Remote play via Console Companion App disappeared

Discus and support Remote play via Console Companion App disappeared in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Some time recently the options to Stream completely vanished. Test Streaming also comes up now and then but tells me something needs to be updated. I... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/EXTIINCT_tK, Jan 29, 2023.

1. Remote play via Console Companion App disappeared

Some time recently the options to Stream completely vanished. Test Streaming also comes up now and then but tells me something needs to be updated. I tried the Xbox App on both PC and mobile and both worked fine however I'm unable to lower the quality unlike the Companion App so it's quite laggy at times.

Xbox One: 10.0.22621.3400 (xb_flt_2302ni.230123-2200)

Xbox App (PC): 2301.1001.5.0

Companion: 48.89.25001.00000

Edit:

Console connected

Test Streaming results

No sign of Companion update

submitted by /u/EXTIINCT_tK
    [link] [comments]

/u/EXTIINCT_tK, Jan 29, 2023
  2. CptMorgnNoBeard Win User

Dudas de stream por twich

Hi There,

Yes this is possible, I stream like this all the time.

There are two ways to do this first is if you bought an external capture device.

Second way is how I do it, you can use the Xbox Companion app on your PC to remote play your Xbox, then use a streaming app on your pc to stream the Xbox Companion app. Just note that you may want to join party chats via the Xbox companion app instead of
    on your console and also continue to play via controller on your Xbox to not experience delays playing via the pc app.
  3. Cro Gal Win User

XBox Cloud Gaming Local Multiplayer?

Yes, I agree. This is similar like remote play (app is the same). In the old xbox companion app for remote play you can use 4 controllers to remote play but unfortunally we canot use old xbox companion app with xbox series.
  4. Smwutches Win User

Xbox companion app

5. ngocphi Win User

Why is there an xbox companion app and an xbox app for PC? Just put all the features in one app.

Two different things one companion app is a front end to your xbox for remote play

Xbox app is storefront for pc and remote play and cloud play
  6. Francia J. Win User

Xbox companion app

Just a friendly reminder though that if you’re looking to remote play, your Xbox console needs to be turned on as well.

In regards to locating the games, they will not show up on the Xbox Console Companion. If you own them and it is an Xbox Play Anywhere game it will be visible on your Microsoft Store App Library.

You’ve mentioned two games which are Minecraft and COD, I’m sorry but they’re not an Xbox Play Anywhere game, you only play them on Xbox console or on your PC via Console Streaming/Remote Play.
Thema:

Remote play via Console Companion App disappeared

1. Remote play via Console Companion App disappeared - Similar Threads - Remote play via

2. Right joystick not working in remote play.

in XboX Insiders
    Right joystick not working in remote play.: So I recently tried out remote play on my phone, and everything seems to work PERFECTLY while playing games and such, but when I try to use my right stick to look around nothing happens. It works...
  3. my Laptop will not remote play with my xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Laptop will not remote play with my xbox series s: I have done all updates, turned on remote play, It connects to the app on my phone but not on my laptop. Pls help 30d77d8c-473b-4f10-b1f1-de9d5182f6a7
  4. My remote play issues on pc since new update

in XboX Insiders
    My remote play issues on pc since new update: I did all updates on pc and on xbox' it connects tells me to enable remote play but then it doesn't not connect after just crashes... submitted by /u/IntheCloudsgaming [link] [comments]
  5. Remote Play Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote Play Issues: Hi All I have enabled remote play features on my xbox and using a handheld PC to connect to it using the xbox app. It connects intermittenly only from the handheld PC. It might work every second...
  6. Xbox Remote Play connection issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Remote Play connection issues.: I'm having a small, but annoying problem with the Xbox Remote Play feature, in the sense that every so often, probably once or twice every hour or 2, it'll say that it disconnected and then...
  7. Remote Play doesn't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote Play doesn't work: Hi, I've enabled Remote Play on my Xbox Series X, but whenever I try to connect to it through my PC or laptop, I get the following error: "Check your network connection. We found your console...
  8. Xbox One S Remote Play Microsoft Rewards

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S Remote Play Microsoft Rewards: Can I set up remote play on the Xbox One S so I can check the Microsoft Rewards app from my phone or laptop? f74e807f-bd08-404f-a6a0-e649d94e5728
  9. Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game

in XboX Insiders
    Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game: Hi all, Don't know if this is happening to anyone else or not, but touch controls don't seem to work when I'm streaming games from my console. The Xbox button works, the overlay works and I can...
  10. |QUESTION| How do I sign into my Xbox via remote play?

in XboX Insiders
    |QUESTION| How do I sign into my Xbox via remote play?: Title. What I'm asking is if you aren't signed into your Xbox but you have your account on it, including the Xbox already being on. Is there a way to sign in on the Xbox and start playing with...