Remote play questions - local and online

Discus and support Remote play questions - local and online in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; After doing quite a bit of Google/Reddit/Forum research, I have a lot of unanswered questions. Is it true that Xbox One has remote play over the local... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/maqij, Feb 6, 2022.

1. /u/maqij
    /u/maqij Guest

After doing quite a bit of Google/Reddit/Forum research, I have a lot of unanswered questions.

Is it true that Xbox One has remote play over the local network, but Xbox series requires an internet connection?

Does remote play on the series still happen over LAN but just an authentication check?

Is remote play over LAN only through PC with the Xbox app?

Can you use either the Xbox one or series to remote play directly to an IOS device without streaming up and back from Microsoft servers?

Does remote play use the same decoding software as Xcloud on IOS? The current decoding software for Xcloud (Rainway) heats up IOS device and eventually slows them down. Does remote play over the internet using the same decoding?

submitted by /u/maqij
    [link] [comments]

/u/maqij, Feb 6, 2022
  2. ericjwilborn Win User

2 local plus online players

Unfortunately, local co-op and online (remote) play are not combineable.
  3. AFJ617 Win User

Xbox Remote Play locked to 720p resolution with poor bitrate?

This has less to do with the streaming capabilities of the Series X and more to do with the fact that even when using remote play locally the Xbox is routing traffic through the Azure datacenters which makes absolutely no sense.

If you don't believe me go use remote play on an Xbox One X and it does not have this issue when using remote play locally.

All my consoles are LAN and my PS5 has no issues outputting a 1080/60fps stream locally.

It is a glaring issue that has been raised across a number of different forums online and it makes no sense.

Has less to do with folks internet setups and more to do with bad decision making from MS
  4. KhajiBower34 Win User

Remote Play Question?

Hello William A, My name is Khaji I am the independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today.

I understand that you are experiencing issues with remote play on your Xbox console using the Backbone controller, and you're getting disconnected before being able to start playing, here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Ensure that both your Xbox console and your phone are connected to a stable and reliable Wi-Fi network. Unstable or weak network connections can cause frequent disconnections during remote play. Consider moving closer to your Wi-Fi router or connecting to a different network if possible.

2. Power off both your Xbox console and your phone, then turn them back on. This can help refresh the devices and establish a more stable connection.

3. Make sure that your Xbox console is running the latest system software. Go to the "Settings" menu on your console, select "System," and then choose "Updates & downloads." If an update is available, install it and restart your console.

4. Ensure that you have the latest version of the Backbone app installed on your phone. Visit your phone's app store (e.g., the App Store for iOS or the Google Play Store for Android) and check for any available updates for the Backbone app. Install any updates and try remote play again.

5. On your Xbox console, go to the "Settings" menu, select "Power & startup," and then choose "Power mode & startup." Make sure that the power-saving mode is disabled. This can prevent the console from entering a low-power state that may interfere with remote play.

6. Confirm that the Backbone app is compatible with your specific Xbox console model and firmware version. Some remote play apps may have specific requirements or limitations. Visit the Backbone website or contact their support team to ensure compatibility.

7. If you've tried the above steps and the disconnection issue persists, it's recommended to reach out to Backbone's support team. They can provide specific troubleshooting steps and assistance tailored to their hardware and app.

Remember that remote play experiences can vary based on various factors, including network conditions and device compatibility.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
  5. kyle_m4496 Win User

Hi there

Hi Terry. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

An internet connection is required to enable and use Remote Play, but the remote stream will only go through your local network. Other data such as authentication has to be sent through Microsoft servers when using Remote Play.
  6. ngocphi Win User

Why do you need to buy game pass on Cloud Gaming to play games you own already?

No as mentioned all services require a subscription for cloud

You can play locally or remote plat as you already been told

As a future.feature.purchases is coning but still require.the subscription

Only way you are going to.do what you want is subscription or remote play
Thema:

1. Remote play questions - local and online - Similar Threads - Remote play questions

2. Contacting an Agent and Remote Play on Mac

in XBoX on Windows
    Contacting an Agent and Remote Play on Mac: I liked my new Xbox Series S. Bang for every buck and better than its competitor on various categories. However, I am disappointed with Microsoft Xbox support. It is impossible to get in touch...
  3. audio but no video with remote play on pc

in XboX Insiders
    audio but no video with remote play on pc: been trying to use remote play on my laptop from my series s but all i get is the audio from my game with no video. Tried with my phone and worked perfectly. I've tried closing and reopening,...
  4. Remote play not working properly

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play not working properly: Xbox remote play is displaying in the top left and stretching the rest of the display across the screen, this happened after a good first attempt then this happened every time after. Does anyone...
  5. Right joystick not working in remote play.

in XboX Insiders
    Right joystick not working in remote play.: So I recently tried out remote play on my phone, and everything seems to work PERFECTLY while playing games and such, but when I try to use my right stick to look around nothing happens. It works...
  6. Remote access play question

in XBoX on Windows
    Remote access play question: If on my account I have remote play enabled and my son on same Xbox but different account turns remote play off. Do I lose access of remote play on the Xbox since he turned that setting off on his...
  7. Remote Play Question?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Remote Play Question?: I recently bought a backbone, but my remote play isn't working. I have set my console and phone up for remote play, but everytime I try to play, I keep getting disconnected before I can even...
  8. |QUESTION| How do I sign into my Xbox via remote play?

in XboX Insiders
    |QUESTION| How do I sign into my Xbox via remote play?: Title. What I'm asking is if you aren't signed into your Xbox but you have your account on it, including the Xbox already being on. Is there a way to sign in on the Xbox and start playing with...
  9. Question Regarding Xbox PC Remote Play Away From Home Network

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Question Regarding Xbox PC Remote Play Away From Home Network: I got Windows Parallel for my MacBook Pro (M2 Chip) recently. I downloaded the Xbox App and I am able to remote play with my Xbox Series S. I also know that remote play works regardless of whether...
  10. Backwards compatibility remote play question

in XboX Insiders
    Backwards compatibility remote play question: (I wasn't sure which flair was better) So, I tried to play Fable through remote play. The error 0x87e10004 error comes up, I got used to it, it's a bummer. My question is, can it/will it be...