again.

Make sure you’ve enabled remote play on your console. Press the Xbox button  on your controller to open the guide, then go to Profile & system > Settings > Devices & connections > Remote features. Make sure you’ve selected the Enable remote features checkbox.

Restart your console by holding down the Xbox button  on your controller and selecting Restart console > Restart.

Restart the device you're using for remote play.
  5. Georges C. Win User

Remote play

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community and Happy New Year.

Hello Aaron, we have not received occurrences like this, however try to check the accessibility settings on the phone, or even the system updates.
  6. Geri M. Win User

Remote play

Hi Steve Seburn,

Thank you for your time in posting here in Xbox Forums.

Kindly follow the steps below to contact real time support. Contact us | Xbox Support

Scroll down and look to the bottom left side if you can see that the page corresponds to the country/region in which you are currently located.

Otherwise, select the country/region you are showing and select the correct one from the lists.

Be sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.

Select the "Contact Us" button

Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.

The next window will provide support articles based on your request, and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "View contact options" button.

In the final window, you will be presented with several options. We suggest selecting the "Online Chat" or "Request a call" options to talk to someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.

If you are unable to connect to support, use the Virtual Agent and type this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent."

Troubleshooting that you can try in case you were unable to contact the team. Update your device and browser, use your browser's InPrivate window , or try a different device or browser, or connect to a different network.

We hope this helps and it's even better to connect with the right support, where you can get dedicated assistance, experts will provide accurate answers to you.

If you have other concerns, you can create a new post here. Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com).

We wish you a good day!

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community
Thema:

Remote play

1. Remote play - Similar Threads - Remote play

2. Right joystick not working in remote play.

in XboX Insiders
    Right joystick not working in remote play.: So I recently tried out remote play on my phone, and everything seems to work PERFECTLY while playing games and such, but when I try to use my right stick to look around nothing happens. It works...
  3. my Laptop will not remote play with my xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Laptop will not remote play with my xbox series s: I have done all updates, turned on remote play, It connects to the app on my phone but not on my laptop. Pls help 30d77d8c-473b-4f10-b1f1-de9d5182f6a7
  4. My remote play issues on pc since new update

in XboX Insiders
    My remote play issues on pc since new update: I did all updates on pc and on xbox' it connects tells me to enable remote play but then it doesn't not connect after just crashes... submitted by /u/IntheCloudsgaming [link] [comments]
  5. Remote Play Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote Play Issues: Hi All I have enabled remote play features on my xbox and using a handheld PC to connect to it using the xbox app. It connects intermittenly only from the handheld PC. It might work every second...
  6. Xbox Remote Play connection issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Remote Play connection issues.: I'm having a small, but annoying problem with the Xbox Remote Play feature, in the sense that every so often, probably once or twice every hour or 2, it'll say that it disconnected and then...
  7. Remote Play doesn't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote Play doesn't work: Hi, I've enabled Remote Play on my Xbox Series X, but whenever I try to connect to it through my PC or laptop, I get the following error: "Check your network connection. We found your console...
  8. Xbox One S Remote Play Microsoft Rewards

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S Remote Play Microsoft Rewards: Can I set up remote play on the Xbox One S so I can check the Microsoft Rewards app from my phone or laptop? f74e807f-bd08-404f-a6a0-e649d94e5728
  9. Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game

in XboX Insiders
    Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game: Hi all, Don't know if this is happening to anyone else or not, but touch controls don't seem to work when I'm streaming games from my console. The Xbox button works, the overlay works and I can...
  10. Mobile Touch Controls(remote play)

in XboX Insiders
    Mobile Touch Controls(remote play): Hey Team Xbox; just wanted to divulge this little minor detail, I have the iPhone14proMax and the “dynamic island” cuts off most of the left trigger touch control button/input. I am still able to...