Remote Play won't turn on or connect to the Xbox

Discus and support Remote Play won't turn on or connect to the Xbox in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm banging my head against a wall with this. - Remote features are enabled. - I've tested remote features, and it passes all tests. - I've updated... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Chaia Lenor, Mar 21, 2023.

1. Chaia Lenor
    Chaia Lenor Guest

I'm banging my head against a wall with this.

- Remote features are enabled.

- I've tested remote features, and it passes all tests.

- I've updated the console

- I've updated the controller

- I've unplugged and plugged the console back in again (which feels like a hail mary rather than a practical solution)

- I've reset the console to factory settings

- I've updated the app, deleted the app, redownloaded the app

- I've looked at MAC filterning

- I've looked at Port Forwarding

- I've followed every tutorial I can find on youtube and reddit

Frustratingly, when the console is turned on via normal means, it will then work. But not when the console is turned off to begin with, even on the same network, it will show the app that it is on in energy mode, but won't turn on via the remote or via the remote play connection.

What am i missing? Why is this feature so needlessly complicated to get working?

:)

Chaia Lenor, Mar 21, 2023
  2. Belle B Win User

Thank you. I'm on Xbox one original, though, I don't think there's any difference with the settings, but let me get back to you on that. In the meantime, ensure that your privacy settings are all enabled by signing in here: https://account.xbox.com/en-us/Settings
  3. Chaia Lenor Win User

Series X

And looks like we may have found the problem.

I don’t have that option…

[​IMG]
  4. Belle B Win User

Thank you, Chaia.

Go to Settings > Devices & connections > Remote features > Xbox app preferences > Allow connections from any device > Allow play to streaming and Allow game streaming to other devices.

Ensure you're logged in using the same account. Also, you may want to consider trying a different mobile device just to see if there's any difference.
  5. Belle B Win User

Thank you. Instead, kindly tap on Open remote control > Tap on Turn on console

Let's see if it will do the same.
  6. Belle B Win User

Thank you. When you tap on your console, what option do you tap on to start playing?
Thema:

1. Remote Play won't turn on or connect to the Xbox - Similar Threads - Remote Play won't

2. audio but no video with remote play on pc

in XboX Insiders
    audio but no video with remote play on pc: been trying to use remote play on my laptop from my series s but all i get is the audio from my game with no video. Tried with my phone and worked perfectly. I've tried closing and reopening,...
  3. Remote play not working properly

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play not working properly: Xbox remote play is displaying in the top left and stretching the rest of the display across the screen, this happened after a good first attempt then this happened every time after. Does anyone...
  4. Right joystick not working in remote play.

in XboX Insiders
    Right joystick not working in remote play.: So I recently tried out remote play on my phone, and everything seems to work PERFECTLY while playing games and such, but when I try to use my right stick to look around nothing happens. It works...
  5. my Laptop will not remote play with my xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Laptop will not remote play with my xbox series s: I have done all updates, turned on remote play, It connects to the app on my phone but not on my laptop. Pls help 30d77d8c-473b-4f10-b1f1-de9d5182f6a7
  6. My remote play issues on pc since new update

in XboX Insiders
    My remote play issues on pc since new update: I did all updates on pc and on xbox' it connects tells me to enable remote play but then it doesn't not connect after just crashes... submitted by /u/IntheCloudsgaming [link] [comments]
  7. Remote Play Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote Play Issues: Hi All I have enabled remote play features on my xbox and using a handheld PC to connect to it using the xbox app. It connects intermittenly only from the handheld PC. It might work every second...
  8. Xbox Remote Play connection issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Remote Play connection issues.: I'm having a small, but annoying problem with the Xbox Remote Play feature, in the sense that every so often, probably once or twice every hour or 2, it'll say that it disconnected and then...
  9. Remote Play doesn't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote Play doesn't work: Hi, I've enabled Remote Play on my Xbox Series X, but whenever I try to connect to it through my PC or laptop, I get the following error: "Check your network connection. We found your console...
  10. XBOX Remote Play won't initiate on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Remote Play won't initiate on PC: I have a current ultimate game pass subscription My XBOX is fully updated Remote Play is set up properly on my XBOX While on my home network, I'm able to initiate a remote play session on my...