Remote play problems “we can’t connect to your console right now”

Discus and support Remote play problems “we can’t connect to your console right now” in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hello, looking for some advice… I can remote play when my Xbox is already turned on, but once it’s been in sleep for 10/15 minutes, I can’t then... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Chaialenor, Mar 17, 2023.

1. Remote play problems “we can’t connect to your console right now”

Hello, looking for some advice…

I can remote play when my Xbox is already turned on, but once it’s been in sleep for 10/15 minutes, I can’t then ‘wake’ it via the Xbox app to remote play

The app shows the console is on. But then it’s the ‘we can’t connect to the console right now’

I’ve tried - resetting the console, keeping games/files. Not done a complete wipe of it just yet and don’t want too unless I have too. - configured all the settings as advised. - updated the controller, saw that was causing some issues. - tested the remote play functions on the Xbox. There is a yellow mark for latency, but I’ve checked that and it meets the requirements. - tried to do it from an IOS device and an Android device and neither seem to work. - tried going into the remote control to turn on the console, but again that is not connecting either.

• I haven’t taken the power cable out for 30-60 seconds and then put it back in again. That’s the next attempt but feels a bit like a wish and a prayer at this point.

All on a home network, I’ve not tried to do it from afar yet, that’s the next battle.

I’ve seen lots of Reddit posts from a year+ ago asking about this, but not as much recently so hoping there is a solution.

Any ideas?

Many thanks!

submitted by /u/Chaialenor
    [link] [comments]

/u/Chaialenor, Mar 17, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Remote Play - Finds console but won’t connect

Hi Ryan Rolfes,

Thanks for your reply.

I apologize for the confusion. To make sure we can provide the right information, I have consulted this remote play concern of yours to our Internal Support Team. From their response remote play is meant to be played when you are away from your home console. The mobile device can be connected cellular data and which highly recommended is to connect on 5G. You may also opt to connect your mobile device to Wi-Fi which we recommend 5Ghz for Wi-Fi. On the other hand, most people have the console connected to ethernet or Wi-Fi at home.

Now, may we know if you can try to remote play again? Try if you can do it with 5G.

Please test the remote play connection while you at home before playing it far from home.

Please post a screenshot of the issue and conceal any personal information.

We look forward for your update.

Regards,

3. pegasus31 Win User

We cannot connect to your console right now. (0x8000001E)

i am having this same problem as well. i have looked everywhere but couldnt find anything that worked. ive uninstalled the app on my iphone, rebooted/unplugged the xbox one/router/iphone, and ive checked mutiple times to make sure im on the same wifi. anyone
    please offer more suggestions
  4. Schief Win User

I'm sorry you are having trouble connecting your devices to your Xbox One console. Many times this issue can be traced back to the home network configuration including specific router or router settings. Please take a look at the SmartGlass FAQ

here
    and specifically walk through the connection section. Even when you think you are connected to the same home network, there are some devices which can separate the wired connections from the wireless connections. There can also be a setting sometimes
    referred to as "wifi isolation" which allows devices to connect to the Internet but are blocked from talking to each other (which is a good security measure for guest networks for instance).

Anyway, please carefully walk through these steps and let us know if you are able to connect. If not, please let us know what specific network configuration you have including the brand and model number of your router. Thanks!

Q: Why can’t I connect to my console?

A: Here are a few things to check to ensure you have a successful connection between your SmartGlass device and Xbox One.

• Make sure Xbox SmartGlass Apps is “On” in Settings/Preferences/SmartGlass Connections.
    • Your SmartGlass device needs to be on the same network as your Xbox One Console:
    1. Make sure you’re not on your cellular/3G/4G network or on a separate wifi/switch. Temporarily disable cellular data if you device has it to ensure you are connecting to your wifi network.
    2. Make sure you are not connected to your router’s Guest Network
    3. Make sure you disable Access Point/WiFi Isolation or related feature on your router
    4. If your Xbox One Console is connected via wired cable, temporarily disconnect the cable and connect the console to the same wifi network that your SmartGlass device is connected to
    • Turn off any VPN connection as this may prevent discovery/connection from functioning
    • Make sure you are running the Xbox One SmartGlass app and not the Xbox 360 SmartGlass app.
    • If none of these steps work, turn off your Xbox One console and unplug it for 30 seconds and restart the console.
    • If you are still unable to connect, please post your situation including your network configuration (inc. router model), and SmartGlass device in this forum here.
  5. E ROD 24 Win User

Now the app won't see the console after the newest update on ios on 1/26/14
  6. My B1ack Son Win User

(and this is after I manually input my IP address)
Thema:

Remote play problems “we can’t connect to your console right now”

1. Remote play problems “we can’t connect to your console right now” - Similar Threads - Remote play problems

2. Right joystick not working in remote play.

in XboX Insiders
    Right joystick not working in remote play.: So I recently tried out remote play on my phone, and everything seems to work PERFECTLY while playing games and such, but when I try to use my right stick to look around nothing happens. It works...
  3. my Laptop will not remote play with my xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Laptop will not remote play with my xbox series s: I have done all updates, turned on remote play, It connects to the app on my phone but not on my laptop. Pls help 30d77d8c-473b-4f10-b1f1-de9d5182f6a7
  4. My remote play issues on pc since new update

in XboX Insiders
    My remote play issues on pc since new update: I did all updates on pc and on xbox' it connects tells me to enable remote play but then it doesn't not connect after just crashes... submitted by /u/IntheCloudsgaming [link] [comments]
  5. Remote Play Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote Play Issues: Hi All I have enabled remote play features on my xbox and using a handheld PC to connect to it using the xbox app. It connects intermittenly only from the handheld PC. It might work every second...
  6. Xbox Remote Play connection issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Remote Play connection issues.: I'm having a small, but annoying problem with the Xbox Remote Play feature, in the sense that every so often, probably once or twice every hour or 2, it'll say that it disconnected and then...
  7. Remote Play doesn't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote Play doesn't work: Hi, I've enabled Remote Play on my Xbox Series X, but whenever I try to connect to it through my PC or laptop, I get the following error: "Check your network connection. We found your console...
  8. Xbox One S Remote Play Microsoft Rewards

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S Remote Play Microsoft Rewards: Can I set up remote play on the Xbox One S so I can check the Microsoft Rewards app from my phone or laptop? f74e807f-bd08-404f-a6a0-e649d94e5728
  9. Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game

in XboX Insiders
    Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game: Hi all, Don't know if this is happening to anyone else or not, but touch controls don't seem to work when I'm streaming games from my console. The Xbox button works, the overlay works and I can...
  10. Remote play problem on xbox series x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Remote play problem on xbox series x: Hi, So I have this problem with my xbox series x. I use remote play (from ipad on wifi, PC wired, any client) and sometimes it stutters every 10 seconds for a second or 2. But sometimes it...